Correct recommended tire pressure for original Continental 20-inch all-season tires?

tfurbay

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, BMW X5
Country flag
Can anyone advise what the correct recommended tire pressure is for the original Continental 20-inch all-season tires is? The My Porsche app indicates 33 psi on the front and back. The sticker on the inside of the driver's door indicates 36 on the front and 39 on the back. The tires only indicate 51 max psi. Nothing else.

Thanks.

Porsche Taycan Correct recommended tire pressure for original Continental 20-inch all-season tires? B1F97687-275A-4A0A-9F86-AB7110AD66CE

Porsche Taycan Correct recommended tire pressure for original Continental 20-inch all-season tires? 48758361-CAC7-4008-B187-5D1518724874

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I thought the pressures on the My Porsche app were actual ...

If your tire sizes are the same as the sticker, get cold pressures closer to the sticker for everyday driving. 33 psi all around is too low and you'll get uneven tread wear and will have to buy new tires sooner.

My 2022 RWD, which also came with all-season 20 inch Continentals, has slightly different psi numbers (but same kPa) as you can see in the photo.

Other folks with more expertise than me will hopefully chime in, too.
Porsche Taycan Correct recommended tire pressure for original Continental 20-inch all-season tires? PXL_20221004_232807130

Last edited:
OP
OP
tfurbay

tfurbay

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, BMW X5
Country flag
I thought the pressures on the My Porsche app were actual ...

If your tire sizes are the same as the sticker, get cold pressures closer to the sticker for everyday driving. 33 psi all around is too low and you'll get uneven tread wear and will have to buy new tires sooner.

My 2022 RWD, which also came with all-season 20 inch Continentals, has slightly different psi numbers (but same kPa) as you can see in the photo.

Other folks with more expertise than me will hopefully chime in, too.
PXL_20221004_232807130.jpg
You would think that Porsche would set the Tire Pressure Monitoring System in the PCM to the recommended PSI that came with the original tires. Was yours set the 33 all the way aground like mine?

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
The definitive information is under the Wheels and Tires section within the Technical Data appendices at the end of the manual. This provides more detail than the B-pillar sticker. You need to look up your model variant, then look for your wheel size and tire type, then read the columns for Partial Load vs Full Load.

Porsche Taycan Correct recommended tire pressure for original Continental 20-inch all-season tires? 1664932703250

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
You would think that Porsche would set the Tire Pressure Monitoring System in the PCM to the recommended PSI that came with the original tires. Was yours set the 33 all the way aground like mine?
I'm not aware of the feature you're describing, but then again I've never looked for it -- sorry ... I just check the tire pressures in the left tube on the dashboard.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
It is in the left tube on the drivers display.

You need to make sure that you have set the correct wheels and tyres in the PCM first.

Once you se that being correct, call up the tyre pressure after driving so that the system has activated. Now stop the car with the tyre pressure displayed, press the selector for the display and that will bring up the deviation from the correct pressure. In your case you would see - signs before the deviation. Now you know how much yo adjust your pressure. It is described in the manual in MyPorsche app under Tyre iinfo >pressure deviation.
Porsche Taycan Correct recommended tire pressure for original Continental 20-inch all-season tires? ADE75C55-907D-4E32-8658-CC1112DC5257

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I'm not aware of the feature you're describing, but then again I've never looked for it -- sorry ... I just check the tire pressures in the left tube on the dashboard.
The readings you are seeing are fed from the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (each tyre valve has a transmitter) (TPMS).

You should familiarise yourself with this in case you change your wheel size (e.g. winter wheels etc) so that TPMS monitors tyre pressures correctly.

Porsche Taycan Correct recommended tire pressure for original Continental 20-inch all-season tires? 1664961545319

Porsche Taycan Correct recommended tire pressure for original Continental 20-inch all-season tires? 1664961573267

Porsche Taycan Correct recommended tire pressure for original Continental 20-inch all-season tires? 1664961927045

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Can anyone advise what the correct recommended tire pressure is for the original Continental 20-inch all-season tires is? The My Porsche app indicates 33 psi on the front and back. The sticker on the inside of the driver's door indicates 36 on the front and 39 on the back. The tires only indicate 51 max psi. Nothing else.

