refazi

First Name
Refael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2020 Macan, BMW i8, Audi ETron
Country flag
I see many dealers in California has cars in stock for several months, anyone tried to negotiate a deal on team?
I have a reservation since 2018 and my i8 lease is ending in 2 weeks.. wondering if dealers are willing to go aggressive with the current Turbo and 4s inventory due to the outbreak.

Share your experience!
Sponsored

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not aware of dealers having Taycans I stock for several months...maybe the one they got as a demo. Most of us are waiting for ours to be built.

COVID-19 makes it difficult for dealers to conduct business, so I doubt you’ll see deals designed to bring in customers...lest they get sick.

Once the worst is over we’ll see what happens. I think those of us waiting for our cars will start receiving them and some day you may find some deals out there...but no time soon.

OP
OP
refazi

refazi

First Name
Refael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here is what i see, i doubt all are demos, some dealers have more then one car:
Porsche Taycan COVID19 Deals? 1585535809890

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yeah, I think those are the demos. A small number had to be ‘sold’ by the end of December and are now sold as ‘used.’ Most are there for test drives. I’ve only ever seen one at a time at my local dealer.

They have lots of 911s though.

OP
OP
refazi

refazi

First Name
Refael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
SoCal is even more rich in selection, for example rusnak pasadena porsche has 8 cars showing online

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That’s my local dealer! I’ve only ever seen one there. Of course I don’t think they’re open now.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
I see many dealers in California has cars in stock for several months, anyone tried to negotiate a deal on team?
I have a reservation since 2018 and my i8 lease is ending in 2 weeks.. wondering if dealers are willing to go aggressive with the current Turbo and 4s inventory due to the outbreak.

Share your experience!

So you'ld like to benefit from COVID-19?

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
With all the customer orders I can't image Porsche has vehicles in stock for purchase. I agree with the others here which theorize these may be demo vehicles being sold.

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
SoCal is even more rich in selection, for example rusnak pasadena porsche has 8 cars showing online
I looked
Not sure where you are getting your information from, but Rusnak Pasadena only has two demos in stock, a Turbo and a Turbo S and the sales office is closed. Dealers put their demos online so that they get calls from customers that can then order one. Right now, Porsche is ONLY filling orders and supplying demos to dealers.

Are you really openly looking for a "Covid-19" deal at the beginning of a catastrophic worldwide pandemic?

OP
OP
refazi

refazi

First Name
Refael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
if you type Taycan on the search it shows 8 card (more then 2 demos..) i also find it hard to believe they have more than 1 demo.
And yes, i'm looking for a good deal! you have to admit that the car is overpriced, Porsche also believe it by marking the residual value to 58% (for 36 months)

tk23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mclaren 600LT. Porsche macan gts. Porsche 964 C4. Volvo xc90
Country flag
When ordered cars are incoming they get listed on the dealer site. Does not mean they are for sale.

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
if you type Taycan on the search it shows 8 card (more then 2 demos..) i also find it hard to believe they have more than 1 demo.
And yes, i'm looking for a good deal! you have to admit that the car is overpriced, Porsche also believe it by marking the residual value to 58% (for 36 months)
Go to their website....they have two vehicles. Vehicles have to be ordered. Most people are waiting in line, and now with the factory shutting down, the production dates are being pushed back.

Doing my Masters Degree studies in economics, a car or any product is only overpriced if the seller lowers the price of the sellers products and then the total revenue and total profits are actually higher with lower prices than with higher prices.......Or conversely, if a seller were to increase the price and the total revenue and profits increased, then previously the seller was underpricing the product.....very basic economic principle.

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
And 58% of value after three years is pretty standard luxury car resale. Wish I’d be getting that much on my Tesla.

But if you think Porsche’s are over priced, stick to BMW. Had one. Loved it. Much more excited about this.

OP
OP
refazi

refazi

First Name
Refael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And 58% of value after three years is pretty standard luxury car resale. Wish I’d be getting that much on my Tesla.

But if you think Porsche’s are over priced, stick to BMW. Had one. Loved it. Much more excited about this.
Looks like BMW would like to let me "use" it for another month with no charge.. might be a good buffer.
I had 2 Caymans in the past, 2007 Base and 2012 R, Both were amazing, and i test drove the Taycan Turbo in December, i still think the got way over in price, they might announce the base soon at a sub 90K USD price like they were teasing with in 2015.. time will tell.

Meanwhile - looking for a good deal!
Sponsored