Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 2022
Country flag
Hello,
I'm at roughly 3000 KM on my Cross Turismo and I'm annoyed at a few things:
1. Never got remote park to work (worked 50% of the time on my Tesla S)
2. Car alarm still goes off even after pressing remote lock twice to deactivate the interior motion detector. After 10 trials today I found a menu in the car where the darn option of 'interior alarm' was back on...deactivated and now it's not upsetting the neighbours again - at least for today. I wonder when the car thinks it knows better and turns interior alarm back on. Having this issue solved must be part of some code that a guy in Stuttgart forgot to document before he quit.
3. Consumption - thirsty as heck - I drive the same as with the Tesla, but this car consumes 1 KWH more per 10 KM, which in effect makes the range of the car 33% less than the Tesla.
4. Logon to the car keeps coming back for no good reason. Me and my wife are the only drivers and this car she doesn't want to drive anylonger. Reasons, - the whole list here basically and that it was a 'bad investment' - whatever that means. Logging back in is tiresome and should be totally un-necessary given I have the key to match my profile.
5. Apple car play and navigation - slow as heck - wouldn't you expect a quicker CPU in a Porsche? Car Play usually wakes up 3 minutes into the drive and starts playing whatever I had left on when I parked. Navigation is out-of-date and despite updates can't identify new highways and keeps telling me to turn around. Navigation also isn't synced with voice command - only partial addresses are found. Don't use it -I tried Waze instead but it can't find my location most of the time? Is this the car or my phone? I don't know but didn't have that problem before. Can't send SMS or call anyone when Apple Car Play is activated - which I think is default (at least for me) - do I need to turn car play off to make a call? Come on...
6. This is a 4 seater, and trying to get 5 in the car - even a child - is not possible - why they have an option (that I got) for 5 beats me. This might work for Smurfs, it's narrow and there's no room for legs - any legs.
7. Headlights, you need extra after-market lights to drive at night - same as the Tesla. Most cars have terrible high-beam power.
8. Range mode - there's no way to easily change top speed and the car is extremely conservative in the estimates - only way to bypass is by a traditional 'kick-down"
9. Charging door openers, - they just don't want to recognize my gestures most of the time. Makes me look silly, swiping, swiping, swiping...I know there's a menu to open these but it's hidden. I think I paid extra for this too.
10. Rocks get caught in the disc brakes - often - making squeeking noises - so the neighbours know I'm coming and can expect the alarm to go off soon...
11. Arm-rest in-between the seats - how the heck do you open the lid while driving and not being Houdini?
12. The charging network of Sweden - Ionity claims to build ultra-fast chargers but the most I find is a cluster of 4 where 1 is typically broken, the other ones occupied by the VW-group and when I finally get a chance to charge - - I GET 80 KWH and I have NEVER seen the claimed 350 (both from Porsche "we are the only ones with this speed" and/or Ionity - what a load of ****! Tesla may be plastic - but they do have a charging network which works - and calling it 'Superchargers' which is an understatement compared to Ionity's 'Ultra-fast'. I think Porsche is responsible for making their cars chargeable unless it should only be used up to 1,5 hours from home. Yeah I know what you're thinking - get a Tesla back - and stop whining...
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Hello,
2. Car alarm still goes off even after pressing remote lock twice to deactivate the interior motion detector. After 10 trials today I found a menu in the car where the darn option of 'interior alarm' was back on...deactivated and now it's not upsetting the neighbours again - at least for today. I wonder when the car thinks it knows better and turns interior alarm back on. Having this issue solved must be part of some code that a guy in Stuttgart forgot to document before he quit.
3. Consumption - thirsty as heck - I drive the same as with the Tesla, but this car consumes 1 KWH more per 10 KM, which in effect makes the range of the car 33% less than the Tesla.
4. Logon to the car keeps coming back for no good reason. Me and my wife are the only drivers and this car she doesn't want to drive anylonger. Reasons, - the whole list here basically and that it was a 'bad investment' - whatever that means. Logging back in is tiresome and should be totally un-necessary given I have the key to match my profile.
5. Apple car play and navigation - slow as heck - wouldn't you expect a quicker CPU in a Porsche? Car Play usually wakes up 3 minutes into the drive and starts playing whatever I had left on when I parked. Navigation is out-of-date and despite updates can't identify new highways and keeps telling me to turn around. Navigation also isn't synced with voice command - only partial addresses are found. Don't use it -I tried Waze instead but it can't find my location most of the time? Is this the car or my phone? I don't know but didn't have that problem before. Can't send SMS or call anyone when Apple Car Play is activated - which I think is default (at least for me) - do I need to turn car play off to make a call? Come on...
6. This is a 4 seater, and trying to get 5 in the car - even a child - is not possible - why they have an option (that I got) for 5 beats me. This might work for Smurfs, it's narrow and there's no room for legs - any legs.
7. Headlights, you need extra after-market lights to drive at night - same as the Tesla. Most cars have terrible high-beam power.
8. Range mode - there's no way to easily change top speed and the car is extremely conservative in the estimates - only way to bypass is by a traditional 'kick-down"
9. Charging door openers, - they just don't want to recognize my gestures most of the time. Makes me look silly, swiping, swiping, swiping...I know there's a menu to open these but it's hidden. I think I paid extra for this too.
10. Rocks get caught in the disc brakes - often - making squeeking noises - so the neighbours know I'm coming and can expect the alarm to go off soon...
11. Arm-rest in-between the seats - how the heck do you open the lid while driving and not being Houdini?
12. The charging network of Sweden - Ionity claims to build ultra-fast chargers but the most I find is a cluster of 4 where 1 is typically broken, the other ones occupied by the VW-group and when I finally get a chance to charge - - I GET 80 KWH and I have NEVER seen the claimed 350 (both from Porsche "we are the only ones with this speed" and/or Ionity - what a load of ****! Tesla may be plastic - but they do have a charging network which works - and calling it 'Superchargers' which is an understatement compared to Ionity's 'Ultra-fast'. I think Porsche is responsible for making their cars chargeable unless it should only be used up to 1,5 hours from home. Yeah I know what you're thinking - get a Tesla back - and stop whining...
Well I can honestly say, with 800 miles on mine (obviously not a lot!), I have the complete opposite experience - just an alternative input - literally everything you listed/mentioned not working is working 100% for me (doesn’t help your situation).

