RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
Hi 2x morning running now with a hard frost and wanting to set climate/warm car and no connectivity from Porsche server to car (UK) is it just me or current
network issue? thanks

Porsche Taycan CONNECT APP network issues? car
Sponsored

Eddie

First Name
Arron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
In my opinion there is a fundamental issue with the way the server communicates with the car. Often the car just will not wake up and listen for commands. Anecdotally, this tends to be more common on cold mornings. The only solution I have found is to go and unlock the car. Once you unlock the car, it wakes up and is normally able to communicate with the app after a few minutes. It kind of defeats the purpose of the app but after numerous visits to the dealership and countless support calls to Porsche connect, I am under the impression that they know of the issue and cannot resolve it so fob you off with lame excuses. I am used to it now and resigned to the level of support you get from Porsche.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi 2x morning running now with a hard frost and wanting to set climate/warm car and no connectivity from Porsche server to car (UK) is it just me or current
network issue? thanks

car.png
You can ignore the bottom right quadrant as its not needed unless you want to sync calendar appointments when in the car BUT the bottom left quadrant is key.

Your experience is my norm - I cannot rely on the car waking up and connecting (MY21) and so features like this become useless.

It may be the car's LTE is in a deep sleep, LTE signal is weak, connectivity to the Porsche service is down for whatever reason or some other random fault. If you regularly get a connection from the same location then it could be that the issue is cloud related.

PITA for sure.

P.S. The My Porsche App replaces Porsche Connect which is now on general release. You may want to uninstall and install the latest and "greatest" (note that you can't edit profiles but most of the other functions are available and have been added to).

David Bennett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf 8r
Country flag
Have you recently "upgraded" to the new MyPorsche app? I did over the weekend and lost comms to the car in the connect app. I deleted MyPorsche and hey presto I got connectivity back. I did get a warning from the MyPorsche app that having both it and connect installed could create problems.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Have you recently "upgraded" to the new MyPorsche app? I did over the weekend and lost comms to the car in the connect app. I deleted MyPorsche and hey presto I got connectivity back. I did get a warning from the MyPorsche app that having both it and connect installed could create problems.
Screenshot is from the old app.

Not sure if the conflict resides on iOS only - I've had both versions on my Android phone and iPad (iPAD OS) with no conflict. Always had connectivity issues and this hasn't improved at all. I now just have My Porsche which continues where the old app left off and rarely connects on demand (good LTE coverage).

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
Screenshot is from the old app.

Not sure if the conflict resides on iOS only - I've had both versions on my Android phone and iPad (iPAD OS) with no conflict. Always had connectivity issues and this hasn't improved at all. I now just have My Porsche which continues where the old app left off and rarely connects on demand (good LTE coverage).

I have the same, still running the old version: random connections even with good LTE. Do you mean there's no point in installing the new app? On the side would like your advise on the fact that each time that I leave the car for 2-3 days in an underground car park with no LTE, when I pick it up there s no way to get the PCM back into my account. I m forced to stay "guest" for a while (eg a day or so) and then it reconnects as me.

porcha

First Name
H.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I downloaded the new My Porsche app on Friday. Friday night - I had a charging error (it charged to 90% instead of the profile setting of 85%) - and since then have had no LTE service on both Monday and Tuesday mornings. No bluetooth either in car (are they related somehow?!). The My Porsche app showed the car in standby - which is strange. I have now just deleted this app and reinstalled the Connect app - let's see if this fixes it...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have the same, still running the old version: random connections even with good LTE. Do you mean there's no point in installing the new app? On the side would like your advise on the fact that each time that I leave the car for 2-3 days in an underground car park with no LTE, when I pick it up there s no way to get the PCM back into my account. I m forced to stay "guest" for a while (eg a day or so) and then it reconnects as me.
The new app (My Porsche) had further enhancements last week to make it a more complete offering when compared to the original Porsche Connect App. There are several additional / informational features that are new and didn't appear on the old but have always been available from the My Porsche website.

