TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
With the complete mess this world is currently in and with no sign of when things will get better I know a lot of people who are really apprehensive buying such expensive metal at this time. If you are still to take delivery are you contemplating cancelling your order at all?
Sponsored

Sport Mode

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S P100D, Range Rover SVR, Porsche 4S, De Tomaso Pantera
Country flag
I will not be canceling my order. My Turbo S had a June build pre-shutdown so we will have to wait to see what the new date is after the factory restarts production.

GRUNIQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTI, GT3 RS, Macan S, Z1
Country flag
Wie ist die Situation einer Stornierung? Ist es überhaupt möglich?

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Anyone can cancel up to and before delivery. If your build is locked you lose your deposit.

My car will be at the dealer next week..no cancellation for me but I would lie if I said I am not worried about the situation.

However, YOLO!

Last edited:

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
This is interesting! For a car like the Taycan where there may not many many more manufactured for the next 3-6 months it may well make the car even more desirable once we come out of this Covid-19 mess!? It was a rare beast even before the virus started with lead times of 6-9 months for new orders!

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/c...-soar-as-coronavirus-hits-new-car-production/

Quote:
King said: “The outbreak will particularly reinforce the attractiveness of models that are subject to long delays and deliveries, with a positive impact on their values.”

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
This is interesting! For a car like the Taycan where there may not many many more manufactured for the next 3-6 months it may well make the car even more desirable once we come out of this Covid-19 mess!? It was a rare beast even before the virus started with lead times of 6-9 months for new orders!

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/c...-soar-as-coronavirus-hits-new-car-production/

Quote:
King said: “The outbreak will particularly reinforce the attractiveness of models that are subject to long delays and deliveries, with a positive impact on their values.”
Funny.
The Turbo S is rare at it's 20% rate in comparison to the Turbo and 4S orders.
So now the Taycan in general gets rare?
Oh boy, I ordered a Turbo S that WAS going into production in three weeks...
Now what?
Fascinating times...

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Yes your Turbo S is extremely rare compared to a meagre 4S but here in the UK if you made an enquiry with a dealer to buy a 4S around a month ago they quoted a delivery time of October 20 to Jan 21. Now with the factory closure I’m sure those dates will shift significantly.
Will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Yes your Turbo S is extremely rare compared to a meagre 4S but here in the UK if you made an enquiry with a dealer to buy a 4S around a month ago they quoted a delivery time of October 20 to Jan 21. Now with the factory closure I’m sure those dates will shift significantly.
It's kind of frustrating that 4Ss are delivered even if ordered in September WITHOUT having put down a deposit two years ago...
And now this stupid virus thing.
Man, I'm so pissed right now but hé, what can you do than just wait...?

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Understand your pain. If it helps there are hardly any TurboS available here either!

Reactions: Dee

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Hello there!

My personal advice is to stick with the order and buy the thing, if at all financially possible. The car is so extremely satisfying that it provides an instant counterpoint to the grim other realities.

Cheers and immer Strom geben,
Henrik

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I can understand orders being cancelled or questioned at this point.
We are talking about a $100K plus car here, and yes, a lot has changed. I remember when I bought my M5 V10 many years ago, and I was resolved not to get the car unless my first company went public. I do think there will be a lot of cancellations based on the upcoming economy.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Was looking for an EV DD that handled like an ICE Porsche (or at least a BMW). Taycan is still the only game in town for that. I like a lot of things about Tesla, but the handling makes me unhappy. driven them a bunch, lots of respect, I just can’t live like that every day. So here I am.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Was looking for an EV DD that handled like an ICE Porsche (or at least a BMW). Taycan is still the only game in town for that. I like a lot of things about Tesla, but the handling makes me unhappy. driven them a bunch, lots of respect, I just can’t live like that every day. So here I am.
I just drove with my ms90d to my Porsche dealer to check out their showroom Taycan. This car is the future!

As for the ms90d, it is not just the poor handling, it is not just how cheap the interior feels, it is not how frustrating the user experience is, it is not the endless list of quality problems over time, it is the total package which does not match. It is made by people who really have NO experience in the car industry.
Sponsored