Rayo2703

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If you dont spec the Porsche Logo LED courtesy lights do you get courtesy lights as standard? (I have soecced ambient lighting)
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rayo2703

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I know that you get lights under the wing mirrors but do you also get exit courtesy lights under the doors when you open them as standard?

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
@Rayo2703 Sorry for the confusion but I need to correct myself. Just noticed that there are white courtesy lights under each door as standard if you do not order the ones that project PORSCHE on the ground.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@Rayo2703 Sorry for the confusion but I need to correct myself. Just noticed that there are white courtesy lights under each door as standard if you do not order the ones that project PORSCHE on the ground.
The standard courtesy lights project from the door mirrors. The optional projector lights are installed in the bottom of all four doors. Since the rear doors are distant from the front door mirrors, you won't get much courtesy lighting there without the optional projectors.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
@Genau Nope. I do not have the "PORSCHE" projectors and my Taycan 4S has 6 courtesy lights. 2 in the mirrors and one at the bottom of each door.
Yup, same here on my US spec 4S. I did not order the Porsche projector lights but there are puddle lamps under all 4 doors as well as lights under the mirrors.

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Yup, same here on my US spec 4S. I did not order the Porsche projector lights but there are puddle lamps under all 4 doors as well as lights under the mirrors.
Ahh man. I had trouble figuring out if that was the case or not, so ended up going with the Porsche puddle lights to make sure there was good visibility of the ground getting out, as I live in a more rural (and rainy) area…even though I personally find projecting the logo pretty corny and unimpressive …now I realize I could have skipped it! Poor research on my part I suppose! ??‍♂

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
Ahh man. I had trouble figuring out if that was the case or not, so ended up going with the Porsche puddle lights to make sure there was good visibility of the ground getting out, as I live in a more rural (and rainy) area…even though I personally find projecting the logo pretty corny and unimpressive …now I realize I could have skipped it! Poor research on my part I suppose! ??‍♂
Not really your fault. Before posting above I double checked standard features on the website and there is no mention that I could find there of puddle lamps. AFAIK puddle lamps aren't referenced anywhere except with the projectors. Kind of sneaky on Porsche's part, IMO.

I didn't want to pay for that option so I passed and ended up being lucky that the basic lamps were included as standard. Unless one specifically thought to check on a test drive one would never know.

Last edited:

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Not really your fault. Before posting above I double checked standard features on the website and there is no mention that I could find there of puddle lamps. AFAIK puddle lamps aren't referenced anywhere except with the projectors. Kind of sneaky on Porsche's part, IMO.

I didn't want to pay for that option so I passed and ended up being lucky that were included as standard. Unless one specifically thought to check on a test drive one would never know.
Thanks, Mike. Sneaky indeed. ?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Under door courtesy lights are only if you have "ambient light".
Otherwise, you are getting only lights under mirrors.
(Edit: maybe 4S has different standards, I have base CT4.)
I didn't select ambient light, since I prefer dark in the cabin, but I'm missing more lights outside, when exiting the car.... my bad, my mistake... dealer didn't warn me...

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
Under door courtesy lights are only if you have "ambient light".
Otherwise, you are getting only lights under mirrors.
Who buys a car without ambient light? ???

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Who buys a car without ambient light? ???
Me :giggle: :angel: .
As I said: I don't like "lightshow" in the cabin during night drive.... when it's daylight, no need for.
In my previous cars, I always set that as low as possible... but I didn't know that exteriror under door lights are part of interiror ambient lights...
As I said, my mistake and it's not possible to add them later, so I'll have to live with that (#1st world) problem ;)