Thanks.

B1F97687-275A-4A0A-9F86-AB7110AD66CE.png

48758361-CAC7-4008-B187-5D1518724874.jpeg
The original tyre pressure settings for your car as it left the factory is displayed on the plate attached to the lower side of the driver's door frame (black plate) and visible when the door is open. If you change rim size then you will have to refer to the owners manual as indicated by others.

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
The original tyre pressure settings for your car as it left the factory is displayed on the plate attached to the lower side of the driver's door frame (black plate) and visible when the door is open. If you change rim size then you will have to refer to the owners manual as indicated by others.
That’s where the confusion stems from. The door plate lists the full load pressure recommendation but the manual also lists a partial load recommendation and that’s what the pcm and left tube references (if you have the correct tire option selected).

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The definitive information is under the Wheels and Tires section within the Technical Data appendices at the end of the manual. This provides more detail than the B-pillar sticker. You need to look up your model variant, then look for your wheel size and tire type, then read the columns for Partial Load vs Full Load.
Was your information from My Porsche app?

Interesting that you can see this in your app! I just looked for information about this and it is missing in my MyPorsche app. My only guidance is the door plate but more important the PCM information about tyres and pressures. The only tyre pressure information I can read is gor the spare the (which I do not have at all)

Porsche Taycan Correct recommended tire pressure for original Continental 20-inch all-season tires? F3295F41-A80B-46E1-B48F-24BDF08E6E89

How ever I found a huge mistake in the manual when it came to torque values!

The recommended torque after changing tyres according to MyPorsche manual is 1600 Nm. I have no torque wrench that can do that! Should be 160 Nm.

Porsche Taycan Correct recommended tire pressure for original Continental 20-inch all-season tires? A342EA53-2976-41A8-9E1C-B81804DA030A

I wonder if the wheel bolts even could take such torque??

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
That’s where the confusion stems from. The door plate lists the full load pressure recommendation but the manual also lists a partial load recommendation and that’s what the pcm and left tube references (if you have the correct tire option selected).
Ah, the confusion is apparent now. My PCM, which was uPdated last week, only shows the cold partial load (33 psi front and 35 psi rear). Porsche was technically right to refer us to the manual, but it's not a best practice to list partial on the PCM and full on the door plate because that leaves some of us guessing what underpins the calculations of pressure differences.
Porsche Taycan Correct recommended tire pressure for original Continental 20-inch all-season tires? 1665014839494409659154013301583

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Was your information from My Porsche app?
How ever I found a huge mistake in the manual when it came to torque values!

Interesting that you can see this in your app! I just looked for information about this and it is missing in my MyPorsche app.
Yes my screenshot was from the dynamically updated digital manual within the My Porsche app. That used to be available via the separate (now discontinued) Good To Know app. It is the same information found towards the end of the printed manual.

I just check back and there seems to be a navigation bug if you tap on ‘Technical Data’ within the Chapter Overview. Workaround options: 1) Search for ‘Technical Data’ and navigate from the search results. 2) Revert to the printed manual.

So many questions here can be answered by a thorough RTFM :)

Last edited:

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes my screenshot was from the dynamically updated digital manual within the My Porsche app. That used to be available via the separate (now discontinued) Good To Know app. It is the same information found towards the end of the printed manual.

I just check back and there seems to be a navigation bug if you tap on ‘Technical Data’ within the Chapter Overview. Workaround options: 1) Search for ‘Technical Data’ and navigate from the search results. 2) Revert to the printed manual.

So many questions here can be answered by a thorough RTFM :)
The information is not there in the MyPorsche manual nor in my printed manual, Reason could be that it varies with country, region and/or MY? I have two printed manuals, one in french and one in english, but no info apart from the plaque in the car as well as the PCM info.

MyPorsche info only gives tyre pressure for the Spare wheel, which I do not have!
Porsche Taycan Correct recommended tire pressure for original Continental 20-inch all-season tires? 8C5E3790-D01D-4D94-A9DC-53B3AF329DBC
Porsche Taycan Correct recommended tire pressure for original Continental 20-inch all-season tires? FBC8758C-BF87-4F25-AEC3-EF343446394E