GTS Car Life
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
11 997 GTS, 85.5 944, 16 Cayenne S, 23Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Love the painted extensions! I ordered them that way on my wife's 2016 Cayenne S, and don't really care for the black "off-road" stuff. Now I must have the painted extensions!
Sponsored

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
This one has me torn. I actually kind of like the contrasting color of the black wheel arch. These also look good.
That’s the good thing. You can like the contrast. You don’t have to like what I like, would be boring. You can even be more honest and say you don’t like it if you do. It wouldn’t hurt me because I like the way it is now. I did a poll a couple of months ago and 2/3 voted against the painting. And I still did. 😎

to be honest. It is less obvious when you stand next to the car than in most pictures because they are taken further away and usually from a rather low camera position.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
That’s the good thing. You can like the contrast. You don’t have to like what I like, would be boring. You can even be more honest and say you don’t like it if you do. It wouldn’t hurt me because I like the way it is now. I did a poll a couple of months ago and 2/3 voted against the painting. And I still did. 😎

to be honest. It is less obvious when you stand next to the car than in most pictures because they are taken further away and usually from a rather low camera position.
I can't speak for Terrance but I thought he was saying that he likes both options. I do- I really like the look of your painted arch trim (even over the ST, which doesn't look as muscular having no arch trim), and I also like the contrast of the black arch trim with lighter body colours. I'm not sure about the Turbo S's gloss black trims...the tyres aren't gloss and black wheels look better not in gloss IMO, so gloss black arch trims aren't a great match. So, in summary, I can't make my mind up so I'll wait until I've lived with the factory trims long enough to form a strong opinion (in the meantime, I'm taking the cheap and lazy option 😁 ).

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I can't speak for Terrance but I thought he was saying that he likes both options. I do- I really like the look of your painted arch trim (even over the ST, which doesn't look as muscular having no arch trim), and I also like the contrast of the black arch trim with lighter body colours. I'm not sure about the Turbo S's gloss black trims...the tyres aren't gloss and black wheels look better not in gloss IMO, so gloss black arch trims aren't a great match. So, in summary, I can't make my mind up so I'll wait until I've lived with the factory trims long enough to form a strong opinion (in the meantime, I'm taking the cheap and lazy option 😁 ).
oh sorry I wasn’t offended must be my English / understanding of the previous post. Just saying we don’t Al have to like the same.

For a moment I thought putting on the gloss black ones. Would have doubled the price of my car for 2.5 K. But it would feel like pretending that it is something it isn’t. Like putting a M / AMG / … badge on something that is not. At the end I decided for this. My wheels do have gloss black and lots of gloss black on the rest of the car. Like you mentioned. With the painted parts it has a more stretched look.

I looked at the the ST on the configurator in Dolomite and I found it a bit “naked”. And I also preferred the black spoiler on the trunk like in the CT.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
But it would feel like pretending that it is something it isn’t.
On the spectrum of ‘pretending to be something else’, changing the wheel arch trim is no dig deal IMO. It’s more cosmetic, more like getting a wrap to achieve an unavailable color.

I opted for model designation insignia removal on my CT4 - not because I want it to be ambiguous as to which model I have, but because I want a clean, understated look.

Swapping out for a Turbo S front spoiler / rear diffuser, or getting model-variant exclusive wheels, those are on the other end of the spectrum, and a bit more questionable in my opinion.

At the most extreme end, would anybody be shameless enough to put a Turbo/S or GTS insignia on a lesser variant?

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
On the spectrum of ‘pretending to be something else’, changing the wheel arch trim is no dig deal IMO. It’s more cosmetic, more like getting a wrap to achieve an unavailable color.

I opted for model designation insignia removal on my CT4 - not because I want it to be ambiguous as to which model I have, but because I want a clean, understated look.

Swapping out for a Turbo S front spoiler / rear diffuser, or getting model-variant exclusive wheels, those are on the other end of the spectrum, and a bit more questionable in my opinion.

At the most extreme end, would anybody be shameless enough to put a Turbo/S or GTS insignia on a lesser variant?
Maybe I was reasoning to far. But gloss black is exclusively for the Turbo S. Although probably only Taycan CT owners and forum ethousiast will know. Other might question the fact there is a Turbo badge on an electric car even more.

I also debadged my 4 CT. For the clean look.

For those that really know something about Taycans, they know it is a 4 when having the non red brakes , the Turbo and TS have a different front spoiler.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
For those that really know something about Taycans, they know it is a 4 when having the non red brakes , the Turbo and TS have a different front spoiler.
Agreed. Among the Porsche-trainspotting anoraks (that’s us, here on this forum! ;)) who are aware of the differences across the variants, I think repainted wheel arches are an ‘acceptable’ customization - judging from the generally positive responses to the Sport Turismo and to the tasteful mods we are discussing here.

Terrance Sig

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3, Bronco, Foxbody, 2002
Country flag

I was mentioning I liked both options.

Your interpretation is correct.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Ive seen them come gloss black straight from the factory - is it an options package that can be selected? Im building out a CT Turbo now and would ideally like to order it like this.

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Ive seen them come gloss black straight from the factory - is it an options package that can be selected? Im building out a CT Turbo now and would ideally like to order it like this.
No not from factory. Only on the Turbo S they are standard. They can order the gloss black and replace the plastic black ones at the dealer or a body shop.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
No not from factory. Only on the Turbo S they are standard. They can order the gloss black and replace the plastic black ones at the dealer or a body shop.
Thanks for posting the parts list - SUPER helpful. $750 and come primed!
Sponsored