M4H4X

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model S Plaid
Country flag
The Cross Turismo speaks to me. I think it would be very pleasing to drive and own both aesthetically and practically.

My daily driver budget is around $150k so it seems like my options are either the 4S with some bells and whistles like the Performance Package items and nicer wheels -- or a base Turbo w/ minimal options.

Being new to Porsche -- I was wondering what advice some more experienced members of the community would have? Let me lead with the Acceleration is not the most important factor for me. I do realize; however, that the Turbo may come with many options that I would have to select and pay extra for on the 4S.

Here is a 4S I created (and I really don't know if I'm going overboard here with respect to equitable features -- and if that is even something one should consider with a Porsche given their depreciative characteristics for their mass market cars):

Trim 1: 4S w/ Whistles ($147,550):
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo Shopper Curious about Pricing/Options iris

Packages (things I consider crucial in bold):

DescriptionPrice
Base Price Taycan 4S Cross Turismo$ 110,300
Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee$ 1,350
Chalk (Paint)$ 3,150
Race-Tex Interior in Black$ 4,130
Off-Road Design Package incl. Inlays in High Gloss Black$ 2,170
Performance Package (Default Configuration)$ 6,430
Premium Package (w/ 18 way seats, remote Park Assist and LCA (no innodrive))$ 4,820
Window Trim in High Gloss Black$ 400
Model Designation on Rear in High Gloss Black$ 270
21" Cross Turismo Design Wheels$ 4,680
Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest$ 190
Light Strip with "PORSCHE" Logo in Black$ 850
Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass$ 1,130
Interior Trim in Carbon Fiber$ 2,460
Heated Steering Wheel with Trim in Matte Carbon Fiber and Rim in Race-Tex i.c.w. Sport Chrono Package and Race-Tex Interior$ 950
Passenger Display$ 1,130
Power Charge Port Cover$ 640
On-Board 150 kW/400V DC Charger$ 460

When I sent this configuration over to the local Porsche dealer and they called me up to confirm availability of allocations -- the gentleman on the phone said this was one of the most highly configured 4S' he'd ever seen -- which to me seems like possibly a red flag that I'm overdoing this? I had originally called inquiring about the GTS but was informed there was a $10k adjustment on those because that's just what that dealer does on every GTS model apparently, but no markup on Turbo, 4S, or other trims (odd? Perhaps because it's a new trim, usual dealer BS?)

I absolutely love the look of the car though, inside and out.

Also it looks like i would be looking at roughly $165-$175k if I added the required packages to a Turbo; otherwise I would be getting a very basic car that's only benefit over the 4S would appear to be the acceleration for ~$160k?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
M4H4X

M4H4X

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model S Plaid
Country flag
To make things possibly more entertaining for you -- my current car is a 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid.

Wonderful car; however, it leaves much to be desired (to me personally) in areas other than acceleration such as build quality, issues, etc (for the price). I knew what I was getting into; however, as it is my second Tesla. No regrets but I think I'm ready to move on for a while and possibly revisit if/when the Roadster becomes reality.

Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo Shopper Curious about Pricing/Options IMG_0168

Last edited:

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
Options are tricky.Get what you want so you dont have regrets. I have a MY22 4CT, fully loaded incl. PDCC, Burmeister. My budget was similar to yours. I plan to keep this car for a while, so decide to put my money on options vs higher trim. 4CT is fast for me and bring smiles whenever I am in the car.

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
i'd spec them both up and see which you prefer. The Turbo will have some of the options as standard. Then see which makes you happier...my dentist mate came over with his yesterday and what was pleasing to see what just how happy he was....be sensible with your money but be happy!

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I agree with the other posters. Get what makes you happy and is within your budget. As for Tesla, I don't personally, nor do I believe most of the forum goers have anything specifically against Tesla. It just isn't something I'd personally consider. I like the ability to significantly customize a car at this price point

I should send your dealer the configuration for my Sedan 4s. By the time I was done pushing buttons, it was priced well above the starting point for a Turbo, but it was configured exactly how I wanted it, no regrets :like:

Used Taycan prices are, like most cars at the moment, through the roof. What the long-term depreciation will be is anyone's guess at this point.

Last edited:

Izzone

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
my dealer has a CT4 close to your spec that is available (in production)....if you want a built car

My wife has a CT4....its all you need, 4S is overkill....turbo is pointless except for impressing your friends on a launch....I have a turbo S...wouldn't buy one again, the power is not usable day to day

OP
OP
M4H4X

M4H4X

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model S Plaid
Country flag
Thank you guys for all of your responses. Today I went and sat down with Porsche and discussed further and we ended up being unable to secure the 4S CT allocation due to them already being gone for the quarter.

So I did some more research and given their current allocations they actually have one for the regular GTS, the regular 4S, and the 4CT. So I've submitted codes for all 3 to see where we land tomorrow. My preference for this moment given the rarity of the 4SCT is going to be the GTS, but I think the 4S with the upgraded battery will also make a great car.

My one caveat with the 4S is the wheel options. I am not personally a huge fan of the mission e wheels so I opted to keep the OEM 19s with all seasons for that build to use as a winter set and go aftermarket if we go that route.

Fingers crossed I will come back tomorrow with an allocation. ?

OP
OP
M4H4X

M4H4X

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model S Plaid
Country flag
So today I secured an allocation!

I went with the GTS Saloon, and mixed it up a bit with Neptune Blue paint and I changed to the leather interior with 14 way seats since this particular GTS will spend more time as a daily driver than on a track. I did keep the race tex steering wheel, roof liner (standard I think), and added race tex to the B Pillar.

The allocation is for March.

I can't wait!
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo Shopper Curious about Pricing/Options iris (6)
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo Shopper Curious about Pricing/Options iris (7)
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo Shopper Curious about Pricing/Options iris (8)
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo Shopper Curious about Pricing/Options iris (9)

Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo Shopper Curious about Pricing/Options iris (10)

Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo Shopper Curious about Pricing/Options iris (11)

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag

I went with the GTS Saloon, and mixed it up a bit with Neptune Blue paint and I changed to the leather interior with 14 way seats since this particular GTS will spend more time as a daily driver than on a track. I did keep the race tex steering wheel, roof liner (standard I think), and added race tex to the B Pillar.

I can't wait!
iris (6).jpeg
iris (7).jpeg
iris (8).jpeg
iris (9).jpeg

iris (10).jpeg

iris (11).jpeg
welcome to the “Dark Side”!:devil:

Beautiful color.

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
Thank you guys for all of your responses. Today I went and sat down with Porsche and discussed further and we ended up being unable to secure the 4S CT allocation due to them already being gone for the quarter.

So I did some more research and given their current allocations they actually have one for the regular GTS, the regular 4S, and the 4CT. So I've submitted codes for all 3 to see where we land tomorrow. My preference for this moment given the rarity of the 4SCT is going to be the GTS, but I think the 4S with the upgraded battery will also make a great car.

My one caveat with the 4S is the wheel options. I am not personally a huge fan of the mission e wheels so I opted to keep the OEM 19s with all seasons for that build to use as a winter set and go aftermarket if we go that route.

Fingers crossed I will come back tomorrow with an allocation. ?
Good luck..let us know what you get! Ops..you already did! Congrats! :)

Giluke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag

I can't wait!
iris (6).jpeg
iris (7).jpeg
iris (8).jpeg
iris (9).jpeg

iris (10).jpeg

iris (11).jpeg
Beautiful car! Keep us posted on the delivery and first driving impression!