markt

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes GLE Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Country flag
This is my first post on this forum. I have just received an allocation for a MY 2023 GTS sedan. I have been an avid reader of the posts on tis forum for the past 12 months and I have found it to be a very informative experience that has certainly been extremely beneficial in helping me formulate my selections. I welcome everyone's input/comments/critique of my build. Perhaps, the most angst I have had in making the final choices was a decision to not go with the panoramic roof. Ultimately, I thought the metal roof was aesthetically more appealing but I recognize that this is certainly not universally agreed upon and I might even say may be a minority point of view.

So, let me know what you think:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPGN4MI4
Sponsored

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
First of all congrats on getting the allocation! It looks like you have a great deal of idea so below just my personal thoughts for your consideration.

I thought glass roof is standard in the states? Anyhow very good choice as I find the metal roof attractive, and happy I made this move.

Did you try out both the comfort and sport seats? I find the sport seat quite nice.

why de-badge the sideskirt logo? I find it to be a subtle yet appealing touch

IMHO volcano Grey is not the top color for GTS as it hides the contracting black trim pieces. I would go with a lighter color. For ex. White, Carmine red, Mamba green, Chalk, Dolomite silver etc. Again personal choice, you may into stealth theme and that’s your choice.

Headrest logo?

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
From a colour perspective, it's a bit dark, on dark, on dark.
Would be better with a bit of contrast somewhere. If you go with a dark colour on the outside, I'd change the inside to be more colourful, for example, bordeaux red interior would work great.
If you have your mind set on the black interior, then add a splash of colour with the seatbelts, chrono clock face or accents.
I would also recommend adding the Race-Tex on the B-Pillars :)

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
This is based on the fact I saw a volcano grey GTS in the flesh last week with those wheels (don't own one, seen one once)....but it looked AMAZING.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
My main comments:
1. The car looks good in Volcano, but I’d keep the GTS badge on the skirts, it’s a nice subtle addition.
2. I’m always disappointed when people drop the Race-tex interior. Again, this is one of the things that is bespoke for the GTS and looks great.
3. I’d also recommend contrasting stitching to brighten up the interior, in crayon or Carmine red. If you go with the GTS interior pack you get the carbon trim thrown in
4. I’d drop the HUD and save the cash, as I don’t think it is necessary for most people, although the area you live in might suggest otherwise!

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
I had a Volcano Panamera and thought it looked awesome as a Luxobarge but the Taycan's lines really support lighter and brighter colours. Obviously personal choice but do not be afraid to make it look a touch exotic. Agree with the above re the HUD. I have it on other cars but the speed indicator is directly below the centre of the wheel so you really do not need to move your eye down to see the speed v most other cars where it is off to the side or at the bottom of the display.

I would also leave racetex with silver stitching...

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
Beautiful choice! Although I might be just a bit biased since my build is extremely similar to yours lol. One comment and one question.
Not having a car yet I can’t confirm but my understanding is that the 400V on board charger is only of a benefit in an area or region that has 400V chargers, which again what I saw on a YouTube review, the US does not really have. Anyone with experience on this have different info?
My question is about the Race-Tex interior. I’m really struggling with whether to include it. I really like it but I’ve read quite a bit about the wear issues on it over time. Any options from experienced owners of Race-Tex?? You also can’t option, I believe, the GTS on the headrests without going with a crazy expensive interior upgrade package. I currently have the black leather 18 way seats with the GTS logo on front and back seats. Also kept the GTS on the side skirt.

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
First of all congrats on getting the allocation! It looks like you have a great deal of idea so below just my personal thoughts for your consideration.

I thought glass roof is standard in the states? Anyhow very good choice as I find the metal roof attractive, and happy I made this move.

Did you try out both the comfort and sport seats? I find the sport seat quite nice.

why de-badge the sideskirt logo? I find it to be a subtle yet appealing touch

IMHO volcano Grey is not the top color for GTS as it hides the contracting black trim pieces. I would go with a lighter color. For ex. White, Carmine red, Mamba green, Chalk, Dolomite silver etc. Again personal choice, you may into stealth theme and that’s your choice.

Headrest logo?
I think the Glass roof is “standard” if you select the premium package.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Beautiful choice! Although I might be just a bit biased since my build is extremely similar to yours lol. One comment and one question.
Not having a car yet I can’t confirm but my understanding is that the 400V on board charger is only of a benefit in an area or region that has 400V chargers, which again what I saw on a YouTube review, the US does not really have. Anyone with experience on this have different info?
My question is about the Race-Tex interior. I’m really struggling with whether to include it. I really like it but I’ve read quite a bit about the wear issues on it over time. Any options from experienced owners of Race-Tex?? You also can’t option, I believe, the GTS on the headrests without going with a crazy expensive interior upgrade package. I currently have the black leather 18 way seats with the GTS logo on front and back seats. Also kept the GTS on the side skirt.
My only experience with Alcantara / Racetex is with the steering wheel on my GT3. After 7 years and 20,000 miles the wheel still looked like new.

