Cross Turismo vs Sport Turismo

abrookesuk

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 - blt Jun 3, dealer 22 Jun, del me 29..
Country flag
Its it just me or am I only one totally aghast at the price difference between the CT4S & the GTST = £16,720 !!! WHATTTT??
So, what do we get extra over the CT ? Does it get stuff like rear steering included ( nowp ), massage / cooled seats ( nowp ) ....so whats the deal?
I added £18k of extras to my CT4S ( she's here now ) so that makes the GTST £123,000. Wow.
AND for a car that is less flexible and adaptable for ALL conditions ( I did add a winter wheel pack as a later addition upon taking delivery )
After 4 weeks of rural roads UK ownership and a track day at Silverstone, I seriously cant imagine a car more rounded or capable than a CT.
If a more hard edge sports car is required, then a hard riding wagon would drive me insane unless on a super smooth track or mountain pass I guess......but thats a very small percentage of anyones motoring.
Or am I totally wrong? PS- ignore the reg plate - its false Mr Officer :)
582B8E1D-1A94-495E-8CA4-3F03884F3FF3_1_105_c.jpeg

79ACB911-4CA0-4545-B333-07A9058D035D_1_105_c.jpeg
Thanks - you have actually helped me make up my mind. I am still able to swap to the ST (and it's been a hard decision) but your comments above tipped me in favour of keeping my CT

murphy12345

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
IMHO, CT is 100% better daily and more capable on variety of surfaces/conditions. Reality is, the ST has limited driving conditions despite having better performance on pavement. However, 99% Taycan owners will never be able to extract the full potential or come close to the Taycan's potential either in CT or ST models ?‍♂

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
IMHO, CT is 100% better daily and more capable on variety of surfaces/conditions. Reality is, the ST has limited driving conditions despite having better performance on pavement. However, 99% Taycan owners will never be able to extract the full potential or come close to the Taycan's potential either in CT or ST models ?‍♂
Apart from a slight increase in ride height (which has both advantages and disadvantages) what do you think makes a CT “100% better daily” compared to the identically-bodied ST?

murphy12345

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Apart from a slight increase in ride height (which has both advantages and disadvantages) what do you think makes a CT “100% better daily” compared to the identically-bodied ST?

Good point. Just my own opinion. But here are the things that stand out.
  • Cost...based CT vs ST is difference of nearly $40K
  • Ride height helps...for navigating the grocery parking lots - lol
  • Interior... if you have kids like I do, standard CT interior surfaces is probably more practical

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
  • Interior... if you have kids like I do, standard CT interior surfaces is probably more practical
Agree on the benefits of the CT ride height. I’ve found in the lowest setting, which is the “normal” height for the sedan/ST I scrape a LOT, daily driving on our *lovely* Dallas roads. I’ve reverted to normal height of the CT 95% of the time for this reason. In my own neighborhood I put into gravel mode to avoid scraping in CT normal mode due to extensive speed bumps and drainage dips. YMMV

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Agree on the benefits of the CT ride height. I’ve found in the lowest setting, which is the “normal” height for the sedan/ST I scrape a LOT, daily driving on our *lovely* Dallas roads. I’ve reverted to normal height of the CT 95% of the time for this reason. In my own neighborhood I put into gravel mode to avoid scraping in CT normal mode due to extensive speed bumps and drainage dips. YMMV
Yikes, those must be some interesting roads you got there. The 5" ride height of the ST and sedan certainly isn't high, but I also can't say I've seen too many folks here complaining about the ground clearance.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Materials used inside will be the same.

Truth is the only visible and at best tenuous benefit is 20mm (less than 1") additional ride height.

Clever test marketing by Porsche to trial a cross Vs non Cross.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Yikes, those must be some interesting roads you got there. The 5" ride height of the ST and sedan certainly isn't high, but I also can't say I've seen too many folks here complaining about the ground clearance.

Our rain storms require significant drainage ?. And it’s not just the clearance, it’s the suspension response.

For example, on our Panamera ST, sport suspension in lowest setting will scrape but sport+ (firmer response) won’t scrape on the same obstacles. Sport+ / low setting in Taycan CT scrapes on all of them.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
And it’s not just the clearance, it’s the suspension response.

For example, on our Panamera ST, sport suspension in lowest setting will scrape but sport+ (firmer response) won’t scrape on the same obstacles. Sport+ / low setting in Taycan CT scrapes on all of them.
Some reviewers do recommend the CT v the ST if you want more comfortable ride (though not sure they've directly compared cars with same air/steel suspension and same wheel sizes).

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What on earth are you comparing - on a like for like basis (e.g 4S CT v 4S ST both with performance battery) the difference in the UK is around £500

I’m sure that (minimal) ride height helps some, but that is also a disadvantage for others.

ST and CT interiors are basically identical?

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
Materials used inside will be the same.

Truth is the only visible and at best tenuous benefit is 20mm (less than 1") additional ride height.

Clever test marketing by Porsche to trial a cross Vs non Cross.
Believe it or not, with the test sedan the bottom of the car touched the speed bumber. The CT not.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Some reviewers do recommend the CT v the ST if you want more comfortable ride (though not sure they've directly compared cars with same air/steel suspension and same wheel sizes).
I imagine that makes much more difference than the 20mm height difference between similar models!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
What on earth are you comparing - on a like for like basis (e.g 4S CT v 4S ST both with performance battery) the difference in the UK is around £500

I’m sure that (minimal) ride height helps some, but that is also a disadvantage for others.

ST and CT interiors are basically identical?
Interiors are identical.

Usual problem of an apples and pears comparison on pricing I suspect

R Benny Waered

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, Rapide S, Mc GT, ID.5
Country flag
I liked my 4S CT so much that I ordered a GTS ST. This may also address some software bugs ;) - which are pretty inconsequential when a car rides and handles and feels and goes this good. But the GTS is better right? :clap:

I am a little worried over the ride though - the ride is so 'limo' excellent in the 4S that to lose some of that would be quite a loss. I specifically didn't get 21" as 20" was marginally better for ride and range - and then with PDCC, RWS and in Sports Plus mode I cant imagine a more pointy, flat, grippy family car. And I have had a few... Its just sublime.

Anyone seen any real world comparisons on 20" for ST and CT?

Cheers

Nasko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SQ8
Country flag
I liked my 4S CT so much that I ordered a GTS ST. This may also address some software bugs ;) - which are pretty inconsequential when a car rides and handles and feels and goes this good. But the GTS is better right? :clap:

I am a little worried over the ride though - the ride is so 'limo' excellent in the 4S that to lose some of that would be quite a loss. I specifically didn't get 21" as 20" was marginally better for ride and range - and then with PDCC, RWS and in Sports Plus mode I cant imagine a more pointy, flat, grippy family car. And I have had a few... Its just sublime.

Anyone seen any real world comparisons on 20" for ST and CT?

Cheers
Hi, did you receive your GTS? I've currently configured a ST GTS and a CT4S, making an order this week. Test driven a CT4S but have never seen a ST GTS live. I've got myself a real dilemma between the two. Higher clearance, better ride or the sporty handling and more hp? Could you or anyone been in both cars give their opinion on how big the difference in ride quality and clearance in real world conditions is? Thanks!
Sponsored