B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
@NYF I have "normal base CT" with average 25kw/100km (after 4100km).
Also, I can still se 28.1 kw/100km on our local Porsche web site...
Sponsored

Last edited:

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
@W1NGE Battery size 118kwh means 23kw/100km.... that's possible, i'm not saying that's not...but still ?

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
The GTS sits neatly half-way between the 4S and Turbo if considered in terms of price (taking account of it coming with some 4S options as standard) or acceleration times (assuming around 3.6 s to 100kph), though it's only 20% of the way between the 4S and Turbo in terms of max power. With the GTS, the Taycan range now has a more uniform differentlal between each neighbouring pair of variants. The reason the Turbo is hard to get hold of is it is produced in very small numbers compared with the 4S for example. The Turbo S is likely also produced in similar low numbers, but demand for that is not as strong as it's perceived by many as relatively poor value. Also, the GTS is traditionally more of a driving enthusiast's variant, whereas the Turbo is more of a halo (or even luxury in some models) variant. They both have a place in the range. Is it certain that there won't be a Turbo badge on a Macan EV?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The GTS sits neatly half-way between the 4S and Turbo if considered in terms of price (taking account of it coming with some 4S options as standard) or acceleration times (assuming around 3.6 s to 100kph), though it's only 20% of the way between the 4S and Turbo in terms of max power. With the GTS, the Taycan range now has a more uniform differentlal between each neighbouring pair of variants. The reason the Turbo is hard to get hold of is it is produced in very small numbers compared with the 4S for example. The Turbo S is likely also produced in similar low numbers, but demand for that is not as strong as it's perceived by many as relatively poor value. Also, the GTS is traditionally more of a driving enthusiast's variant, whereas the Turbo is more of a halo (or even luxury in some models) variant. They both have a place in the range. Is it certain that there won't be a Turbo badge on a Macan EV?
Agree with your post.

In respect of the Macan my dealer told me that it is highly unusual to not launch with the top model from day 1 (Taycan, Panamera, Macan, Cayenne, 911, etc) in Turbo guise and so an initial surprise that the GTS was the top of the tree from launch. This was then refined to "there won't be a Turbo model or plans for it going forward".

Nothing in the Porsche camp is ever gospel but my sense is that there is something in this and we may well see 'Turbo / Turbo S' badges disappearing as the profits are being made further down the tree and the GTS caps it (availability arguably points to this). Subsequent updates will see power increases shift to the right as it were to ensure whatever the top model is has the headline numbers. Randomly, it is not inconceivable that a new variant is dreamt up which simply doesn't have 'Turbo' in the name - who knows?

I am likely totally wrong and clearly guessing at this point but logically something should change with the naming convention as the emphasis shifts to EVs. So as part of this evolution I can see 'Turbo anything' being phased out and higher performance models being GTS - if only to sell more cars and address an illogical wrong.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I'm assuming also that you are comparing apples with apples and not bananas - do all 3 cars have the same size of battery pack (I suspect not)?
I am comparing what you get for same or less money in terms of performance and range, so battery size is irrelevant. Note that range is not efficiency. You could make any EV more efficient by reducing the battery size (therefore weight), but I would not really want a more efficient Taycan with only 50 mile range, because range matters more to me than efficiency.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Agree with your post.

In respect of the Macan my dealer told me that it is highly unusual to not launch with the top model from day 1 (Taycan, Panamera, Macan, Cayenne, 911, etc) in Turbo guise and so an initial surprise that the GTS was the top of the tree from launch. This was then refined to "there won't be a Turbo model or plans for it going forward".

Nothing in the Porsche camp is ever gospel but my sense is that there is something in this and we may well see 'Turbo / Turbo S' badges disappearing as the profits are being made further down the tree and the GTS caps it (availability arguably points to this). Subsequent updates will see power increases shift to the right as it were to ensure whatever the top model is has the headline numbers. Randomly, it is not inconceivable that a new variant is dreamt up which simply doesn't have 'Turbo' in the name - who knows?

