First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I looked

Not sure where you are getting your information from, but Rusnak Pasadena only has two demos in stock, a Turbo and a Turbo S and the sales office is closed. Dealers put their demos online so that they get calls from customers that can then order one. Right now, Porsche is ONLY filling orders and supplying demos to dealers.

Are you really openly looking for a "Covid-19" deal at the beginning of a catastrophic worldwide pandemic?
Most Porsche dealers work with a service company that automatically loads cars that are in production, being shipped, or arrived at customs into their dealership’s website, with a stock number and VIN and build description. This will include cars that are for customer orders too. So it is very misleading to see all those cars listed when in reality, most are either spoken for or haven’t arrived yet. The only Taycans that may actually be for sale are dealer demos and ones where you see the actual photos of the real car at the dealer’s location.

I hope this helps clear up the confusion on why it seems so many are for sale while the actual supply is scarce
Sponsored

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
I talked to Champion Porsche yesterday. They have a Turbo they are willing to discount. I also know of two dealers willing to discount about 5%.
(one ie my dealer) Contact me at [email protected] if you are interested in their names.

Chuck J

OP
OP
refazi

refazi

First Name
Refael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2020 Macan, BMW i8, Audi ETron
Country flag
Nice start @Chuck J i will be highly interested when they shave 30k off.

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
That will be the Carrera 2.

My $130,000 car will cost me $116,000 with the tax rebate. ;)

Chuck J

OP
OP
refazi

refazi

First Name
Refael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2020 Macan, BMW i8, Audi ETron
Country flag

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Just an update on the amount of cars out there for sale on the lots, i assume that the demos are not listed on autotrader, this is california bay area radius 500 miles
Current total is 31...
I seriously doubt they are "on the lots".

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Nothing wrong with trying to find a deal. I think a number of orders will eventually be cancelled due to various economical reasons - layoffs, reduced income, remorse. While my delivery is not until September (and I suspect well delayed after that) I have second thoughts about purchasing a luxury toy when so many people around me will be suffering economically. I can afford the car, but it just feels wrong at this time.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Well, it can always feel wrong if you consider that even in the best of times, there are millions of people homeless and starving throughout the world.
True. But now it hits home quite strongly with furloughed staff left and right. At least no layoffs at my place of work - yet.

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
I talked to Champion Porsche yesterday. They have a Turbo they are willing to discount. I also know of two dealers willing to discount about 5%.
(one ie my dealer) Contact me at [email protected] if you are interested in their names.

Chuck J
Are these build to order that they are discounting, or ones sitting on their lot?

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have found between 5-6% off for in-stock demos in my calls. Still looking for one that has the specs I'm seeking. Given the issues with my dealer, might just settle. However, I also ordered a significantly customized 4s, and would love that car.

Edit- very few dealers are not willing to deal, but there are a couple I've encountered.