CT alarm issue, how common is it?

Have you had issues with the alarm going off randomly?

• Total voters

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Seems like many members have issues with the alarm, so I'm interested to see how common this problem really is, and if those who had it has got it fixed (please comment below).
Sponsored

Monkeymouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, e-Golf, Austin Mini, +
Country flag
My dealer wasn't familiar with it as I got one of their first CT orders, but after a diagnosis, they have ordered a new headliner (which they said includes the interior sensor) and I'm just waiting for it to arrive to get it swapped out.

In the meantime, I just disable the interior monitoring but still deal with alarm triggers occasionally when I forget to turn it off. I usually do it with the notification on screen when shutting the car off (before opening door.) I'm pretty positive that the alarm triggered one time after I did the double tap on the fob's lock button which should also disable the security system. Haven't really messed with the nuances of the best way to turn it off.

OP
OP
DrT

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is there a way to disable the alarm more permanently?

D16RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Just sent mine to the dealer today. Took delivery of the vehicle on Sept 30 and have had 6 false alarms in the last 12 days. Of those 12 days, the false alarms were triggered approx 90% of the time as I do not lock the vehicle in my garage...so it was going off in my driveway when locked or when parked at the office.

OP
OP
DrT

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Seems like all new CT’s have this issue, wonder if they will find a solution soon, the problem has been around for months and new cars still emerge with this problem. I will receive my MY21 CT4 this thursday, I guess there is no way around if the car is affected, but the double tap seems like a pretty easy workaround for now. I guess I’ll rather have the preheat function etc through Porsche Connect than drive in guest mode only.

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is by far the worst problem to deal with on this car. I'm all for dealing with quirks and bugs, but constantly worrying about my car randomly alarming is beyond annoying. I have another thread about this since it was happening every 15 to 30 minutes after getting my Taycan 3 weeks ago. It's a miserable problem and Porsche should just push an update to allow permanent disable on Interior Monitor. I have no idea what it even does other than my make life hell and make me worry when leaving my car and locking it.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
This is by far the worst problem to deal with on this car. I'm all for dealing with quirks and bugs, but constantly worrying about my car randomly alarming is beyond annoying. I have another thread about this since it was happening every 15 to 30 minutes after getting my Taycan 3 weeks ago. It's a miserable problem and Porsche should just push an update to allow permanent disable on Interior Monitor. I have no idea what it even does other than my make life hell and make me worry when leaving my car and locking it.
Yes it’s annoying but once you know how to disable it, is it really a big deal? I’m now used to it and deactivate by PCM and double tap when locking. It’s never gone off after doing this.

More annoyed that bike rack still delayed so couldn’t take them on holiday…

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes it’s annoying but once you know how to disable it, is it really a big deal? I’m now used to it and deactivate by PCM and double tap when locking. It’s never gone off after doing this.

More annoyed that bike rack still delayed so couldn’t take them on holiday…
Having to worry about your car freaking out and sending ear piercing false alarms (and in some cases having the double click not work) isn't an acceptable long term work around or fix. Having quirks of having to always set modes for things because they aren't saved in memory upon shut down, and other software bugs/quirks I'm fine with. Having to tip toe around how to leave or something as important as LOCKING your vehicle isn't ok with no real response from Porsche on a possible move toward a long term work around or permanent fix. It's been months if not more that this is plaguing the community.

Additionally, maybe I'm a bit more sensitive for this, but having a six figure car sitting in your garage going off even when the car isn't locked and waking up your children or annoying your neighbors causing you to panic run around the house to find the keys is NOT the experience I want. Having to back of the mind worry about it randomly happening because maybe you did the Konami code solution wrong isn't cool either. :)

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Also, this is one of those perfect situations where an Over-the-air (OTA) software push for a basic 'permanent disable interior alarm' solution as a temporary software update until they find a full resolution should be leveraged by the company. The fact it hasn't yet is disappointing. At least give customers the option for a software update from a dealer to permanently disable the feature until resolved would go miles for customer experience.

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Crosss Turismo
Country flag
Hey guys sorry to hear your dealing with the CT dreaded alarm issue. I may have been the first to write in on it. Had the car 3 days (back in early September)with constant false alarms. Took back to dealer and they tried a host of fixes including swaping out the interior monitoring sensor. replacing the two central computer and re-flashing the PCM. We traced a solution to deleting the Porsche Connect app. Not sure if that is the issue but it has made a huge difference. Very rarely do I get a false alarms (only seems to happen to my wife these days) agree this seem to be specific to CT maybe something to do with interior volume of CT over standard Taycan? Of may be some bug in the software that controls ride ht as only CT has adjustable RH. Regardless I have to believe Porsche is working on a solution be it new sensors or a simple OTA update. As this is clearly a cross car issue as it is happening to cars globally. Of course if your dealer or Porsche find a solution let us know here…

ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag
Nonstop going off... very annoying. Hope Porsche can find a solution soon.

D16RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Hey guys sorry to hear your dealing with the CT dreaded alarm issue. I may have been the first to write in on it. Had the car 3 days (back in early September)with constant false alarms. Took back to dealer and they tried a host of fixes including swaping out the interior monitoring sensor. replacing the two central computer and re-flashing the PCM. We traced a solution to deleting the Porsche Connect app. Not sure if that is the issue but it has made a huge difference. Very rarely do I get a false alarms (only seems to happen to my wife these days) agree this seem to be specific to CT maybe something to do with interior volume of CT over standard Taycan? Of may be some bug in the software that controls ride ht as only CT has adjustable RH. Regardless I have to believe Porsche is working on a solution be it new sensors or a simple OTA update. As this is clearly a cross car issue as it is happening to cars globally. Of course if your dealer or Porsche find a solution let us know here…
Did you just simply remove the app from your phone or did you remove and reinstall?
Sponsored