McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
The wheel arches of my Dolomite CT4 were painted by my dealer before delivery.

They ordered the smooth Turbo S arches and painted them Dolomite. The body shop didn’t want to sand the original ones because they had a negative experience. When not done correctly the paint could come off.

Got the invoice today which also shows the part numbers.

I saw some questions about these numbers. Maybe it can be of use for someone

LV = left front RV right front
LA = left rear RA right rear

Happy with the result. Around 2.5 K without taxes. It costs something but then you also have something as an old Dutch proverb says.

Porsche Taycan CT 4 Painted Wheel Arches and Part Numbers of Cross Turismo Turbo S 4800F925-D964-4173-B357-44D67B3C0451

Porsche Taycan CT 4 Painted Wheel Arches and Part Numbers of Cross Turismo Turbo S F12DA751-2780-4C91-9BD0-5E473D766E4F

Porsche Taycan CT 4 Painted Wheel Arches and Part Numbers of Cross Turismo Turbo S 8EF56A14-B303-4B12-8370-347BD79648A1

Porsche Taycan CT 4 Painted Wheel Arches and Part Numbers of Cross Turismo Turbo S BA7DD7FB-E621-4EB9-B6CA-39C5A4D6B504

Last edited:

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Hi @McgR,

Thanks for sharing. Looks great!

Inspired by yours and @ciaranob's similar project, I've rekindled my interest in doing this on my standard black CT4. When I looked up some of the part numbers you shared here, some of the dealer parts sites I searched on are listing those parts as primed (not painted). Of course that information could be incorrect and I can double check directly with my dealer parts department, or Suncoast here in the USA, but I'd like to ask you - are you certain your parts arrived in full-finish gloss standard black (not raw/primed) before your body shop began refinishing?

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Hi @McgR,

Thanks for sharing. Looks great!

Inspired by yours and @ciaranob's similar project, I've rekindled my interest in doing this on my standard black CT4. When I looked up some of the part numbers you shared here, some of the dealer parts sites I searched on are listing those parts as primed (not painted). Of course that information could be incorrect and I can double check directly with my dealer parts department, or Suncoast here in the USA, but I'd like to ask you - are you certain your parts arrived in full-finish gloss standard black (not raw/primed) before your body shop began refinishing?
No I am not. This is what they ordered. I didn’t see them before the end result.

It is certainly possible that they are primed and not painted. But the only model that has the smooth ones is the Turbo S. It is possible they still have to be painted gloss black by the body shop if they order them to repair a Turbo S.

I think that even if they would be gloss black you would still have to paint them standard black because I think it will look different. It will be easier if they are primed and not painted.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
No I am not. This is what they ordered. I didn’t see them before the end result.

It is certainly possible that they are primed and not painted. But the only model that has the smooth ones is the Turbo S. It is possible they still have to be painted gloss black by the body shop if they order them to repair a Turbo S.

I think that even if they would be gloss black you would still have to paint them standard black because I think it will look different. It will be easier if they are primed and not painted.
Thanks @McgR . I shall have to investigate a bit more. You make a good point about painting vs gloss black. I’d be open to gloss black - the CT4 trunk spoiler and corners are gloss black plastic rather than painted body color AFAICT.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag

Strongly suspect Porsche only ships primed parts i.e. far too difficult to guarantee flawless delivery of finished painted parts - so indeed likely yours came primed and painted to your body color. The gloss black option on Turbo S's I also suspect is only delivered as an order option i.e. delivered installed on the cars.

Hey @McgR - finally have all the black plastic smoothed and painted a satin black and some other parts in gloss black in case you have not seen it :) - link here: #197

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Strongly suspect Porsche only ships primed parts i.e. far too difficult to guarantee flawless delivery of finished painted parts - so indeed likely yours came primed and painted to your body color. The gloss black option on Turbo S's I also suspect is only delivered as an order option i.e. delivered installed on the cars.

Hey @McgR - finally have all the black plastic smoothed and painted a satin black and some other parts in gloss black in case you have not seen it :) - link here: #197
Looks really good. Congrats ! Well done. Was your battery problem solved ?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks really good. Congrats ! Well done. Was your battery problem solved ?
Yes sorry, posted comment in that thread but a total red herring - quite embarrassing really as it was just the App having a knicker fit with all the parts off the car (including charging doors etc) and once reassembled all systems exactly as they were no errors at all!! Live and Learn.

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
It always needs to be painted afterwards. They arrive smooth at dealership. Rest needs to be done. by paintwork or bodyshop repair.

6D543956-C668-4303-A381-4DCC900C282D.jpeg

958A292B-A551-4077-98B3-B20EBA3DDDAC.jpeg
This is the car I saw at the dealership that made me decide to paint the wheel arches. This was the first one they did. Is this you? I thought you had mamba?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
The wheel arches of my Dolomite CT4 were painted by my dealer before delivery.

They ordered the smooth Turbo S arches and painted them Dolomite. The body show didn’t want to sand the original ones because he had a negative experience.

Got the invoice today which also shows the part numbers.

I saw some questions about these numbers. Maybe it can be of use for someone

LV = left front RV right front
LA = left rear RA right rear

Happy with the result. Around 2.5 K without taxes. It costs something but then you also have something as an old Dutch proverb says.

4800F925-D964-4173-B357-44D67B3C0451.jpeg

F12DA751-2780-4C91-9BD0-5E473D766E4F.jpeg

8EF56A14-B303-4B12-8370-347BD79648A1.jpeg

BA7DD7FB-E621-4EB9-B6CA-39C5A4D6B504.jpeg
Wow this really does look massively better than the standard CT black trim!

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Wow this really does look massively better than the standard CT black trim!
Thanks. Really happy with the result. Although I must admit most pictures are takes with a low camera position and in general you look to the car from above. Bet in light colered cars it looks more sporty. The dark arches make the wheels look much bigger.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Your car looks great - think I can top that price :) - my painted (original plastic) arches smoothed, primed and painted for US$1000 earlier this year. Also got them covered in Xpel Ultimate which I would actually highly recommend at least for rears as original black plastic does hide when small rock hits happen!

Heck of a lot more mods done too - all in this link: #1

Porsche Taycan CT 4 Painted Wheel Arches and Part Numbers of Cross Turismo Turbo S IMG_5599

Last edited:

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
This is the car I saw at the dealership that made me decide to paint the wheel arches. This was the first one they did. Is this you? I thought you had mamba?
I have mamba, this is from friend and client of me.
Sponsored