GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I'm surrounded by rich folk on here haha Listening to all the cars you have had must be minted!! Best Car i've ever owned was an CLA45
Sponsored

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
I'm surrounded by rich folk on here haha Listening to all the cars you have had must be minted!! Best Car i've ever owned was an CLA45
My best was my 911 targa 4s as I’m always worried about the money these cars can lose, but I’m very fortunate that i normally have One of my business partners Aston Martin or Bentleys as they sit around doing nothing most of the time

its great for me as my only cost is fuel

dan

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Not sure about rich but more like spendthrift lol

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
My best was my 911 targa 4s as I’m always worried about the money these cars can lose, but I’m very fortunate that i normally have One of my business partners Aston Martin or Bentleys as they sit around doing nothing most of the time

its great for me as my only cost is fuel

dan
If you guys need another partner post lockdown give me a shout haha where did ya find such a kind and generous partner :D

tk23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mclaren 600LT. Porsche macan gts. Porsche 964 C4. Volvo xc90
Country flag
Mclarens are nothing but trouble...join the Facebook Mclaren Owners group and you may change your mind Dan. The 720s at £130k seems immense value too!
I’ve owned 2 McLarens and never had a single problem. Their reputation is definitely soured by a vocal internet minority. Best driving cars I’ve ever been in. They are definitely not a daily driver like a 911 could be but every drive is an experience. I had a 991 turbo that I loved. Never realized how heavy it felt until I got in a McLaren. Just a different experience. The problem with McLaren is they always keep coming out with new and better models. It kills the resale. Combine that with expensive maintenance and they are not a value proposition. Getting one used at a discount would be worth it though.

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I’ve owned 2 McLarens and never had a single problem. Their reputation is definitely soured by a vocal internet minority. Best driving cars I’ve ever been in. They are definitely not a daily driver like a 911 could be but every drive is an experience. I had a 991 turbo that I loved. Never realized how heavy it felt until I got in a McLaren. Just a different experience. The problem with McLaren is they always keep coming out with new and better models. It kills the resale. Combine that with expensive maintenance and they are not a value proposition. Getting one used at a discount would be worth it though.
Maybe you have been lucky or they make the LHD versions better :D

I have a HUGE community of Supercar owner friends and many have had Mclarens but pretty much all have reported serious issues and some could have been real safety issues too. You may have been a lucky one. But you are right, the amount of car for the money is insane. I have a keen eye on a 720S and if they drop to a point where it would be rude not to buy one I may well do!

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
From a UK perspective, does anyone know the legalities on cancelling an order that has not been delivered?

My car was jue Jan then Feb, March then April and no idea when it will arrive.

Apparently it's built but could be 4, 6, 10 weeks until it's actually delivered, both the dealership and Porsche UK can't provide a single update until they return to the office at the end of the lockdown.

My dealer just gives a standard response of that it's nobody's fault and deliveries will resume post crisis but like so many people I'm judging the wisdom of buying the 1.0 version at the moment.

Anyone cancelled in the UK and have experience?

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
I imagine the dealership would keep your deposit and stick it on the forecourt to be honest?

If you’ve got a decent relationship with them, they you could maybe bargain your deposit off another car

Silverback

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Model 3 Perf.
Country flag
From a UK perspective, does anyone know the legalities on cancelling an order that has not been delivered?

Apparently it's built but could be 4, 6, 10 weeks until it's actually delivered, both the dealership and Porsche UK can't provide a single update until they return to the office at the end of the lockdown.

My dealer just gives a standard response of that it's nobody's fault and deliveries will resume post crisis but like so many people I'm judging the wisdom of buying the 1.0 version at the moment.

I placed an order this morning (not direct but through Arval) and I asked about cancellation, basically I was told it was down to the discretion of the dealer (post build slot), if they can easily re-sell it, i.e. has not been specced up to the eyeballs and it is not in an unusual colour then they usually would not charge. Given the waiting list it is something worth negotiating on. I know other makes would refund the deposit, but not had the experience with Porsche.

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
Will likely be cancelling too given the current situation and am also half way through build with obviously no idea when delivery will be. Will contact my dealer when they are back and see what the response is.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag

I’ve had a similar discussion with my dealership and they have said if I cancel before the build is locked in then they would refund my deposit as they would give my build slot to the next person on the list

If I cancelled after my build was locked on they would them give me my deposit back once they sold the car onto another customer which could be before or after the car is delivered

As someone mentioned above regards spec, my dealer has offered to return the deposit as I have Optioned he car well
If it was a poor colour choice etc you may not get the same luck

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I know a couple of people who have cancelled due to Covid-19 with cars post spec locked and in build - they got their money back. Porsche are being pragmatic right now. They obviously think they can sell them on easily so will refund the money if you ask nicely and explain the situation, good luck. The spec discussion is correct. One of the lads had a Mamba Green Turbo cancelled and was told the can have his £5k back if the car sells at list!

Jdqt458

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
I know a couple of people who have cancelled due to Covid-19 with cars post spec locked and in build - they got their money back. Porsche are being pragmatic right now. They obviously think they can sell them on easily so will refund the money if you ask nicely and explain the situation, good luck. The spec discussion is correct. One of the lads had a Mamba Green Turbo cancelled and was told the can have his £5k back if the car sells at list!
Correct — but I would suggest if you are intending to cancel — get it done sooner than later .
As TAYC4N confirmed they have staff in who are presently refunding deposits .
However when they reopen it could be a different story and more difficult.

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Yes all Porsche centre websites have a contact email address for during closures. I would email them ASAP if you are deffo cancelling.

Cjohnston2805

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I placed an order this morning (not direct but through Arval) and I asked about cancellation, basically I was told it was down to the discretion of the dealer (post build slot), if they can easily re-sell it, i.e. has not been specced up to the eyeballs and it is not in an unusual colour then they usually would not charge. Given the waiting list it is something worth negotiating on. I know other makes would refund the deposit, but not had the experience with Porsche.
Hi what sort of delivery did Arval give you? I ordered one a couple of months ago but had no indication when delivery would be. Thanks
Sponsored