OP
OP

ramib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S
Country flag
I just had a conversation with the GM over at Porsche of Fremont CA - hes a good friend. The Taycan has 11 allocations for the remainder of the year across North America. So, not a great situation for those wanting one - and waiting times have continued to protract for his customers with orders in.

Nothing is predictable from his view - for example, he had a couple of cars on the lot that he was expecting to deliver (had called owners); however, he wasn't allowed to release them due to missing Burmester Amps.
Yes...I was quoted $50K markup for a CT GTS which is the only allocation they'll have this year (Redwood City)....not willing to pay markups.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I just had a conversation with the GM over at Porsche of Fremont CA - hes a good friend. The Taycan has 11 allocations for the remainder of the year across North America. So, not a great situation for those wanting one - and waiting times have continued to protract for his customers with orders in.

Nothing is predictable from his view - for example, he had a couple of cars on the lot that he was expecting to deliver (had called owners); however, he wasn't allowed to release them due to missing Burmester Amps.
Ha, ha. I bought my first Porsche from Freemont over 20 years ago. Custom order to delivery ~5 months IIRC. They even let me remove a feature which came included in a package (not something allowed today as I understand). Much different times.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
How about the Turbo? I get over 300 miles with my MS btw
The wheels and more so tires that you have make a big difference. Some people get over 300 miles with their Taycan. I’m not sure on the model but I thought they were somewhat similar.

I have super sticky tires and 21” wheels so I usually am getting around 260. I also live in a warm climate though so these aren’t winter numbers.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes...I was quoted $50K markup for a CT GTS which is the only allocation they'll have this year (Redwood City)....not willing to pay markups.
Wow. The most I saw was $25K, but that was without an actual allocation in hand. I even came across one dealer who wanted "only" $15K, also no allocation, but wanted that ADM up front to get on a wait list. I politely declined.

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
....Curious whether other owners went through same analysis? Thank you!
Former Tesla M3 owner here. I hated the rough ride and substandard paint job. Neither of these is an issue in the Taycan. I especially appreciate four standard features in my Taycan 4 Cross Turismo - the 800v architecture, the two-speed transmission, the blended friction/regen braking system, and the air suspension. However, the clunky UI and glitchy software had me looking for a Taycan alternative after a few months of ownership. I wrongly assumed that the Lucid Air was equipped with air suspension when I made a reservation two months ago. When I realized that the Lucid 11 degree approach angle was probably going to be an issue for my driveway entrance I started having second thoughts. But, it was the Lucid forum reported UI and software issues that got me to cancel the reservation. Knowingly moving from one bad software experience to another does not make sense. Still searching for the next EV....

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Well, you know with Porsche badge, you get a quality and heritage that is there and you know they will be there for many many more years to come. We can’t say the same for Lucid yet. The new EV companies are struggling. Tesla defied the odds and succeeded, but Elon was smart in the way he ran his business. Lucid/Rivian Etc need to be smarter. I’d hate to put in that kind of money on their car and have the company be gone or sold to another entity that doesnt take care of the cars as they should.
Fisker Karma, anyone?

Deleted member 6348

The Taycan is a product from an established automaker known for quality and attention to detail. It shows throughout the car. While Porsche has never been known for their infotainment systems, the PCM software in my 2022 is totally fine. Porsche has come a long way in that regard.

Lucid is a start-up struggling to make cars at volume and using home depot parts due to supply chain challenges. It’s a dice roll being a Lucid buyer right now. Reliability and resale is a complete unknown, but early adopter experiences thus far aren’t encouraging.

Tesla has the lowest quality standards and craftsmanship in the business. The cars themselves are smoking hot garbage. The Tesla software experience is good, but it’s a walled garden with no CarPlay or Android Auto support — much easier to make a closed experience work well.

There are a lot of EVs landing from established automakers. There’s really no reason to settle for Tesla quality (ie lack thereof) or gamble with a Lucid.

I love my Taycan 4S. We’ve got a Mini Cooper SE. An F-150 Lightning is on the way. ⚡

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Not sure if you drove the Lucid, but it's a different car.
Don't forget their was a price increase this month on the Lucid.

I'll will most likely get a refund by the end of the this month on my Grand Touring

Forget heritage etc. I also have a different opinion on range/efficiency

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/lucid-test-drive.9932/

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
hmmm -just tried for a long range - but says Nov. Feb - they pull the schedule in for Performance and/or FSD - but if you just want base non-FSD Model Y it's Feb. 2023

Porsche Taycan Cross shopping w Lucid 8EBD403D-E98A-4270-A275-E9585B0A99E7

hitmonlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
Given people are complaining Tesla having harsh rides/bad QC, Lucid being too new and unknown, Taycan's waiting list being too long, I'm surprised that nobody has brought up the MB EQS. Is it too ugly to even be mentioned? 😂

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
hmmm -just tried for a long range - but says Nov. Feb - they pull the schedule in for Performance and/or FSD - but if you just want base non-FSD Model Y it's Feb. 2023
Ah, you are looking at Model Y. I was looking at Model 3 since your comment said Model 3/Y, suggesting similar waits. Either way, so the order to delivery range is 1-8 months, depending on which Tesla you want. Still lightening fast compared to Porsche.

Avantgarde

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Taycan RWD PB+, 21' X5 Xdrive45e, 09' Cayman
Country flag
Given people are complaining Tesla having harsh rides/bad QC, Lucid being too new and unknown, Taycan's waiting list being too long, I'm surprised that nobody has brought up the MB EQS. Is it too ugly to even be mentioned? 😂
Yes it is…

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
Lucid and Tesla IMO are both from the same ugly gene. All you Lucid fans should be stripped of your forum membership and given 50 lashes with immediate effect :bandit:
They were designed by the same person. Lucid ceo is the design director of Tesla.
Sponsored