Cross turismo claddings

victor432

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes EQS
Hey all,

I understand Porsche's marketing perspective by doing different exterior styles to enlarge their offer.
I'm talking specifically about Taycan cross turismo, which I personally have to choose over a sport turismo, because I needed a higher ground clearance.
I really dislike the plastic cladding, they are so bad. I understand that some might like them because of the rugged look, and objectively the car it's stunning anyway, but I genuinely don't like them. I have a RR, a proper off-road vehicle, and it doesn't have plastic cladding.

Do we have some after market options? Did somebody wrap them in black or car color? Is there a way to improve it?

Thanks!
Sponsored

DES_MX

First Name
DES_MX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Green Taycan4 CT
Country flag
you can take it to the paint shop and spray paint it simply in body color. The only issue it will be more expensive to replace if it gets damaged + the $$ to paint it initially. Personally I really like the rugged look, on my Mamba Green at least - it goes well with the raised height. On another hand, the sport turismo looks also great in the lowest stance and painted arches. So to me either raised and rugged, or painted and low

OP
OP

victor432

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes EQS
you can take it to the paint shop and spray paint it simply in body color. The only issue it will be more expensive to replace if it gets damaged + the $$ to paint it initially. Personally I really like the rugged look, on my Mamba Green at least - it goes well with the raised height. On another hand, the sport turismo looks also great in the lowest stance and painted arches. So to me either raised and rugged, or painted and low
I got your point. I guess it's quite subjective. I want it raised and painted :)

OP
OP

victor432

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes EQS

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
remove them, dip them, wrap them, or leave them - lots of options. Our CT4 is our family road warrior, so I like the abuse it takes. Overall you have options to make it your own :)

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Literally one simple (forum) search will answer your question a 100 fold!

laua

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, V60, CT4S incoming
Country flag
I personally like the textured CT arches. They remind me of the textured wheel arches on the old MK II and MK III VW Golf GTI.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
So good results, wanted to see a similar example!
I have a question

Why did you order black cladding from the turbo s? It is not possible to paint the plastic, original cladding?
Because those are smooth and I think they were coated in base paint ( only saw the end result). The ones on the other models are made of rough plastic but can be sanded. There are other posts if you search for painted wheel arches annd also I the thread I sent.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I've long admired the mods that forum members have made to their arch trims, and was intending to do something similar. However, 8 months after taking delivery I've still got the originals...and for once, that's not entirely due to my laziness- they don't bother me as much as I thought they would, and in fact I think the car benefits from the extra black around the arches (I think the ST variant has a bit too much paintwork when viewed side on, a combination of no arch trims and no black paint on the rear roof shroud).
I'd prefer it if they were smooth, and painted black (the unpainted plastic is difficult to keep a uniform colour)- but I think a satin finish would look better than gloss, as most of the sideskirts aren't gloss and nor are the tyres and the actual wheel arches. So maybe one day I'll be bothered enough to make the change.

OP
OP

victor432

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes EQS
Thanks guys for the feedbacks, next time I'll use the search function :)

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I've long admired the mods that forum members have made to their arch trims, and was intending to do something similar. However, 8 months after taking delivery I've still got the originals...and for once, that's not entirely due to my laziness- they don't bother me as much as I thought they would, and in fact I think the car benefits from the extra black around the arches (I think the ST variant has a bit too much paintwork when viewed side on, a combination of no arch trims and no black paint on the rear roof shroud).
I'd prefer it if they were smooth, and painted black (the unpainted plastic is difficult to keep a uniform colour)- but I think a satin finish would look better than gloss, as most of the sideskirts aren't gloss and nor are the tyres and the actual wheel arches. So maybe one day I'll be bothered enough to make the change.
I feel the same about the ST. For lighter colors the rear roof looks better in black. The arches, even painted makes it look less uniform.

Last edited:

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
remove them, dip them, wrap them, or leave them - lots of options. Our CT4 is our family road warrior, so I like the abuse it takes. Overall you have options to make it your own :)
Yeah, during the extreme long weight for my Cross Turismo, I look at my MINI SE's cladding and imagine that it is already the best cross over hahaha. the MINI SE really is a rocket.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
The fact that it’s a Porsche, an EV, a wagon, with increased ride height and plastic cladding is the entire point for me….

I am totally ok if others don’t like it or get it, in some strange way, it makes me like it more.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Yeah, during the extreme long weight for my Cross Turismo, I look at my MINI SE's cladding and imagine that it is already the best cross over hahaha. the MINI SE really is a rocket.
I had my wife's Mini S's cladding sanded and painted back in 2004 just like my CT :) This pic from a few years ago and yes, believe it or not this is a 2004 Mini Cooper S!! - she refuses to let e get a new one :). That said we are def in line for the 2025 new electric but god knows when it will be available in the States!

Porsche Taycan Cross turismo claddings IMG_6701.JPG
Sponsored