At this point there is probably little need to juggle both and for most features My Porsche App should now provide what you would use regularly. There are still a few gaps and you'd need to check the Porsche Ionity charging integration if you use it - it should be there but I never use it so not 100% certain. Timers and Profiles are available but currently you can only add a Profile and not edit it for example.

My go to is My Porsche website - all features are there but connectivity issues remain the same regardless.

Connectivity remains an issue but I don't think this is app related (or ever was) and more to do with the LTE module in the car which apparently can go into a deep sleep and takes some prodding to spring into life.

When I'm away from home I park -2 in an underground car park and invariably the car can go totally off grid and not re-connect when at street level. Rather than attempt to login I would park up, lock the car for 5 mins and then unlock and power on. This generally kick-starts the connection process and I'm back on line. Poor implementation I know but...

Give that a go and it may work for you.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
P.S. The My Porsche App replaces Porsche Connect which is now on general release. You may want to uninstall and install the latest and "greatest" (note that you can't edit profiles but most of the other functions are available and have been added to).
When you have downloaded the new MyPorsche app, do you still have the feature to start a charging session? I have seen he that some of the members have the possibility to see and find chargers. I do not hve that symbol and no chargers are showing up at all. And of course the possibility to scan a charger that was available in the Connect app is also gone. To me this is such a huge step backwards so I will reinstall the Connect app. If I can not start a charging session with my card, the fallback has been to use the app. But now without that it seems wrong. I know there was a message that you could not have both apps installed.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
When you have downloaded the new MyPorsche app, do you still have the feature to start a charging session? I have seen he that some of the members have the possibility to see and find chargers. I do not hve that symbol and no chargers are showing up at all. And of course the possibility to scan a charger that was available in the Connect app is also gone. To me this is such a huge step backwards so I will reinstall the Connect app. If I can not start a charging session with my card, the fallback has been to use the app. But now without that it seems wrong. I know there was a message that you could not have both apps installed.
That's why I highlighted it - not sure if it was EA America specific. You may not need it if you have the Taycan Charge Card. Try searching in the route chosen for a charger to see if more options open up to charge.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's why I highlighted it - not sure if it was EA America specific. You may not need it if you have the Taycan Charge Card. Try searching in the route chosen for a charger to see if more options open up to charge.
My issue is that my card does not work any longer. Second card that they have sent me nd it takes them about 2 to 3 weeks to provide a new card. No idea why and they have been investigating since September without any success. The card works for a couple of charges and then it is dead. Fed up with having to call smart mobility or Ionity to try to get a charge.
Porsche Taycan CONNECT APP network issues? 3B7F3E97-D993-42CD-AE9D-05C563192ACD

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Do you still need the card if you have Plug and Charge enabled given authentication is provided by the car?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you still need the card if you have Plug and Charge enabled given authentication is provided by the car?
Guess I do. My car is one of the earliest Taycan produced, and I have never seen Plug and Charge working. I don’t think that was available before 2021 cars?? I certainly have no settings in my car for this.

That is why both the card and the app have been used a lot.

Someone suggested using the Charge app instead. But I thought the Charge app was also rolled into the MyPorsche app??

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Guess I do. My car is one of the earliest Taycan produced, and I have never seen Plug and Charge working. I don’t think that was available before 2021 cars?? I certainly have no settings in my car for this.

That is why both the card and the app have been used a lot.

Someone suggested using the Charge app instead. But I thought the Charge app was also rolled into the MyPorsche app??
It was rolled in apparently. Guidance here:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/how-to-select-a-charger-in-myporsche-app.8808/#post-125794

It doesn't work on my UK version (Android) in that it doesn't show any chargers at all (and I know they exist) whereas in the old app it did (perhaps I need to re-install).

I reloaded the Porsche Connect app on iPad OS and all charging stations are available to see. If I do the same on My Porsche they don't display plus I can't navigate anywhere as it thinks a theft is in progress (!!!). Total pile of sh1te IMHO and should not be on release (UK at least).
Sponsored

Last edited: