D20PJR

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Turbo S
Country flag
So, ordered my Turbo S back on 11th December 2021 with an expected delivery of Q2 2022. At the time the only 'deal' the dealership would offer was a free rubber boot liner! 9 months on, although the car is built, it's stuck in Germany waiting a 12 volt battery apparently!

The dealership have agreed to some form of 'compensation', but suggesting that we don't discuss such until the car actually arrives, which makes sense. However, my question is, what should I expect??

Anyone been through a similar experience?

TIA
Sponsored

diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
same boat as you, original delivery date was 2 days ago..... BDAY gift for me ( tomorrow ) then moved to Sep Oct Nov then Dec but this morning moved back to 11/11

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
To be honest I am surprised you got a free boot liner and that they have agreed to discuss any sort of compensation. The waits are mostly >1 year, US dealers ar charging 10-20% over list price and most of us are happy to get anything more than a key ring. Good luck - and let us know the outcome!

xy911jk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
my question is, what should I expect??

TIA
Same situation here, and my car it's at the dealer already. For now I got a nice key-ring (photo attached). But my negotiation skills suck. I am monitoring this thread before trying again :)

Porsche Taycan Continued delivery delays 0EE55CD0-FF72-4DB2-9C7D-649544C0CD2A

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
To be honest I am surprised you got a free boot liner and that they have agreed to discuss any sort of compensation. The waits are mostly >1 year, US dealers ar charging 10-20% over list price and most of us are happy to get anything more than a key ring. Good luck - and let us know the outcome!
My good friend ordered his 4s CT last October for a July delivery. This moved to August and the week before delivery was advised it will now be January. No compensation, no temp car. He has the option to walk away with is deposit was how the dealer positioned it. Unreal!!!

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
To be fair I was told around 12 months fro delivery when I placed the order in November '21. so expectations were set from the outset and I'm not about to start sobbing...not just yet anyway 🙈

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
To be fair I was told around 12 months fro delivery when I placed the order in November '21. so expectations were set from the outset and I'm not about to start sobbing...not just yet anyway 🙈
Same here. Maybe it’s a UK thing, our dealers are ‘too’ honest and we’re also glass half empty, so we are all ready to think the worst. Mine told me Q3, but hedged it could be Q4 depending on delays.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
Same here. Maybe it’s a UK thing, our dealers are ‘too’ honest and we’re also glass half empty, so we are all ready to think the worst. Mine told me Q3, but hedged it could be Q4 depending on delays.
This is not just Porsche either. It's the whole shooting match at the moment. The bike in my avatar was supposed to be with me back in June. The dealer was invoiced for the bike by the factory, then told a week later it would be delayed until late September. I have twice the deposit laid out on that bike than the Porker. Welcome to shit happens.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
So, ordered my Turbo S back on 11th December 2021 with an expected delivery of Q2 2022. At the time the only 'deal' the dealership would offer was a free rubber boot liner! 9 months on, although the car is built, it's stuck in Germany waiting a 12 volt battery apparently!

The dealership have agreed to some form of 'compensation', but suggesting that we don't discuss such until the car actually arrives, which makes sense. However, my question is, what should I expect??

TIA
If you get more than a hot cup of coffee and a firm handshake on your way out the door, you are way ahead of the game. Dealer has little to no responsibility for the delay. I would take whatever they offer but would be careful to avoid ruining the experience with a less than satisfactory negotiation at time of delivery.

xy911jk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes, but: one thing is waiting for your car to be built. A different thing is knowing that it was built already, with a production date attached to the VIN, a model year getting older, summer tires you won't need until the next season, and a high voltage battery charged and sitting idle for months (the battery warranty, at list in my contract, requires the customer to take special care of it when you live the car "idle for more then 2 weeks").

At least I know that my car is stored in a garage and I can go and visit her whenever I want (like I did this morning) :)

Last edited:

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag

TIA
Here is what you should expect.

Below is the coffee machine.

Porsche Taycan Continued delivery delays 1662053383245

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
This is not just Porsche either. It's the whole shooting match at the moment. The bike in my avatar was supposed to be with me back in June. The dealer was invoiced for the bike by the factory, then told a week later it would be delayed until late September. I have twice the deposit laid out on that bike than the Porker. Welcome to shit happens.
TBH I could see the writing on the wall when I ordered (Jan), so I was accepting of the estimate and I’m totally unsurprised at the delays, foreseen or not. I’m happier that the SA was realistic than selling me some BS story and telling me I’d have it in Q2. But I do think the more ‘realistic’ approach from both sides may be a British thing

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag

TIA
I ordered my CT4S in July ‘21. It was finished built on 31st July and was supposed to be delivered to the dealer within 3 to 4 weeks but when I phoned to check progress, expecting a pick up date this week, I was told it was still in Germany awaiting the dreaded 12V battery.

Given the delay has nothing to do with the dealer, expecting them to compensate you for a delay which is costing them a lot of money is, at best, cheeky IMO.

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
Given the delay has nothing to do with the dealer, expecting them to compensate you for a delay which is costing them a lot of money is, at best, cheeky IMO.
True, which is why we should hound Porsche directly for free stuff. I have a feeling their response will be (German accent) "F*** you, vee ah Porsche!"

I did manage to secure winter mats from my dealer, though.

FredC057

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Fiat 500Ce, Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Now, you can’t ask anything anymore because they knew those type of delays can happen and they should have warned you and not put a fixed date on the contract.
For the people like me that ordered the car at the beginning and then some cars were half build and blocked in the plant while others were continuing to be shipped, it was a first for them and we had firm dates on our contracts.
So after couple of months delays, they offered a loaner, a Macan or if you didn’t need the loaner, something equivalent.
Some of us received expensive accessories like a bike rack, roof bars,…
Sponsored