I am likely totally wrong and clearly guessing at this point but logically something should change with the naming convention as the emphasis shifts to EVs. So as part of this evolution I can see 'Turbo anything' being phased out and higher performance models being GTS - if only to sell more cars and address an illogical wrong.
Makes sense. Drop the turbo names - especially after all the stick from the press - make the GTS king and have a linear difference in performance and cost.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Makes sense. Drop the turbo names - especially after all the stick from the press - make the GTS king and have a linear difference in performance and cost.
Yea, but if GTS becomes the top of the range, it will need a whopping hp boost or else the top Taycan will seem very mediocre in the EV performance family it the price range.

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yea, but if GTS becomes the top of the range, it will need a whopping hp boost or else the top Taycan will seem very mediocre in the EV performance family it the price range.
If this is a plan then I'm sure that's part of it - GTS already has the turbo hardware I believe.

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Harley Heritage, Triumph Rocket 3
Country flag
I’m sure the marketing department could find some creative nomenclature to include other higher performance models if they wanted to… such as ‘GTRS’ to replace the ‘turbo S’ etc.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I don't see Porsche dropping the Turbo name- it's their best-known "brand", they (and arguably some customers) are too wedded to heritage, and it had already ceased to be an accurate technical identifier when model ranges appeared with a turbocharger in every variant (except some GTS). As mentioned earlier, the GTS has slotted neatly in to the Taycan range between 4S and Turbo in terms of performance and price. Historically (in other models), it doesn't have the luxury or performance of a Turbo but is instead aimed at satisfying the enthusiastic driver at a lower price point (it saves weight and money by eschewing some of the luxuries, such as replacing leather with Alcantara...though in typical Porsche fashion they take the opportunity to charge the customer even more for that). When Porsche produce an EV sportscar, perhaps there won't be a Turbo & Turbo S at the top (already the case with the 718), but a GT# & GT# RS.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I don't see Porsche dropping the Turbo name- it's their best-known "brand", they (and arguably some customers) are too wedded to heritage, and it had already ceased to be an accurate technical identifier when model ranges appeared with a turbocharger in every variant (except some GTS). As mentioned earlier, the GTS has slotted neatly in to the Taycan range between 4S and Turbo in terms of performance and price. Historically (in other models), it doesn't have the luxury or performance of a Turbo but is instead aimed at satisfying the enthusiastic driver at a lower price point (it saves weight and money by eschewing some of the luxuries, such as replacing leather with Alcantara...though in typical Porsche fashion they take the opportunity to charge the customer even more for that). When Porsche produce an EV sportscar, perhaps there won't be a Turbo & Turbo S at the top (already the case with the 718), but a GT# & GT# RS.
Preserve of 911 - they'll keep it for that.

MAVG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 4s (going); MY22 CT 4s (on order)
I find myself lifting my 4s all the time which is annoying on the day to day, the extra height of the CT for me would make it for a much more enjoyable daily. If I lived in a place without speed bumps, pot-holes and steep hills, where the nose of the 4s doesn't touch everything it would be a thing, but since I live where I live, CT is the best compromise between a sports car and a SUV. Going for one with a smile

Last edited:

NYF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (not delivered yet)
Country flag
@NYF I have "normal base CT" with average 25kw/100km (after 4100km).
Also, I can still se 28.1 kw/100km on our local Porsche web site...
Hmm yea I see that on the international Porsche site aswell. However on the Danish site in the configurator it says 22.1? Weird... Ofc I cant argue with your own numbers. I was only going by official figures (or so I thought).

oxum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
At first I thought I would regret the CT body style when the ST would drop. Turns out while I do think it looks nice, I find that it has a somewhat 'fat look' from the lack of plastic cladding. I never thought I'd say that initially though as I was in the paint them out camp before.
Sponsored