WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I am a bit concerned about this. I have heard about this feel issue before from a few but am surprised that more dont provide feedback about this. Hoping it doesnt negatively impact my overall driving experience when it finally arrives.
I don't dispute others' experience of them, but I've never noticed anything unusual about the brakes on any of the Taycans I've driven.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I don't dispute others' experience of them, but I've never noticed anything unusual about the brakes on any of the Taycans I've driven.
Thanks. Good to know. I have this issue periodically on my Pan (during extreme wet weather) but it’s manageable.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I am a bit concerned about this. I have heard about this feel issue before from a few but am surprised that more dont provide feedback about this. Hoping it doesnt negatively impact my overall driving experience when it finally arrives.
It's all good.

After the initial running in period (600 miles (ish)) braking switches to motor braking (recuperation) each time you touch the brake pedal (you don't need to switch anything on to do this) for the most part unless you need to pull up sharpish and in which case motors and pads come into play (you won't be aware).

Typical morning scenario after start-up first thing is regular disc braking and then after half a mile or so motor braking takes over. You therefore notice the transition from discs to motors (it is quieter and you don't feel the discs through the brake pedal). You will experience this at least once a day - more if you have long gaps in between driving on the same day but only momentarily).

It will not detract from your experience and besides the motoring press would have called this out from launch.

Buckets265

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT4
Country flag
I don't find it that fear inducing. Yes, at slow speed you have a bit more travel in the pedal, but I would not classify it as you are near causing a collision. It only lasts temporarily too, then afterwards the regen makes it feel twitchy if you're not used to it.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
agree with his comments about the brakes. I have the regular brakes. IMO the worst dynamic feature of the car. Also hate how different they feel when the regen has not warmed up at the start of a drive. Sometimes have a micro panic that the brakes have failed completely.
This is not my experience at all. I don’t know whether this has to do with settings or driving style, or the fact that I have PCCBs, but brakes and brake feel have been outstanding. Also, there was a lot of speculation that PCCBs were totally unnecessary due to regen, but that is also not my experience at all. I use the brakes all the time and I love the PCCBs.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
It's all good.

After the initial running in period (600 miles (ish)) braking switches to motor braking (recuperation) each time you touch the brake pedal (you don't need to switch anything on to do this) for the most part unless you need to pull up sharpish and in which case motors and pads come into play (you won't be aware).

Typical morning scenario after start-up first thing is regular disc braking and then after half a mile or so motor braking takes over. You therefore notice the transition from discs to motors (it is quieter and you don't feel the discs through the brake pedal). You will experience this at least once a day - more if you have long gaps in between driving on the same day but only momentarily).

It will not detract from your experience and besides the motoring press would have called this out from launch.
I have never felt the transition. I think I may brake more assertively given track training. Specifically, when you race, you learn that slowly building up brake pressure as you slow is super punishing on brakes because you are loading them with heat before asking them to do the hardest work. Rather, you want to get the most work done at the beginning before the heat is in the brake and then ease off as the heat builds. Perhaps subconsciously this impacts how I brake on the streets (e.g., waiting longer before actually braking, braking a bit more assertively upon application — which could explain why I don’t feel the “dead spot” — and then easing off as I slow).

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I have never felt anything like the OP is describing in 38 k km’s. On the contrary! My brakes always feel the same when driving. I have never felt any transition or any difference in the brake pedal. Not at the start of the day or driving 200km/h+ on the Autobahn and needing to slow down, slowly or rapidly.

I heard from the Porsche instructor when I got the training, that one of the design goals for the car was the consistent brake performance. Porsche did not believe in the one pedal driving (OPD). Reason was stated to be that the braking of the car should be the same all the time, whatever the SoC is. OPD cars do not have regen when the battery is charged to 100%, none, nada. There is just no way to absorb that energy into the full battery.

If you feel a distinct difference in brake efficiency or pedal travel I think you should have that checked at the dealer. Does not sound normal at all.
Sponsored