ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag
Very excited as this will be both my first electric car, and my first Porsche. I'm coming from a 2016 BMW M3. I had a Model S on order, but I'm very disillusioned with Tesla right now over some service incidents from people in my network. I also put a lot of value on a quality interior (which is sorely lacking in the S in my opinion)

A few questions...
- I have a NEMA 14-50 outlet outside my house, I would probably need a 15'ft cable to reach the charge port. Is this included?
- Is there a way to pre-condition/bring the climate control to a certain temperature at the same time each day? One big pain point is I park in the hot southern-US summer sun and it would be great if the car could wake up and bring itself to temperature before my drive home from work (at the same time) each day.
- I have two small kids (2 & 4), any issues with car seats fitting in the back seat? We use my Wife's SUV for big trips, but need to drop the kids off at school some days.
- I like the 21" wheels best, but considered the 20" off-road if the ride quality was much better. Could always have the painted after the fact.
- Trim inlays in Vesuvius Gray or Gloss black -- I want to get rid of the silver/chrome.
- I love the alcantara headliner, but I'm told that's only available on Turbo/TurboS. I feel like the 4s is a sweet spot in terms of "value".
- Compass or Clock in center?
- Take a look at my build, am I missing anything obvious? Anything you'd nix?

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMBEH7C7

Dealer says August delivery, we'll see.
Sponsored

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
I went with Compass for the Chrono package. Also had it in red to match my red interior.

The clock doesn't do anything for me, but since the Chrono package comes with the extra protruding thingie on the dash, might as well go with more unique Cross Turismo option. You can't get the Compass on the sedan, so I like it being a unique Cross Turismo option.

I wasn't sure on the inlays in Gloss Black, because the arches will be in matte black because only Turbo and above gets gloss black wheel arches. I figure if they're gloss black and arches are matt, they'll conflict and look out of place. Pictures on configuration can't really show the difference.

-ThinkMac-

GlasgowTaycanCT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S ordered, LR Discovery, i8, Macan
Country flag
I think that is a very nice build.

I would definitely go with the 21" wheels. 20" would be the sensible option, but I know I would regret not getting the 21" CT wheels.

Compass for me. GIves the CT a more "off road" feel ! haha. The clock is useless for me, so the compass has a more novel feel for me.

Inlays. Gloss black for me to match gloss black window trims, side mirrors and door handles.

I haven;t got my CT yet, but I am sure you can preset the temperature for climate pre-conditoning

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I agree. Really nice spec. I have not seen this colour in real life but looks really good in the configurator with black trim. I agree, compass rather than clock as unique to CT. I think the wheels are great but I would definitely option black brake calipers rather than the standard red.