Connect weirdness during service - car gone?

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
My car, which has been in for service since last Monday, seems to have been deleted from my Connect account, which is...weird. I received an email this morning that said it was "removed from my account" at 8:04am, that I need to "activate it", and that I should contact them immediately.

Of course, they're not open on Sunday. Can't contact them immediately...and the dealership isn't open today.

Has anyone else had this happen?
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I don't know porsche's procedures but tesla will take the car's connectivity off line while the car is in for service. they do this to prevent you from activating anything while they're servicing the car.

OP
OP

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
I don't know porsche's procedures but tesla will take the car's connectivity off line while the car is in for service. they do this to prevent you from activating anything while they're servicing the car.
So, interestingly, that wasn't the problem. What seems to have happened is that my user became the "secondary user" of the car, because during service something happened to my account that "split it" into two identical accounts.

Porsche had to recombine the accounts and I had to go back through registration, etc. Eventually, we got it to acknowledge I was the owner, and everything came back (had to re-process all the services...kinda nuts).

The only thing that isn't working is "Voice Control", which doesn't enable. It may have been because of lower cell signal in the area -- although login and services use that, and they came back -- but we couldn't get that operational, and I had to leave the car to get some work done (detector, etc). We'll see in 4 days whether it's working again...
Sponsored