CPO - 2022 Porsche Taycan Base - $116k - Good deal?

loomstate69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Hi All, found a Taycan in the spec i want and barely any miles (600) and i believe MSRP with specs is like $108k or so. Its going to take 9-12 months if I order new. Is this a ripoff? I figure prices on new Taycans will be raised in 2023 anyway.
Sponsored

Schn3ll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera e-hybrid, 2018 Carrera T, 2012 Volt
Country flag
I think that might be a little high but it depends on how bad you want it. Is it a 1-owner car or a dealer demo (non-titled)? That would factor in for your tax credit eligibility which would take another $7,500 off the top.

For reference, I just bought a 2021 RWD from a Porsche dealership with a $104k sticker, 500 miles, dealer demo, CPO warranty, tax credit eligible, they are throwing in a couple extras, and paid sticker.

I would try to get them down to at least sticker price, especially if you cannot secure the tax credit.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
2023 configurator is now online, so you can run a configuration and see what the car would cost as a MY23.

OP
OP

loomstate69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I think that might be a little high but it depends on how bad you want it. Is it a 1-owner car or a dealer demo (non-titled)? That would factor in for your tax credit eligibility which would take another $7,500 off the top.

For reference, I just bought a 2021 RWD from a Porsche dealership with a $104k sticker, 500 miles, dealer demo, CPO warranty, tax credit eligible, they are throwing in a couple extras, and paid sticker.

I would try to get them down to at least sticker price, especially if you cannot secure the tax credit.
Thanks, helpful! This was owned, not a demo. So I dont think I'd qualify for the tax credit, right? Good idea on getting them down to sticker, they always try to say that the CPO warranty is worth extra lol

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
CPO warranty does cost the dealer $'s, depends on the car, but typically around $2500

Schn3ll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera e-hybrid, 2018 Carrera T, 2012 Volt
Country flag
Thanks, helpful! This was owned, not a demo. So I dont think I'd qualify for the tax credit, right? Good idea on getting them down to sticker, they always try to say that the CPO warranty is worth extra lol

You're welcome. No you would not get the credit if you are the second registered owner. CPO is worth about $3k.

OP
OP

loomstate69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Thanks looks like the build is actually $108,500 MSRP. I've got them down to $114k, so not terrible. Very tempting... ugh

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Thanks looks like the build is actually $108,500 MSRP. I've got them down to $114k, so not terrible. Very tempting... ugh
I may be wrong but the Electrify America three years of free charging is for new vehicles only, you would lose that perk as well….not super important if you have other charging alternatives.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
I may be wrong but the Electrify America three years of free charging is for new vehicles only, you would lose that perk as well….not super important if you have other charging alternatives.
The remaining free charing transfers with the car. The 3 years start at the original in service date of the vehicle.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
The key financial consideration is if you can still get the $7500 tax credit. If you do, the $114k (before sales tax) goes down to a net of $106.5k.
If you DON'T get the tax credit, its an expensive deal.
Sponsored