First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT4S
Country flag
Hi All,

I'm looking at the CT at the moment and one of the big issues for me is the space. I have a family of 4 with 2 little ones under 3 and with the current world holidays in the UK will be all we do so driving for a week or two away and a car load of stuff! Is anyone here using the car as a main family car and finding it ok or too small?

I already have a roof box which I'd use for the holiday trips so that helps a lot. For normal day to day and weekends away I wouldn't have the box on so just the boot would need to handle a double buggy (I've tested it and it fits but won't get much more around it but can pile on top) and a bag or two.

Last thing on my mind is how does the cabin feel with two big car seats installed? Anyone got 360 style turning car seats installed?
Sponsored

jlee504

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
targa gts
Country flag
It’s a tight car for a family of four as a primary family car, if you already have something else bigger it’s fine.
the cargo area with the back seats up isn’t that big and the rear seat legroom isn’t that much.

im a family of two and with carpool it’s tight.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
I dont think it should be a problem. I have a 4S sedan and have a 6 year old and new born, and the little ones have plenty of space back there.

I'm switching over to a CT4 shortly, specifically for the added practicality so it will only get better for them. The CT was meant to be toured around.

I've road tripped my sedan with 4 adults (my wife and her two just barely above 5 foot friends), and they had no issues in the back seat for a 7 hour road trip.

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
Think you should be good. We currently have a cayenne but have a ct4 on order. We have the 360 wicked seats (which are brilliant btw) and we think it should easily fit especially as the taycan is a little longer than the cayenne believe it or not

285kph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW X5 - 2021 Taycan - 2022 BMW X5 45e
Country flag
I think it's important to take replies from the US with a grain of salt - here everything that doesn't look like a small house on wheels is unsuitable as family transport. For a family with 2 kids, there's more than enough legroom in the rear, small kids are not going to complain about the headroom either and if now and then you have to squeeze your road trip gear a bit, that's not a tragedy (although I must admit that for long road-trips we'll use one of our X5s rather than the Taycan).

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
Hi, i have the CT and it’s more then ok with 4 in it. Mine are 4&7 years old.
they have space enough. Also for longer trips and with the highervseats for them in the car. Just go for it.

gtr_skyline

First Name
Prashan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo (on order)
Country flag
Great to see this post - I've just ordered a CT4S for a family of 4 - 7 year old and an 8 month old baby - replacing my wife's 2016 Range Rover Sport - was a tough job to convince the wife the CT would suit us - ordered the roof rails as backup - fingers crossed its ok - 1 year to wait.....thanks for the reassurance

OP
OP
Rusk

Rusk

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT4S
Country flag
Great to see this post - I've just ordered a CT4S for a family of 4 - 7 year old and an 8 month old baby - replacing my wife's 2016 Range Rover Sport - was a tough job to convince the wife the CT would suit us - ordered the roof rails as backup - fingers crossed its ok - 1 year to wait.....thanks for the reassurance
I placed my order a couple of days ago! I'm coming from a Jag F-Pace so very similar size to you and the biggest hurdle was convincing the wife it would fit us all in. I went with roof rails too as I think a box will be on fairly regularly!

KK84

First Name
Karol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Taycan 4 Cross Turismo (on order)
Country flag
I am using my CT4 as a main family car for a family of 3 (with 3yo) and it has more than sufficient boot/space, however wanted the new car to be futureproofed for family of 4. Adding additional childseat and some additional luggage should be fine. My only concern is the stroller, however it should be good as long as you do not have to pack 2 of them (in which case even bigger boots are too small anyway). As an alternative scenario - just remember to order roofrails.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
If your family depends on the cargo space of the RR to carry a bunch of family shit, be warned the CT won't even come close to that kind of cargo capacity. Hopefully that detail won't piss off your wife too much.

AnloTaycan2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Don't forget that a roof box will reduce your autonomy as it will cause a lot of drag. I have not seen however by how much it would be reduced.

OP
OP
Rusk

Rusk

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT4S
Country flag
The funny thing is when I put the roof box on my Jaguar F-Pace I see no real difference in range / mpg. Now it is a 5.0 V8 so 10% loss on not very much in the first place probably isn’t noticeable. Maybe it will be more profound in the Taycan?

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
The funny thing is when I put the roof box on my Jaguar F-Pace I see no real difference in range / mpg. Now it is a 5.0 V8 so 10% loss on not very much in the first place probably isn’t noticeable. Maybe it will be more profound in the Taycan?
Aero matters even more for EV range & efficiency than it does for ICE vehicles.
Sponsored