The only pts I can safely agree with in your list are 3) although my consumption is very slowly improving and def 11) the fact you cannot keep the console lid open is just plain stupid. Sorry to hear yours is behaving so bad but poss some of these issues inter-related. Obviously pt 12) unique to your location.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I’m sorry to hear that, but I can agree only with #11. (and #6, but it doesn’t affect me)
Of course, couldn’t comment #12.

CT4, MY21, 6700km.

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
I have the five seat option. For shorter trips we have had two teenage girls and one child seat, no problem. Adults likely hopeless, though.

For consumption, I mean, it’s a Porsche. Comparing its consumption to that if Tesla is like comparing consumption of a 911 to a Ford Fiesta, in my humble opinion.

Alarm, charge lid and parking I would ask my dealer to fix (or not, just get a record of you bringing it to their attention so it’s their problem). I also have the charge port, and it works even at days where we have rain all day and go from 5 down to -5 degrees in one day. It never fails me here and I bet our climate is much the same?

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Of all of the listed issues I only have the alarm that goes off. I also have a defective driver side charging port that will get fixed soon.

As for charging speeds, i also had low speeds (quick grumble, kWh are a quantity, kW is what you should have quoted as a speed) until I realised the car needed to heat up its battery before getting to a fast charger. If you are on your way to a fast charger then let the car know by navigating to it in the built in sat Nav. You’ll see the battery temp increasing to c 32C before you arrive . At that temperature and with state of charge <25% I reliably get 250kw charging speeds at ionity and others. I think the car stays above 200kw charging speed until 50% or so. Don’t really know, it’s just crazy fast, too fast for me to monitor if I’ve gone for an espresso or to buy a pack of gum.

Vfr750Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4 / Cayenne / Jeep Wrangler Willys
Country flag
+1 with the alarm and arm rest.
For the rest mine works fine.

If that bad you may consider to re sale the car I am sure other would enjoy it and get back to the play station on wheels

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
Hello,
If you don’t like it save yourself £100k and buy a 4/5 year old Golf.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you don’t like it save yourself £100k and buy a 4/5 year old Golf.
@USSWEDE documented concerning issues with his Taycan. I haven't experienced most of those issues, but it's helpful to the community of Taycan owners, and prospective owners, to know that those issues exist. Also, his post may help influence Porsche to correct those issues.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hello,
  1. Pointless waste of money - not surprised it rarely works.
  2. Dumb question but when you double tap do you notice the indicators flash differently, if not then you could be double tapping too quickly? Had the same experience on my Boxster (inclination sensor trips) but pressed once, waited a sec and then again and hey presto - silenced.
  3. Nothing to compare to - I would like more range however.
  4. Annoying but this suggests an issue with your account(s). Once working correctly and auto login enabled then this feature works well in my experience. I did have your issues 4 months in but now in month 14 not repeated.
  5. Don't use Apple. Nothing that wrong with standard NAV (apart from poor charging location database).
  6. Sports saloons are 4 seaters - adding a +1 doesn't make sense.
  7. What lights do you have? Matrix seem fine to me but no headlight wash on these or on standard LEDS - this a miss for sure.
  8. Range mode is easy to adjust (assuming the menu item hasn't disappeared as mine did 2 days ago and is now back) - Tap the Vehicle icon, then '...' - set what you need. Note this is overridden with PIRM (Auto Max Speed is set and displayed when active).
    Porsche Taycan Cross-Turismo after 3000 KM 1643025531624
  9. 3 places - sensor on the port door - moisture in your fingers can be an issue (it does wind me up sometimes), PCM menu, Central Console Control display - tap the battery icon then whichever port door you want to open.
  10. Depends on wheel type I guess - Turbo ones have minimal aperture openings and not had the issue.
  11. The single most infuriating and design disaster in the car - a 3 year old could have designed better!
  12. 350kW is not possible even in ideal situations. Maximum charge is 270kW under absolute ideal conditions.
Look on the bright side - you own a Porsche - good rant though!

