Covid-19 - are you cancelling?

Are you cancelling due to Covid-19

• Total voters

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's going to be several weeks more before the factory opens up, and the rest of the world will be operating at 50% capacity, so figure you add at least a couple months to your delivery. My Turbo S is August 20, so I'm figuring mid-late October. That is when the next flu season starts, we will not have a Covid-19 vaccine, and we'll have to go through basically the same (but much better planned) scenario again. Given the demand for this car, and the severely diminished manufacturing and distribution capacity for the next year or so, I would not give up your place in line if you want this car in the next few years.
yeah. there are plenty of reasons to consolidate financially and if you must, you must. No car is worth anxiety in what is a slow motion catastrophe. But if this isn’t a problem, supply is going to be severely constrained for at least a year. if you drop off the list it may well take another 18-24 months beyond the current delays.
Sponsored

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
My dealer have been pretty good and they have said they are more than happy to take the car for stock and then I can have a later build slot

I think the decision for me is less of a financial one and more morally

the delays my car has had since ordering have been frustrating but now it’s a massive relief

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My dealer have been pretty good and they have said they are more than happy to take the car for stock and then I can have a later build slot

I think the decision for me is less of a financial one and more morally

the delays my car has had since ordering have been frustrating but now it’s a massive relief
Mate, depending on what happens we could talk and swap build slots. That's an option or we both might end up cancelling :( these are unprecedented times we are all facing. The biggest plus right now is the worlds pollution is the best in decades

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Mate, depending on what happens we could talk and swap build slots. That's an option or we both might end up cancelling :( these are unprecedented times we are all facing. The biggest plus right now is the worlds pollution is the best in decades
I actually discussed this yesterday pal and I was told it is straightforward

I’ll let you know if that’s what I decide

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
My car came out of manufacturing last week but is now sat in a compound at the factory.

No idea of when it will be turned up and I'm honestly not bothered based on everything else happening.

The one thing I have asked and had radio silence on is what happens if these vehicles that are sat there and won't turn up for potentially months, are customers just expected to take an 'old' vehicle or can you reorder and get the new version/options that should be available in H2

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
My car came out of manufacturing last week but is now sat in a compound at the factory.

No idea of when it will be turned up and I'm honestly not bothered based on everything else happening.

The one thing I have asked and had radio silence on is what happens if these vehicles that are sat there and won't turn up for potentially months, are customers just expected to take an 'old' vehicle or can you reorder and get the new version/options that should be available in H2
I'm in the same boat as you. Sat there not knowing what's next. Will just have to see how this pans out now but I think there will be a huge amount of cancellations due to people taking major hits on business. no matter how rare the car may be for the next 12 months or so.

The majority of buyers of this car in the UK were company owners taking benefit of the tax breaks on an electric car but many of those people will now have to revisit if it's worth spending £1000+ per month on a car even though there are tax incentives. After all as they say cash is king and even more so in such times.

I am now 50 50 - let's see...

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN TURBO in production - (Tesla S-SOLD), Cayenne, MB 300 SUV
Country flag
This is very timely.

here’s an interesting question. Let’s say my car is delayed until 3rd or 4th quarter when they are rolling out a 2021
Version. What would that look like? These times truly are novel.
That is the main reason I cancelled my car....I don't want a 2020 TURBO in the fall.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That is the main reason I cancelled my car....I don't want a 2020 TURBO in the fall.
I don’t see this being an issue as car companies will not be rushing out facelift/upgrade models anytime soon!
the car industry will be in an odd place for a while, demand will fall drastically BUT so will supply as the factorys will take a while to ramp up production due to parts and staff shortages

used prices in the UK have fallen sharply in the last 2 weeks and most cars seem to have lost upto 25% But i expect the prices will start to rise a little in the coming months

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is your car in the compound in Illingen?
My car went there on the 17th and the scheduled showed it would be there for a month before going to Emden where it waits for another 2 weeks for a boat.

Please share if you learn anything. On the one hand sitting in a compound for a month isn't that different from sitting on a dealer lot for a month and the world is a bit crazy right now, on the other hand, it is just sitting there which makes it feel odd as a "new" car.

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
I can see your point, I don't want to wait. In fact my car is close to getting to the dealer but will have to wait until the governor reopens businesses that are considered non essential. Really doesn't matter for a few weeks anyway since I either caught the flu or this virus. 4 days so far of isolation while my head pounds, my throat is scratchy, used to do an hour of high intensity spin class but legs get tired now on a few house steps. So I definitely have something but as long as my breathing is ok and fever does not get over 101 I am to stay put. Rather be home than the hospital right now anyway. Interesting times indeed , so far I have been lucky. Feels like a massive hangover. Could be the flu they are not sure nor do they care because right now treatment is the same. Rest , lots of water and watch my fever.
Get better then pick up my Taycan is the plan !

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I can see your point, I don't want to wait. In fact my car is close to getting to the dealer but will have to wait until the governor reopens businesses that are considered non essential. Really doesn't matter for a few weeks anyway since I either caught the flu or this virus. 4 days so far of isolation while my head pounds, my throat is scratchy, used to do an hour of high intensity spin class but legs get tired now on a few house steps. So I definitely have something but as long as my breathing is ok and fever does not get over 101 I am to stay put. Rather be home than the hospital right now anyway. Interesting times indeed , so far I have been lucky. Feels like a massive hangover. Could be the flu they are not sure nor do they care because right now treatment is the same. Rest , lots of water and watch my fever.
Get better then pick up my Taycan is the plan !
I'm in the same boat, but I recovered. I had either Corona or the flu, hard to say. I was very sick for a week. Now that I'm better, I hope it was corona! I'm looking forward to getting the car when it comes, still wondering when that might be.

jkjjpc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 BMW X5 40i, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I cancelled my 4S order. The lock date for the configuration was planned for 4/2 and the delivery date was scheduled for early July. The dealer was most gracious in returning my 10% deposit. My main reasons were the uncertainty of the impact of the financial "hit" from the COVID-19 pandemic and the uncertainty of when the car would be delivered. My current lease ends in June and, at least based on current BMWFS rules, cannot be further extended without a pending order for a BMW. While we could afford the 4S, the price was more than double what we have ever paid for a new car, so it was clearly a splurge and a "reward," not a "necessary" expense in the face of the real potential for a global recession or even a global depression. I will wait on the sidelines to see how things shake out. I can always return to the market for a Taycan in the future. For now, I plan to conserve the cash and find another option to replace my current car.

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
I'm in the same boat, but I recovered. I had either Corona or the flu, hard to say. I was very sick for a week. Now that I'm better, I hope it was corona! I'm looking forward to getting the car when it comes, still wondering when that might be.
I had the misfortune of being bitten by a mosquito in 2018 in Bahamas. Did 10 days in the hospital from it. It was called Chickungunya . It beat the ever living shit out of me. Way worse than I feel now but I do know everyone reacts differently but back then Even the pillow felt like needles in the back of my head, I went into sepsis. Not fun at all. If this stays this way I am one of the lucky ones the 80% with generally mild symptoms considering the others. Either way I worry about everyone especially my family over in Italy

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
@Reg , mine is sat in the Kornwestheim compound currently,

It’s supposed to leave the compound today so I’ll check with the dealer on Monday.
Sponsored