Are you cancelling due to Covid-19

• Total voters

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Yes, they need to keep deliveries going otherwise people won’t take the car after it’s been sat there for 3 months.

Every one of thee vehicles is totally customised and worth £100k so they need to shift them if they are ready to go.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Let's see - will be clear in the next few days as many were due delivery within the next 2 weeks including myself. My sales guy has been laid off for the entire 6 week period and has no access to emails. The sales manager I spoke to is in tomorrow and then also out of office. I can't see them making deliveries if there is no staff in!

Here is the out of office I got just now when I asked how Sytner will be making deliveries!

Thank you for your email.

Given the ongoing situation regarding Coronavirus, to ensure the wellbeing of all our staff and customers Porsche Centre Hatfield is currently closed until further notice.

During this time I have no access to my emails. If your query is urgent please contact [email protected] and one of my colleagues will reply.

In the meantime, you can keep up to date with the status of our Porsche Centre closure through our social media channels and our Centre website, where we will continue to bring you all the news from Porsche.

We hope you stay safe and well in these challenging times.

All the best

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
I'm fortunate that my Turbo has been delayed a few times in the last few weeks and the last i heard my build freeze was mid April so I have a bit of time to decide to cancel and get my deposit back

as others have said spending over 130k on a car when we have no idea what’s going to happen financially to our businesses is a big decision

dfh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GTS 4 Cabriolet, Jaguar iPace
Country flag
Went to Porsche Guildford this am to collect my 911 trade in which we hadnt closed on - meant to have happened on Monday :( Am told that my Taycan made it to Reading last night for delivery by Friday, but they cant deliver as nobody to register and prep cars. So i think@TAYC4N is right - nothing till May in the UK at the very least. They had one registered 4S demonstrator in the lot - wonder who gets to take it home for April?

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
There is a chap on the Taycan Facebook group who took delivery of a Carmine Red Turbo on Monday! Apart from him I dont think anyone has the car yet here in the UK

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Lovely! Enjoy in good health.

Would be interesting if anyone taken deliveries have any issues - how will these be resolved with the dealers closed. Did you ask?

Jdqt458

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
YES- canceled last week more for the reason of late delivery for a 2020 car and will wait an order a 2021 when I am sure all "bugs" are fixed.
Maybe a good move however a friend with a Taycan on order checked last week with his dealership on the current pricing on his Panamera .
Due to the current crisis— It had gone down £20k since his last check . — previous month .
This I am sure will have some bearing on future sales unless of course Porsche are prepared to decrease the Taycan by £20k — you must be joking.

hox1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla X, 2016 Tesla S, 2020 Taycan 4S Dolomite Silver
Country flag
The ship with my 4S arrived in Jacksonville about an hour ago and should be offloaded by tomorrow. Hoping it doesn’t get held there for too long. Definitely keeping my order!
How are you following your build and delivery schedule? My dealer hasn't told me how to do that.

Thanks!

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I'm fortunate that my Turbo has been delayed a few times in the last few weeks and the last i heard my build freeze was mid April so I have a bit of time to decide to cancel and get my deposit back

as others have said spending over 130k on a car when we have no idea what’s going to happen financially to our businesses is a big decision
Are you thinking of cancelling then ? Not sure what to do now with all this happening in the world. I was originally planned for a sept car!

Riksche

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Boxster GTS
Country flag
How are you following your build and delivery schedule? My dealer hasn't told me how to do that.

Thanks!
Ask him/her to give you the summary like I attached from their order tracking system.. Once the car leaves Emden, he should be able to give the ship name and you can track that using the Marine Traffic app.

Attachments

hox1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla X, 2016 Tesla S, 2020 Taycan 4S Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Ask him/her to give you the summary like I attached from their order tracking system.. Once the car leaves Emden, he should be able to give the ship name and you can track that using the Marine Traffic app.
Perfect. Thanks for the info.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Was looking for an EV DD that handled like an ICE Porsche (or at least a BMW). Taycan is still the only game in town for that. I like a lot of things about Tesla, but the handling makes me unhappy. driven them a bunch, lots of respect, I just can’t live like that every day. So here I am.
You have echoed my feeling exactly.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Are you thinking of cancelling then ? Not sure what to do now with all this happening in the world. I was originally planned for a sept car!

Not at the moment pal
my current plan is to see what Porsche are doing regards manufacturing, it’s obviously going to be for longer than 2 weeks.

my build freeze is currently mid April so that gives me another 3-4 weeks before i potentially lose my deposit, but if the factory is closed for longer that gives me more time to evaluate what the right thing to do is for me, if the factory is closed for 6 weeks then my build freeze would be mid may and delivery in Aug/Sept by then things will be clearer

it will be hard visiting clients in a recession with a 130k car!!!!!!!! So its a tough decision
made a lot harder when the cars I’m looking of getting rid are worth a lot less than a couple of weeks ago

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
It's going to be several weeks more before the factory opens up, and the rest of the world will be operating at 50% capacity, so figure you add at least a couple months to your delivery. My Turbo S is August 20, so I'm figuring mid-late October. That is when the next flu season starts, we will not have a Covid-19 vaccine, and we'll have to go through basically the same (but much better planned) scenario again. Given the demand for this car, and the severely diminished manufacturing and distribution capacity for the next year or so, I would not give up your place in line if you want this car in the next few years.
Sponsored