All that that it took was fairly basic maintenance and basic care when using the car. Of course if you have young kids then this might be less easy and leather could be a better option.

I have ordered the Racetex interior for my GTS.

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
My only experience with Alcantara / Racetex is with the steering wheel on my GT3. After 7 years and 20,000 miles the wheel still looked like new.

All that that it took was fairly basic maintenance and basic care when using the car. Of course if you have young kids then this might be less easy and leather could be a better option.

I have ordered the Racetex interior for my GTS.
Thanks for the feedback. I’ve read similar experiences with people saying with a little bit of maintenance it wears just fine and of course being careful of what’s on your hands as far as lotions, grease, perspiration etc. I’ve also read though that the seats can wear quite unevenly and leaves them looking streaky.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
This is my first post on this forum. I have just received an allocation for a MY 2023 GTS sedan. I have been an avid reader of the posts on tis forum for the past 12 months and I have found it to be a very informative experience that has certainly been extremely beneficial in helping me formulate my selections. I welcome everyone's input/comments/critique of my build. Perhaps, the most angst I have had in making the final choices was a decision to not go with the panoramic roof. Ultimately, I thought the metal roof was aesthetically more appealing but I recognize that this is certainly not universally agreed upon and I might even say may be a minority point of view.

So, let me know what you think:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPGN4MI4
Ditch the old Grandfather Clock on the dash. Taycan is the future and that clock is the past. Also looks rubbish next to the hi-tech display in my humble opinion.

You are correct not getting the panoramic roof. Waste of money. And I have it. You will never benefit from it sitting in the front.

The rest is a great thorough spec and similar. Bose is excellent and the HUD is a must have. Keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel.

Dimming mirrors and 4+1 seats missing. The latter depends on whether you work for Dad cabs and taxi the kids and friends around. No seat heating so you live in the desert.

No fan of deletions but I have been put in my place about that and will say no more!

Overall a super specced stealth fighter. Still prefer Carmine red!

OP
OP

markt

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to provide a thoughtful commentary on my first draft for a build for my MY 23 GTS. Here are a few comments:

1. The panoramic glass roof was standard in the US in prior model years. For MY 23 it is an individual option or still part of the premium package. Since it is still the more popular configuration, I assume Porsche intended this as a way to insure one selects the premium package or chooses this as individual choice. Just an alternative way to raise the price of a MY23 without increasing the base price - remove a prior standard option.

2. I definitely chose the color palette to purposely be understated to fit my personality. I deleted the GTS logo on the side skirt for the same reason. I took a look tonight at some photos online and it is a pretty subtle feature so I might just add it back. IN trying to add a little pizzaz to the exterior, I know I got pretty wild by selecting high gloss black for the base of the exterior mirrors rather than make the entire exterior mirrors the exterior color. One consideration might be to also add the door handles and the rear model designation also in high gloss black. The model designation change is pretty minor change but I have a bit of trepidation about the door handles since that might be a trendy option that doesn't hold up aesthetically long term.

3. Plan to add Porsche logo on center console rather than all 4 seats. Again this seems to me to be a bit more of a subdued accent.

4. Race tex on B pillars is something I will definitely reconsider.

5. Deviated stitching interior package would definitely be an accent that would be a great understated addition but the $5,010 cost seems to be an excessive splurge for me.

6. Still debating HUD. I was all in when I saw the google search feature on the Porsche Navigation screen but in reviewing input from this forum I have now come to realize that this doesn't mean that the HUD can display google maps. Based on easy of use and likely more accurate directions, I believe google maps will likely be my default nav system used through Apple Car Play. Seems hard to justify HUD just for speedometer.

7. I need to talk with my sales agent again about the utility of the 400v on board charger in the US since he recommended this. Perhaps it's based on the its potential future utility and not on currently available opportunities for use.

8. Grandfather clock - well, its for a grandfather! And I still prefer it to the sports chrono options that just don't seem to be as upscale to match the caliber of this car.

9. Heated front seats are standard. I didn't option the heated rear seats or the 2+1 seat option since we have a recent model Mercedes SUV for kid transport.

A few questions for the group:

1. Any recommendations regarding the choice of the tires included in the standard equipment or change for no cost to the all weather tires?

