CT alarm issue, how common is it?

Have you had issues with the alarm going off randomly?

• Total voters

Vfr750Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4 / Cayenne / Jeep Wrangler Willys
Country flag
Nope. I have a brand newly delivered 2022 4S sedan and have had this issue from the jump… sorry.
Me two....60 miles 2022 Taycan CT...
Double click on fob works to keep it quiet.
Call the dealer, first time they hear .... Really.

ab521

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan, CT4
Country flag
Brand new 2022, have the alarm issue. Double click on the key doesn’t seem to work, only thing that seems to stop it is to turn off the interior monitoring on the PCM every time I park the car. Have an appointment at the dealership on Jan 6th.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Me two....60 miles 2022 Taycan CT...
Double click on fob works to keep it quiet.
Call the dealer, first time they hear .... Really.
What does the double click do? Does it turn of the alarm?

OP
OP
DrT

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have not yet had this issue on my MY21 CT4. I have not installed the app at all, but have logged in to my profile in the PCM. I’m also reluctant to try the app until there is a complete fix.

jimtoniq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
This is the only really annoying issue I have with this otherwise wonderful car. Porsche Stuttgart is fully aware of the issue and is working highest priority on this. Not all CT are affected and it is a rather sporadic issue which makes it hard for them to find the root cause. Even my own car was at the the dealership for 4 days and didn’t show the problem once.

Official workaround from the factory is to disable the interior alarm monitor. You can do this by unchecking the checkbox in the PCM after turning off the car or do the double click when locking the car. Here you need to find the correct interval. If you doubleclick too fast the turnindicators will show one long blink, which is wrong and does not turn off the interior alarm. It is rather a slow consecutive click with half a second delay between the two clicks. The car should confirm by blinking short, short, long. Only then you have reliably turned off the interior monitor and the false alarm will not be triggered.

I will receive an update on the overall progress mid of December.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
This is the only really annoying issue I have with this otherwise wonderful car. Porsche Stuttgart is fully aware of the issue and is working highest priority on this. Not all CT are affected and it is a rather sporadic issue which makes it hard for them to find the root cause. Even my own car was at the the dealership for 4 days and didn’t show the problem once.

Official workaround from the factory is to disable the interior alarm monitor. You can do this by unchecking the checkbox in the PCM after turning off the car or do the double click when locking the car. Here you need to find the correct interval. If you doubleclick too fast the turnindicators will show one long blink, which is wrong and does not turn off the interior alarm. It is rather a slow consecutive click with half a second delay between the two clicks. The car should confirm by blinking short, short, long. Only then you have reliably turned off the interior monitor and the false alarm will not be triggered.

I will receive an update on the overall progress mid of December.
Safest is through PCM. Double click only has not always worked for me (possibly due to the reason you give)

Thorgal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90T8 - Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
According to our dealer until now for them all of the MY22 Sedans and CT's are affected. I didn't ask about MY21. Porsche is working hard on a solution and he expects that we'll be contacted when a fix is available.

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Crosss Turismo
Country flag
Guys,
Sorry to hear so many of you guys are dealing with the alarm issue. I dropped a note on here a few days after receiving my car in September. The car spent 3+ wks at dealer ( great experience @ Porsche of Irvine) and they diagnosed it as being some how related to Porsche connect app. A friend who is electronics engineer at Mazda where I worked said often times there is a bug in the “panic mode” code on the app. I have deleted the app and I have only had one false alarm since( 2 mos.). That said its very possible it’s something to do with interior sensors( which I had replaced as well but didn’t solve the problem) so who knows.
I would try deleting the app until such time Porsche has an official comment/fix for it .Clearly this is a problem Porsche should be working on as it is really pretty annoying for any vehicle owner.
SR

JuTheKi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 2022, RR P400e LWB 2018 "fully loaded"
Country flag
I have had My CT4 for two weeks now and the daily problem annoys much. Contacted two days ago service manager at The dealer and he said that it is a known problem and fixing it has highest priority at Porsche, what ever bs that ever means...

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Guys,
Sorry to hear so many of you guys are dealing with the alarm issue. I dropped a note on here a few days after receiving my car in September. The car spent 3+ wks at dealer ( great experience @ Porsche of Irvine) and they diagnosed it as being some how related to Porsche connect app. A friend who is electronics engineer at Mazda where I worked said often times there is a bug in the “panic mode” code on the app. I have deleted the app and I have only had one false alarm since( 2 mos.). That said its very possible it’s something to do with interior sensors( which I had replaced as well but didn’t solve the problem) so who knows.
I would try deleting the app until such time Porsche has an official comment/fix for it .Clearly this is a problem Porsche should be working on as it is really pretty annoying for any vehicle owner.
SR
deleting the apps had no effect for me. I’ve removed them all from my phone and still today have the issue, sadly.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
I got my car a week ago and have the same problem. Not a good start.

perski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche C2S, CT4
Country flag
The Porsche center here in Norway will turn off the interior alarm permanently if you ask them to (after you sign that you wont blame them if someone breaks into your car). While not optimal, it's at least more convenient than constantly having to double press the key.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I have had the alarm issue since day one. Mine seems to happen on an incline (my driveway which is not a very big incline). Others said theirs goes off in their flat garage. Double click the FOB lock button disables the interior alarm. This works, but if you unlock and get something out of the car and relock it, sometimes it turns the interior alarm back on.

I have also turned off the interior alarm in the PCM. The car just randomly turns it back on. I even check the "ask" me each time. You have to not open your driver door and wait for the reminder on the PCM. Sometimes the box for the interior alarm is checked and other times it is not. You have to touch it and turn it off. If you open the driver door after powering off the car, the PCM shuts down so you do not get the question. If you do that, double click the FOB. There are some other issues when you walk by the car and it unlocks and relocks, the interior alarm gets reactivated; sometimes.

Emailed Porsche and they are supposedly working on it.

Someone said it was a minor inconvenience. I agree, but what is an issue is when it goes off and you are not near the car. We were at our local sports bar watching football and my alarm started going off. Luckily, I can unlock the car from the app which stops the alarm, but that leaves the car unlocked. At least I could disable the alarm that is going off driving the neighbors crazy, but my car is unlocked.

Also, why does the app not announce the alarm is going off? I believe it did when I first got the car, but now it does not. I have notifications turned on for the app in my phone (advises me when my AC has the car chilled before I leaving in the morning, or charging complete). Nothing ever regarding the alarm.
Sponsored