Cross turismo rear cargo dimensions

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Where did you order the rear bike carrier from? I have been told that it not yet availiable to order.
In the US configurator, it’s available as a Tequipment addition with a build.
Suncoast don’t have it listed yet, but as with the Performance Roof Box, you might be able to order through the parts department at your dealership.
You should check that your CT has the NG1 carrier preparation if ordering separately.

Edit: looks like both @ciaranob and I responded simultaneously!
Sponsored

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I just finished measuring:

DBBAA019-1DEA-4169-A047-A751E4199A40.jpeg
74C79EB7-F618-4682-85AE-C25946C0DA11.jpeg
35178B8D-090B-4E08-807C-A720C25BEEEF.jpeg
73B0D06E-D926-4242-B6C4-57005A9F4D29.jpeg
1FDF5FFE-9105-424F-942D-41B6A20911F8.jpeg
Thanks for the exact measurements.

If my math is correct, these dimensions work out to ~20 cu ft not including the unmeasured side compartments. Not too shabby!

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
so
35w 40.5d 26h and 17 to the cargo cover.
A little better than the folding ruler method. :)

Thanks so much
Not sure why its so narrow though. Watched a review of the Audi A5 sportback from the same guy and he measures its width (between the wheel wells) at about 40". That's despite the car being about 5" narrower than a Taycan!

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not sure why its so narrow though. Watched a review of the Audi A5 sportback from the same guy and he measures its width (between the wheel wells) at about 40". That's despite the car being about 5" narrower than a Taycan!
Based on a quick Google search, it appears the A5 Sportback does not have an option for rear wheel steering. That may account for the greater space between wheel wells vs. the Taycan.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
The Taycan is tapered to the distinct Porsche shape past the c pillar which makes it narrower above the wheels. It would be odd to have angled sides in cargo area so I’m guessing Porsche utilized that space for equipment, perhaps for compressor/air suspension.

I also wonder if the tire/wheel options on the Taycan are wider necessitating deeper wheel wells that invade the cargo/trunk area? *edit* looks like max tire width difference is 30 mm which alone is over 2 inches when accounting for both sides.

Last edited:

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
As prev shared this review link below shows the guy putting 4 x 20" rims with tires into the CT after removing the privacy tray - not bad!

Someone else mentioned putting two Mtn. bikes in there after of course removing front wheels and placing in separately - have not actually seen that and suspect if larger frames involved may be challenging with even rotated handlebars - but even if just one bike fits decently that's a bonus for me when I do not want to use the full bike carrier, which I have also ordered :).
I got one mountain bike in fairly easily with front tire removed. 2 would be challenging but not impossible. The boot slopes which is the problem. Am still awaiting arrival of the (very expensive!) bike rack. Last time I asked they hoped for September.

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
Can someone put a yeti 65 cooler in the trunk and send a pic? curious how that fits and how much left over space there is!
Sponsored