2. Any thoughts regarding 18 versus 14 way seats. I likely will need to make this choice without the ability to sit in both since my dealer is a few hours away and based on his inventory may not have both options to evaluate. I'm 5'9'' and 166 pounds. I initially chose the 14 way based on the sales agent saying they are more comfortable on a day to day basis and especially on a long drive. I just wonder if that's the general consensus and if the 18 way are a better fit for the sporty image of the car.

Again, thanks to everyone for making the effort to contribute to my obsessive evaluation of everyone of the zillions of permutations for options for this vehicle. I would say that after our first visit the dealership and deciding to purchase this car, it took my wife about 10 minutes to lose interest in discussing all of the choices any further. My first car was a Toyota Celica and my only choice was silver or blue, period. But when you're spending >$150 k for your very first Porsche you want to get it right.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
2. Any thoughts regarding 18 versus 14 way seats. I likely will need to make this choice without the ability to sit in both since my dealer is a few hours away and based on his inventory may not have both options to evaluate. I'm 5'9'' and 166 pounds. I initially chose the 14 way based on the sales agent saying they are more comfortable on a day to day basis and especially on a long drive. I just wonder if that's the general consensus and if the 18 way are a better fit for the sporty image of the car.
FWIW:
- if you want ventilated seats then you have to have the 14-way
- if you don’t have the 2+1 rear seats then the 18-way seats will match the design of the rear seats
- the 18-way seats are likely to be more supportive, but that could feel less comfortable for some people - I think this very much depends on your size and body shape
- to my mind the 18-way seats seem more appropriate for a GTS model

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to provide a thoughtful commentary on my first draft for a build for my MY 23 GTS. Here are a few comments:

1. The panoramic glass roof was standard in the US in prior model years. For MY 23 it is an individual option or still part of the premium package. Since it is still the more popular configuration, I assume Porsche intended this as a way to insure one selects the premium package or chooses this as individual choice. Just an alternative way to raise the price of a MY23 without increasing the base price - remove a prior standard option.

2. I definitely chose the color palette to purposely be understated to fit my personality. I deleted the GTS logo on the side skirt for the same reason. I took a look tonight at some photos online and it is a pretty subtle feature so I might just add it back. IN trying to add a little pizzaz to the exterior, I know I got pretty wild by selecting high gloss black for the base of the exterior mirrors rather than make the entire exterior mirrors the exterior color. One consideration might be to also add the door handles and the rear model designation also in high gloss black. The model designation change is pretty minor change but I have a bit of trepidation about the door handles since that might be a trendy option that doesn't hold up aesthetically long term.

3. Plan to add Porsche logo on center console rather than all 4 seats. Again this seems to me to be a bit more of a subdued accent.

4. Race tex on B pillars is something I will definitely reconsider.

5. Deviated stitching interior package would definitely be an accent that would be a great understated addition but the $5,010 cost seems to be an excessive splurge for me.

6. Still debating HUD. I was all in when I saw the google search feature on the Porsche Navigation screen but in reviewing input from this forum I have now come to realize that this doesn't mean that the HUD can display google maps. Based on easy of use and likely more accurate directions, I believe google maps will likely be my default nav system used through Apple Car Play. Seems hard to justify HUD just for speedometer.

7. I need to talk with my sales agent again about the utility of the 400v on board charger in the US since he recommended this. Perhaps it's based on the its potential future utility and not on currently available opportunities for use.

8. Grandfather clock - well, its for a grandfather! And I still prefer it to the sports chrono options that just don't seem to be as upscale to match the caliber of this car.

9. Heated front seats are standard. I didn't option the heated rear seats or the 2+1 seat option since we have a recent model Mercedes SUV for kid transport.

A few questions for the group:

1. Any recommendations regarding the choice of the tires included in the standard equipment or change for no cost to the all weather tires?

Again, thanks to everyone for making the effort to contribute to my obsessive evaluation of everyone of the zillions of permutations for options for this vehicle. I would say that after our first visit the dealership and deciding to purchase this car, it took my wife about 10 minutes to lose interest in discussing all of the choices any further. My first car was a Toyota Celica and my only choice was silver or blue, period. But when you're spending >$150 k for your very first Porsche you want to get it right.
The HUD does also display navigation and next turn / action whether using Porsche or Google maps. I just love never looking down at the dash.

OP
OP

markt

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The HUD does also display navigation and next turn / action whether using Porsche or Google maps. I just love never looking down at the dash.
I thought that the HUD does not display google maps. How are you accessing google maps on HUD - is it through apple Car Play or directly from the pOrsche Nav system?
Sponsored