oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Anyone have experience looking at this color in real life?

Photos of it looks different in different lights and I have not seen one face to face. Neither youtube-videos and photos seem to give me a clear idea of what to expect.
Sponsored

OP
OP
oalsaker

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Thanks, @Gogs, that helps a lot! How would you describe the color? off-white? grey? I have tried comparing it to Audi's nardo grey and it seems a little lighter?

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I would say it’s more grey than white, it’s a stunning colour. Not many crayon 911’s in my town and it always turned heads. Would definitely consider a crayon Taycan in the future.

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
I had a crayon 911. Here’s a few pics if that helps?

BA448867-7ABD-440E-9820-8F6E963CEA0E.jpeg

So now that you have a Taycan, is it in the garage or does Bob still take the prime stall?

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Anyone have experience looking at this color in real life?

Photos of it looks different in different lights and I have not seen one face to face. Neither youtube-videos and photos seem to give me a clear idea of what to expect.
I have seen it on a 911 and it is crazy cool looking. Not sure how it will look on a Taycan. When the car gets bigger, sometimes colors don’t look as good. For example Red on a Panamera looks off to me but great on a Taycan or 911. If you like a lighter color Chalk is the way to go. People will remember your Taycan.

Duc959

First Name
FR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
share.octopus.energy
Vehicles
RR Vogue Autobiography, Ducati Panigale V2
Country flag
I have seen it on a 911 and it is crazy cool looking. Not sure how it will look on a Taycan. When the car gets bigger, sometimes colors don’t look as good. For example Red on a Panamera looks off to me but great on a Taycan or 911. If you like a lighter color Chalk is the way to go. People will remember your Taycan.

My Dealer showed me the cars they had in the back and there was a Crayon panamera which made the panamera look amazing.

If you like the Taycan in white then Crayon will be even nicer. My only issue/uncertainty with crayon is the dull grey plastics on the car.

OP
OP
oalsaker

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
If you like the Taycan in white then Crayon will be even nicer. My only issue/uncertainty with crayon is the dull grey plastics on the car.
I looked at the options for the grey plastic and there nothing you can do unless you spec the sport design package in high gloss, which I am not interested in. If it bugs me in the future, I presume getting it covered or painted will be an option.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I looked at the options for the grey plastic and there nothing you can do unless you spec the sport design package in high gloss, which I am not interested in. If it bugs me in the future, I presume getting it covered or painted will be an option.
You won’t be able to cover it, paint would be an option they cover if you wanted.

Boblymm

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc
Country flag
When you ordered the Gloss Black wheels were you not tempted to have the full gloss black trims, I am just about to lock down my car in the next couple weeks and my two main sticking points are the wheels which you have and the sports design, I have not seen any cars with the sports front end but I am definitely thinking about it, do you think it was a good addition for your build

OP
OP
oalsaker

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
When you ordered the Gloss Black wheels were you not tempted to have the full gloss black trims
That's not my car in the profile picture, that's a car I tested for two days. I am getting the turbo wheels and I am not getting the sport package.

With that being said, if you can afford the sport design package and mission-e wheels painted in gloss black, it sounds excellent. I have seen several cars here with it and they look amazing.

OP
OP
oalsaker

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
You won’t be able to cover it, paint would be an option they cover if you wanted.
Yeah, it has a texture that can't be covered with a wrap, I presume. I think I save that issue until I have the car or whenever I can look at one again up close.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, I looked at getting the plastics sanded and painted but I decided to leave it as I couldn’t be bothered being without the car for an additional week. If your car is a darker colour you don’t really notice the black plastics. One thing I should have done was get the sports kit painted at factory. Regret that a bit.
Sponsored