Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Harley Heritage, Triumph Rocket 3
Country flag
I took delivery of my Cross Turismo 4S a couple of weekends ago and think it's a seriously good car... I love it so much I've already put a deposit down on the next one!

Although production has restarted, it still seems pretty slow. I've heard wildly varying reports of UK wait times that currently range from 6 months to over 18 months. My OPC said probably around 9 months... but interest in the Cross Turismo has grown since cars started coming into showrooms and if production doesn't pick up pace soon then the waiting time will grow too.

So my deposit (only a grand) is a bit speculative in the thought that maybe residuals will be strong with low supply and high demand so I could swap to a new car (CT GTS perhaps?) in 12 months time without too much of a financial hit.

No risk, I just get the grand back if I decide not to go ahead in a years time but I wondered if anyone else has had more definitive reports of wait times if an order is placed today or if anyone else has thoughts about likely short to mid term residuals?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I took delivery of my Cross Turismo 4S a couple of weekends ago and think it's a seriously good car... I love it so much I've already put a deposit down on the next one!

Although production has restarted, it still seems pretty slow. I've heard wildly varying reports of UK wait times that currently range from 6 months to over 18 months. My OPC said probably around 9 months... but interest in the Cross Turismo has grown since cars started coming into showrooms and if production doesn't pick up pace soon then the waiting time will grow too.

So my deposit (only a grand) is a bit speculative in the thought that maybe residuals will be strong with low supply and high demand so I could swap to a new car (CT GTS perhaps?) in 12 months time without too much of a financial hit.

No risk, I just get the grand back if I decide not to go ahead in a years time but I wondered if anyone else has had more definitive reports of wait times if an order is placed today or if anyone else has thoughts about likely short to mid term residuals?
Nothing specific but 9 - 12 mths lead time was quoted without a clear explanation. There are many factors at play and several of which aren't in Porsche's control.

The residuals are already high (check the prices for 2020 MY cars). Normally you'd bank on losing 10K per year but currently it looks a lot less for the Taycan.

I plan on ordering a CT for Nov'22 so may need to get my skates on. I was hoping for a GTS too but also a Sport Turismo rather than the CT where perhaps the plastic wheel arches will be dropped.

If your deposit is safe then no real risk and you won't have to spec for some time yet.

OP
OP
Yorkshirepuds

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nothing specific but 9 - 12 mths lead time was quoted without a clear explanation. There are many factors at play and several of which aren't in Porsche's control.

The residuals are already high (check the prices for 2020 MY cars). Normally you'd bank on losing 10K per year but currently it looks a lot less for the Taycan.

I plan on ordering a CT for Nov'22 so may need to get my skates on. I was hoping for a GTS too but also a Sport Turismo rather than the CT where perhaps the plastic wheel arches will be dropped.

If your deposit is safe then no real risk and you won't have to spec for some time yet.
Thanks... As you say, no real risk so why not. ? I guess a lot depends on how quickly this 'global parts shortage' gets resolved.

Nuttyatco

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag

I ordered a 4S CT last month and I am waiting for a build slot, told probably March 2022 by dealer, although they did have a December 21 build slot available for a 4 CT.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I ordered a 4S CT last month and I am waiting for a build slot, told probably March 2022 by dealer, although they did have a December 21 build slot available for a 4 CT.
I think the delivery windows will continue to change and be driven by specification until the over parts shortage is resolved (a long while off yet). There is a risk that you get a slot and / or a car ideally before you want it so can be a game of cat and mouse.

I'll re-order this Nov for a CT of some flavour and hope it arrives within a 12 month window.

OP
OP
Yorkshirepuds

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Minor update two months later, just been chatting to my dealer whilst doing the 'Masterclass'. He says they've only managed to supply three CTs to date (including mine) and demand is high. He knows of one that was recently flipped for a £13K profit (and it wasn't a particularly desirable spec). He also intimated that they were expecting the GTS to have been announced by now but Porsche must be holding off... if the residuals hold up like this for a while it might not sting me too much when my turn for a GTS comes up!
Sponsored