OP
OP

USSWEDE

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 2022
Country flag
  1. Pointless waste of money - not surprised it rarely works.
  2. Dumb question but when you double tap do you notice the indicators flash differently, if not then you could be double tapping too quickly? Had the same experience on my Boxster (inclination sensor trips) but pressed once, waited a sec and then again and hey presto - silenced.
  3. Nothing to compare to - I would like more range however.
  4. Annoying but this suggests an issue with your account(s). Once working correctly and auto login enabled then this feature works well in my experience. I did have your issues 4 months in but now in month 14 not repeated.
  5. Don't use Apple. Nothing that wrong with standard NAV (apart from poor charging location database).
  6. Sports saloons are 4 seaters - adding a +1 doesn't make sense.
  7. What lights do you have? Matrix seem fine to me but no headlight wash on these or on standard LEDS - this a miss for sure.
  8. Range mode is easy to adjust (assuming the menu item hasn't disappeared as mine did 2 days ago and is now back) - Tap the Vehicle icon, then '...' - set what you need. Note this is overridden with PIRM (Auto Max Speed is set and displayed when active).
    1643025531624.png
  9. 3 places - sensor on the port door - moisture in your fingers can be an issue (it does wind me up sometimes), PCM menu, Central Console Control display - tap the battery icon then whichever port door you want to open.
  10. Depends on wheel type I guess - Turbo ones have minimal aperture openings and not had the issue.
  11. The single most infuriating and design disaster in the car - a 3 year old could have designed better!
  12. 350kW is not possible even in ideal situations. Maximum charge is 270kW under absolute ideal conditions.
Look on the bright side - you own a Porsche - good rant though!
Thank you so much! I really do appreciate this, Serious and honest and you took your time to really go after ALL of my issues - Wow - I'm so impressed. Take care, and I will try to be less frustrated next time I post something in here...there's a solution for most issues if one remains calm and works through the logic of things. Sweet!

ElGordo

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Turismo (2)
Country flag
I have now visited minimum 12 electrify America sites and plugged in at 350kw terminals.

I also have 3 different CT’s.

NONE of them have been able to charge at anything close to 350kw.

The last two days at 5 different sites across multiple state lines I was getting at best 97kw and more likely 40-50kw while using the high speed ports and having electrify America even reboot the chargers.

This is a lawsuit waiting to happen and wake up Porsche and ElectrifyAmerica to the issue.

Porsche support is hapless, electrifyAmerica at least tries to address the functional disparity.

so Porsche - what’s the deal?

why do you have to treat us all like idiots? It’s no difference in performance whether is 27 degrees or 50 degrees, whether or not you want to keep spitting out idiotic answers

WHY NOT TRY TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM?

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I have now visited minimum 12 electrify America sites and plugged in at 350kw terminals.

The last two days at 5 different sites across multiple state lines I was getting at best 97kw and more likely 40-50kw while using the high speed ports and having electrify America even reboot the chargers.

This is a lawsuit waiting to happen and wake up Porsche and ElectrifyAmerica to the issue.

Porsche support is hapless, electrifyAmerica at least tries to address the functional disparity.

why do you have to treat us all like idiots? It’s no difference in performance whether is 27 degrees or 50 degrees, whether or not you want to keep spitting out idiotic answers

A frustrating experience no doubt. Silly question but it has to be asked... Did you route to the charger using Porsche navigation so the car could prepare the battery for fast charging? Also, what was your state of charge when you started your charging sessions?

Reactions: B61

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
A frustrating experience no doubt. Silly question but it has to be asked... Did you route to the charger using Porsche navigation so the car could prepare the battery for fast charging? Also, what was your state of charge when you started your charging sessions?
Mine charged at a rate of 267kw this past Sunday. The battery was preconditioned at I think 90 degrees.
I only charged for 10 minutes.

yesterday at a 150lw it started at 90kw and move to 150kw after 10 minutes.

Reactions: B61

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Target you are looking for is 270kW and not 350kW. Taycan max draw is 270kW.

Sounds like the issue is not with the car but with EA.

ElGordo

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Turismo (2)
Country flag
Except and as a for instance here they had me move to a 150kw where the car charged at 100kw…

They even restarted the 350 charger, swapped cables 1 for 2 and it maxed at 44kw.

yesterday hit 2 different charging stations in the Baltimore area and north in NJ…

same deal
Sponsored