amazing

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'99 540i, '20 Merc Sprinter 4x4, 21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I elected to spec with the standard charger, and am currently using a Grizzle-E level 2 charger. I can connect to the vehicle via the Porsche connect app and start timers or pre-heat/cool the vehicle, however the connection is being mediated through Porsche servers (see screenshot).

It's my understanding that at some point in the future the subscription to Porsche connect will expire, and I'll have no way to communicate with the vehicle unless it's connected to wifi. My garage is across the street from my residences and they are set up on different wifi with two unique routers.

The question I have is there are any solutions to connect to PCM services through the Porsche Connect app when the phone and car are on separate WiFi? Maybe there are some after market chargers (Juicebox, etc) that provide a solution? Or maybe it's possible to connect the car to the Wifi in the garage, and then ssh into the network from my phone? I think the subscription to Porsche connect services last for at least a few years so it's not an urgent matter, but I am curious if anyone has a similar issue, and actions they tried to resolve it.

Porsche Taycan Connection to Taycan PCM via WiFi IMG_9773
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Unless you live in Russia with a Russian spec car there is no way to connect the car to WiFi - nor is it necessary.

Porsche Connect is available for 3 years with a new car then renewable.

Also, you can connect with My Porsche web portal and perform the same and more tasks.

Connection to PCM is only available within the car itself and using its hotspot (you need to enable it) to connect your mobile device to it. It is therefore dependent on its own local network.

Connecting this way offers little other than calendar syncing.

Normally you can forget the bottom right quadrant exists as you'll never need it.

In summary I don't think you have a problem.