Credit card cause of my Plug & Charge issues?

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
Have you guys seen this?

Got my 4S CT last Friday and tried EA Plug & Charge on Sat. Didn't work, call EA, they just reset and gave me a free session. I have my Porsche account setup with my AmEx business card.

EA thinks it's a Plug & Charge bug, and told me to contact Porsche.

For some gut reason, I feel like AmEx is preventing it. So this morning, I change to a Buisness MasterCard, and try Plug & Charge. Boom. It worked.

What gives? I'm fine with the current solution, but just curious if anybody have seen this...

or.....

maybe it just needs time to sync up my accounts, since I activate and entered CC info on Friday an hour before picking up car. Now that's past the weekend, it doesn't matter which CC and it worked. Maybe I'll add the AmEx back into the account to test.

-ThinkMac-
Sponsored

OP
OP
ithinkmac

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So.... I switched back to AmEx as default CC and try charging. it started for a minute, then stopped and need to unplug.

Unplugged. Changed default card to other non AmEx, and plug back in, charged whole 30 min session. Weird.

-ThinkMac-

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
So.... I switched back to AmEx as default CC and try charging. it started for a minute, then stopped and need to unplug.

Unplugged. Changed default card to other non AmEx, and plug back in, charged whole 30 min session. Weird.

-ThinkMac-
where are you entering your credit card? i want this to work as well.. i have to use the app to pic the charger to enable the free charging - lots of steps!

OP
OP
ithinkmac

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Enter CC info into "My Porsche" portal on the web. I think under personal-data if you click on the user icon on the upper-right corner.

Then payments and history. There you can enter as many credit cards as you want for future charges when plug & charge is no longer free. And also for FOD purchases.

Good luck. Plug & charge when working, is way better.

I hate to say it, but so far, my EA charging experience is mediocre at best, wife is already complaining about this vs Tesla Supercharger network. Saying we should just bring Model X for road trips.

-ThinkMac-

where are you entering your credit card? i want this to work as well.. i have to use the app to pic the charger to enable the free charging - lots of steps!

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
Enter CC info into "My Porsche" portal on the web. I think under personal-data if you click on the user icon on the upper-right corner.

Then payments and history. There you can enter as many credit cards as you want for future charges when plug & charge is no longer free. And also for FOD purchases.

Good luck. Plug & charge when working, is way better.

I hate to say it, but so far, my EA charging experience is mediocre at best, wife is already complaining about this vs Tesla Supercharger network. Saying we should just bring Model X for road trips.

-ThinkMac-
I have my card in since day one - Visa. Weird.. I do all the charging so ill just keep my wife away from the challenging experience when going to EA

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag

-ThinkMac-
After reading this I realized that the card I had on file at Porsche was no longer valid - so I updated that. Luckily it had not caused any issues but your post made me realize that it could have!

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Have you guys seen this?

Got my 4S CT last Friday and tried EA Plug & Charge on Sat. Didn't work, call EA, they just reset and gave me a free session. I have my Porsche account setup with my AmEx business card.

For some gut reason, I feel like AmEx is preventing it. So this morning, I change to a Buisness MasterCard, and try Plug & Charge. Boom. It worked.

What gives? I'm fine with the current solution, but just curious if anybody have seen this...

or.....

maybe it just needs time to sync up my accounts, since I activate and entered CC info on Friday an hour before picking up car. Now that's past the weekend, it doesn't matter which CC and it worked. Maybe I'll add the AmEx back into the account to test.

-ThinkMac-
Need some advise-I’m currently having a problem with EA Free charging. When I pull up to an EA station my CT4 will only charge if I pay for the session. I cannot get the free charging to work. The car charges perfectly at home never any issues. Contacted Porsche, my Dealer etc no luck. Plug n charge is enabled, currently using only the My Porsche app. Dealer reloaded my password etc no luck. Anyone else have this happen? I presume it’s some kind of error transmitting the info from my phone but strange that if I pay for the session car charges perfectly.

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Have you guys seen this?

or.....

-ThinkMac-
Twice in the past month EA wouldn't take my Amex but had no problem with Visa. The EA rep on the phone said they were having trouble with Amex but didn't know why. Oh well...

jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
AMEX on file and no issues with plug and charge. Charged at EA 2 days ago and 4 times in my month of ownership. After all the problems I've had with EA over 3 years of EV's, I was quite frankly AMAZED!

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Need some advise-I’m currently having a problem with EA Free charging. When I pull up to an EA station my CT4 will only charge if I pay for the session. I cannot get the free charging to work. The car charges perfectly at home never any issues. Contacted Porsche, my Dealer etc no luck. Plug n charge is enabled, currently using only the My Porsche app. Dealer reloaded my password etc no luck. Anyone else have this happen? I presume it’s some kind of error transmitting the info from my phone but strange that if I pay for the session car charges perfectly.
you need to set up your account with both porsche via my porsche and EA via the charge NA ap.
it is a shame that your sales person did not help with this on delivery.
you will not be getting free charging if you use the EA ap and your credit card

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
you need to set up your account with both porsche via my porsche and EA via the charge NA ap.
it is a shame that your sales person did not help with this on delivery.
you will not be getting free charging if you use the EA ap and your credit card
They had me get rid of all the apps except my Porsche. I will reinstall charge NA App.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
They had me get rid of all the apps except my Porsche. I will reinstall charge NA App.
I am unaware of how the new app functions so I will not comment, I remain with the older apps. regardless it appears to me that they did not send you on your way either properly set up or educated on how to make it work properly.
Sponsored