RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
any one experiencing vehicle connectivity issues in the UK this morning ? my car telling me no connection available?
Sponsored

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
I have that most of the time.?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
any one experiencing vehicle connectivity issues in the UK this morning ? my car telling me no connection available?
Age old problem - "Porsche Connect & Hope" - generally connectivity can't be relied on and impressed if this is the first time you've experienced it.

Retrying can force it but I don't think there was an outage to Porsche at least.

DLP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Turbo
Country flag
I did have the main screen displaying PORSCHE and the revolving blue thinking about it thing yesterday. It was fine this morning and it says an update, calendar I think, had been installed

OP
OP
RichardPB

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
Contacted Porsche support they confirmed some OTA tweaks and updates running for me this morning its all back now

porcha

First Name
H.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Definitely a bit off this morning - rebooted 2x by itself but then was fine. Could have been an OTA update?

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Mine last connected on 25/2/22. I can still send a location to the car for nav but can’t check the car status or preheat. A bit annoying. They are going to have a look at it next week at the dealer to see if they can sort it. I have tried everything I can think of (log out and back in from the car and the app, into privacy mode then back out, delete My Porsche app) but nothing will make it play ball.

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine last connected on 25/2/22. I can still send a location to the car for nav but can’t check the car status or preheat. A bit annoying. They are going to have a look at it next week at the dealer to see if they can sort it. I have tried everything I can think of (log out and back in from the car and the app, into privacy mode then back out, delete My Porsche app) but nothing will make it play ball.
My 2021 Taycan was in the Sheffield dealer for the WNA5 campaign today and I was asked to put the car into Workshop mode, but the new My Porsche app wouldn’t connect. I applied the mode anyway in the hope it would work and it was updated 5 mins later as I was walking away from the dealer to reflect the change. Oddly the range and location didn’t update from the time I had set off. When I looked again 2 hours later all the data had updated, but the app still wouldn’t connect.
On pick up still no connection even when the receptionist drove the car round to the front. She claimed that their workshop hadn’t had this before! She said that they had cars with no connection at all, but none with intermittent connection.
Concidentally another Taycan owner was sat waiting for his car and confirmed that his did the same. The receptionist was surprised.
Maybe owners cant be bothered to report connection issues.
A ticket has been raised…
I will report back.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
The new app seems to struggle to connect; the old app always seems to work much quicker and reliably on connecting. To me that says it’s an app or potentially backend if they use different systems there vs the car itself.

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The new app seems to struggle to connect; the old app always seems to work much quicker and reliably on connecting. To me that says it’s an app or potentially backend if they use different systems there vs the car itself.
Yes, maybe. However, the old app wouldn’t connect either. I did remove one and then install the other, so no interference, as has been reported elsewhere.
It was the reaction of the workshop that got me. “We’ve not seen this before sir”.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Both are equally unreliable and generally as much use as a chocolate teapot. I suspect it's a generic hardware issue that said and the LTE module being the primary culprit.

Don't understand why you would be asked to put your car in workshop mode in any event. This is part of PVTS+ and normally you'd leave the tracker fob in the car.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Both are equally unreliable and generally as much use as a chocolate teapot. I suspect it's a generic hardware issue that said and the LTE module being the primary culprit.

Don't understand why you would be asked to put your car in workshop mode in any event. This is part of PVTS+ and normally you'd leave the tracker fob in the car.
I’ve actually found the old app to be more consistent on being able to connect, and it connects faster. The new app is certainly as much use as an ashtray on a motorcycle.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I’ve actually found the old app to be more consistent on being able to connect, and it connects faster. The new app is certainly as much use as an ashtray on a motorcycle.
I have gone back to the old app too.

For me the new app was as useful as a waterproof teabag.

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
my friend has just taken delivery of a CT. The car has android auto (although no coloured icons) and his Porsche app works perfectly everytime......

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
My app worked perfectly every time. Right up until it stopped working. We will see if they can sort it when they have the car
Sponsored