GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I started this thread and I tell you one thing, If I had cancelled and not taken delivery of this car I would be kicking myself!

If you can afford to buy it given the recession etc then please do. I appreciate many will no longer be able to buy the car now but I do sincerely hope the world economies bounce back in good time like they always have done.

This is a very very special car indeed.
Lucky i kinda convinced you to keep it mate :) Glad it's living up to the hype!
Sponsored

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Lucky i kinda convinced you to keep it mate :) Glad it's living up to the hype!
When’s your Turbo S arriving mate?
have you cancelled your 4S and `turbo yet

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I'm guessing lots of people did cancel worldwide, because I ended up getting a July build slot, and I didn't expect anything to open up from Bay Area dealers until next spring.

Seems there's a lot of launch/early models sitting on lots here too, many with the same specs. I think there's probably deals to be made if you want a Turbo with stock-colored Mission-E wheels, or with the stock Turbo wheels.

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When’s your Turbo S arriving mate?
have you cancelled your 4S and `turbo yet
Hi Dan. All cancelled and refunds back. Hoping to get it on the 27th June, they are just waiting for a replcement showroom 4S to turn up.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Hi Dan. All cancelled and refunds back. Hoping to get it on the 27th June, they are just waiting for a replcement showroom 4S to turn up.
Was it a showroom Turbo S you have bought or cancelled order?

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Was it a showroom Turbo S you have bought or cancelled order?
It was supposed to be their showroom car, They told me they had a turbo and then it vanished so the big boss agreed to sell me the Turbo S that's on route. They don't want a Turbo S in the Showroom, prefer a 4S or Turbo so letting it go to me.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It was supposed to be their showroom car, They told me they had a turbo and then it vanished so the big boss agreed to sell me the Turbo S that's on route. They don't want a Turbo S in the Showroom, prefer a 4S or Turbo so letting it go to me.
Nice mate, which dealership did you end up going through?
i was thinking about a Turbo S but then changed my mind as a Turbo will be more than enough for me

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice mate, which dealership did you end up going through?
i was thinking about a Turbo S but then changed my mind as a Turbo will be more than enough for me
West London, the PCP was exactly the same as my Turbo would have been!

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
that's a no brainer then mate
A no Brainer if one is planning to keep the car for the full PCP term. It could be painful coming out early on a £150k car than a £100k (4S) or £125k (Turbo) car?

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A no Brainer if one is planning to keep the car for the full PCP term. It could be painful coming out early on a £150k car than a £100k (4S) or £125k (Turbo) car?
but it could be painful for any model if you wanted to get rid of early, the Turbo S will have better residual (as more limited in production) and also has more equipment as standard than the other models.

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
but it could be painful for any model if you wanted to get rid of early, the Turbo S will have better residual (as more limited in production) and also has more equipment as standard than the other models.
Indeed but not many people will be around in this climate to buy a £150k+ car (and that too privately and not getting the WDA and tax reliefs being a used car). On the other hand a £100k would be slightly easier to shift in the short term if one had to without taking a big bath.

Don't get me wrong, the Turbo S is the "one to have and the pick of the bunch" obviously but not for the short term - for a longer term it makes sense as the PCP payments make sense over a Turbo. But then again a Turbo PCP payments make sense over a 4S lol - at the end of the day it's horses for courses and hence the choice we have and comes down to what we need from the car.

Seriously though, after spending all weekend launch controlling my 4S I really don't think I could live with the power of a Turbo S on a daily basis :D

By Sunday night all the family were complaining of neck pain and whiplash :CWL: Any of them will be magnificent!

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Indeed but not many people will be around in this climate to buy a £150k+ car (and that too privately and not getting the WDA and tax reliefs being a used car). On the other hand a £100k would be slightly easier to shift in the short term if one had to without taking a big bath.

Don't get me wrong, the Turbo S is the "one to have and the pick of the bunch" obviously but not for the short term - for a longer term it makes sense as the PCP payments make sense over a Turbo. But then again a Turbo PCP payments make sense over a 4S lol - at the end of the day it's horses for courses and hence the choice we have and comes down to what we need from the car.

Seriously though, after spending all weekend launch controlling my 4S I really don't think I could live with the power of a Turbo S on a daily basis :D

By Sunday night all the family were complaining of neck pain and whiplash :CWL: Any of them will be magnificent!
Just to say that if you are buying this car through your limited company, the higher the value the better. The total value of the purchase is offset against profits:

£100k = Best Corp tax offset is £19k

£150k = Best Corp Tax Offset is £28.5k

Yes PCP Payments are more etc, but thats all based on spec, miles, term blah blah. The more options you add to a 4S the less it makes sense on PC vs Turbo/S. If you are happy with a 4S at around £100 - £105k then stay there is my advise. Any higher and it doesn't work

Clearly it depends on profit in business etc but straight away there is almost a £10k benefit of the Turbo S. BIK at 1% 4S = £100 a Month vs £150 Turbo s so only £600 on year 2.

Then as Dan has said, Residuals are 4S £47.3k roughly, Turbo S = £78k = £31k difference. Then you add in the options and rarity of a Turbo S vs a 4S will increase the value.

Then anyone buying a Taycan in UK PCP and only intends keeping the car for 2 - 3 years then all i can say is I hope you like taking a massive hit to buy yourself out of PCP. PCP only makes sense if you keep it for as close to the full term as possible, otherwise you take a big hit or you put in a big deposit (again that's counter productive for PCP).

As for the power, all 3 are amazing. Will i be driving it like a complete tool to it's full potential.... Ofc not, unless you track day the car. I went for the Turbo/S based on talking to Dan and all the points I have laid out above.

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Please factor in your Driving Licence in to this equation too Gary :D

These things are so rapid that you blink and you are over the speed limit :swear:
Sponsored