Cross Turismo Wheels on regular Taycan?

Arc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Country flag
Just wondering.
Has anyone considered, plan or actually done Cross Turismo wheels on the regular Taycan? Thoughts on this?
I might be mistaken but I believe the specs are the same?

Or is there some big no no to do this, because porsche did not offer the same wheel on the CT vs the regular Taycan? ??
Sponsored

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Just wondering.
Has anyone considered, plan or actually done Cross Turismo wheels on the regular Taycan? Thoughts on this?
I might be mistaken but I believe the specs are the same?

Or is there some big no no to do this, because porsche did not offer the same wheel on the CT vs the regular Taycan? ??
Ha! I tried this route. I thought the five spoke, 20 inch Offroad design CT wheels would look great on my black sedan. So I first went through my dealer who said "Not possible" to order with the sedan. Undeterred, I contacted a colleague in Germany who owns a small fleet of Porsches and claims to have good contacts within the Porsche organization. He made some calls, emails, etc. on my behalf but also came up dry. My conclusion is that expecting Porsche to be flexible is like expecting the USPS to deliver mail on time. And so, I had to settle for the 20 inch sport aero wheels (which really isn't so bad). I'd love the Mission E wheels but for the fact that they are 21 inch and going to leave me dead in the water every other time I smash into a pothole. My advice: Give it a try, hope for the best, but expect the worst. (And if you are really unhappy, start searching for aftermarket rims.). The other route, albeit quite circuitous, would be to find somebody speccing a CT that likes a wheel choice that is offered on the sedan but not the CT, e.g. the Sport Aero wheels, and trade them wheels. The sport aeros are a little more expensive than the CT Offroad design but I would happily trade my sport aeros for a set of offroads and call it even.

OP
OP

Arc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Country flag
There are already plenty of CT wheels available on various outlets on the internet. So sourcing them shouldn’t be a problem.

Ha! I tried this route. I thought the five spoke, 20 inch Offroad design CT wheels would look great on my black sedan. So I first went through my dealer who said "Not possible" to order with the sedan. Undeterred, I contacted a colleague in Germany who owns a small fleet of Porsches and claims to have good contacts within the Porsche organization. He made some calls, emails, etc. on my behalf but also came up dry. My conclusion is that expecting Porsche to be flexible is like expecting the USPS to deliver mail on time. And so, I had to settle for the 20 inch sport aero wheels (which really isn't so bad). I'd love the Mission E wheels but for the fact that they are 21 inch and going to leave me dead in the water every other time I smash into a pothole. My advice: Give it a try, hope for the best, but expect the worst. (And if you are really unhappy, start searching for aftermarket rims.). The other route, albeit quite circuitous, would be to find somebody speccing a CT that likes a wheel choice that is offered on the sedan but not the CT, e.g. the Sport Aero wheels, and trade them wheels. The sport aeros are a little more expensive than the CT Offroad design but I would happily trade my sport aeros for a set of offroads and call it even.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
There are already plenty of CT wheels available on various outlets on the internet. So sourcing them shouldn’t be a problem.
You are right, sourcing is the easy part, trying not to purchase two sets of rims/tires to get what you like is the hard part. I made that mistake once, thinking I would sell the original rims that I did not like and recoup a little wasted money. But after five years and a garage clean-out, I ended up paying 1-800-Got-Junk to haul them away.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
You are right, sourcing is the easy part, trying not to purchase two sets of rims/tires to get what you like is the hard part. I made that mistake once, thinking I would sell the original rims that I did not like and recoup a little wasted money. But after five years and a garage clean-out, I ended up paying 1-800-Got-Junk to haul them away.
I always have 2 sets of wheels, one for winter tyres so personally i would get a buy the car on a set of 20" I liked specifying winter tyres then get the CT wheels and summer tyres separately.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
I always have 2 sets of wheels, one for winter tyres so personally i would get a buy the car on a set of 20" I liked specifying winter tyres then get the CT wheels and summer tyres separately.
That is what I ended up doing this time. My Sport Aeros came with all seasons which I am moving to aftermarkets, and I'm going to put the winter rubber on the sport aeros -- which look like excellent wheels for snowplowing.
Sponsored