CT alarm issue, how common is it?

Have you had issues with the alarm going off randomly?

• Total voters

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
I double click lock all the time and the only time that fails and I get an alarm is when I’m recharging and maybe at the end of the charge - happened yesterday and try to only charge during the day.
Sponsored

jdrei

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Recharging the car activates the interior alarm, so you have to deactivate the alarm when you start charging.

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Told my dealer about the problem (and workaround) and they want to keep the car for a few days to diagnose and fix. I get a Taycan loan car, will be interesting to see what options are on it...

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
I talked to my SA about this issue today. She said there is no fix yet but when Porsche does determine the fix there will be a campaign notification and we will be sent a letter for the fix.

Dulcinea

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT turbo S
Country flag
My dealer physicially disconnected a wire between the sensor and the car. Now I am on the waiting list for a new console.

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
My dealer physicially disconnected a wire between the sensor and the car. Now I am on the waiting list for a new console.
Would you happen to know which wire/sensor it is?

I suspect it's this red one above the mirror:
Porsche Taycan CT alarm issue, how common is it? ss (2022-01-18 at 11.25.22)

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I saw several posts on the Belgian Facebook group about the alarm issue being fixed by replacing a sensor in the roof. Apparently Porsche will do a call back to replace all faulty sensors. It is a combined hardware and software problem. My car didn’t go I production yet. Moved from 4 feb to 24 feb. Dealer says it has always been 24 but I am sure he said 4 because for 24/2 I wouldn’t have been able to take it on winter holidays and I wouldn’t have ordered winter tires yet. Anyway I hope I will get a car without the alarm issue and hope is near for everyone having it.

ChronoMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT
Country flag
That thread appears to be discussing a bluetooth error, and the part replace by the dealer in that discussion appears to be this:
Porsche Taycan CT alarm issue, how common is it? G91163710400

In the meantime, I really dont want to visit the dealer again until they actually contact me to say have a fix for this or the next scheduled service, so can anyone post how to disconnect the sensor or tape it up (if that works)??

nikc

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo
Country flag
That thread appears to be discussing a bluetooth error, and the part replace by the dealer in that discussion appears to be this:
G91163710400.jpg

In the meantime, I really dont want to visit the dealer again until they actually contact me to say have a fix for this or the next scheduled service, so can anyone post how to disconnect the sensor or tape it up (if that works)??
The Bluetooth error occurred *after* they replaced the interior sensor (and appears unrelated).

The interior sensor replacement part is PAB951172 according to my dealer, and that's the part that fixes the "alarm goes off when there's no one near the car" problem.

They said there were only 20 of that part in Switzerland and the dealership had 2 of them.

Too early to tell whether or not it does fix the problem.

Jackson

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 640d, CT4
Country flag
Just picked my CT4 and I have the same issue. It is ridiculous for the car of its value.
I hope double click will solve this temporarily. :(((

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Crosss Turismo
Country flag
Hey Guys,
Congrats on your new CT. I got mine in September and the first week sucked as the alarm kept going off. I took the car in and they replaced a couple computers (screens would go black) but still had the alarm issue. I double click now which seems to work 99% of the time. I still believe it has something to do with the App talking to the car. When I first got the car I got a notifiaction every 2 hrs about air conditioning being completed followed up by alarm has triggered. Once I deleted the app of my phone (pretty useless anyway for the most part) and put the car in Prvacy Mode I haven’t had a problem. I don’t like the idea of yanking a sensor especially more so showing people how to do it themselves As a former automotive Designer I can. Tell you that many features are connected to the same circuit or bus/communication line and you could be fucking something else up. We built a race car once and we removed the windshield sensor behind rear view mirror and we couldn’t start the car so word of caution don’t try to be a backyard mechanic with this car it may make things worse.
SR

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
My car has been at the dealer for 6 days now to rectify this issue… yet to hear from them.
Sponsored