CT Owners - Plastic Fender Covers: Request of you to your service advisor or body shop

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Hi all - I and a few others have posted a number of threads here on removal of the black plastic trims on our CT fenders.

I am posting this request to see if we can get straight answers as to how these pieces are attached to our cars (mine has not arrived yet!).
@Klepper provided a wee glimpse when he was swapping out the side markers and it certainly looks as though they might be held on with 3M tape but better still, that the paint and clear coat seem to be fully there underneath.

If indeed true and no screws, clips etc are used to mar the paint surface it may well be more than possible to simply remove these, install sedan profile side markers and essentially convert you CT to a "Sport Turismo" (along with lowering links :)!).

So could I ask that you to put a request into your service rep/SA/body shop at your dealership to see if they can provide an answer as to how they are attached? The body shop folk at least must have info on this as in any sort of fender bender etc. they might have to replace/re-install these items. I have a request into my dealership and waiting on a response - figure the more folk who ask the higher probability we'll get to an answer (before my car arrives :)!)

I did mange to get the part no.s for the Turbo S smoothed/primed fender covers and they do not appear to be associated with screws/clips but TBC.

Example of thread I posted earlier on these plastic fender covers:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...s-sport-painted-arches.5954/page-4#post-87933

Thanks in advance!
Cheers, C.
Sponsored

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
I don't have an answer for you as I'm waiting on a December delivery. However, removing the black arches is one of the first things I plan to do when I get it. I even ordered the ORDP to hide the step where the arches meet the lower bumpers and side skirts.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't have an answer for you as I'm waiting on a December delivery. However, removing the black arches is one of the first things I plan to do when I get it. I even ordered the ORDP to hide the step where the arches meet the lower bumpers and side skirts.
Yep - a lot discussed on options here in the attached thread above - specifically, there is one pic where you can clearly see that the extension of the fender plastic seems to overlay on to the original sill that itself extends to the fender edge i.e. they appear to be separate pieces - so again with the hope that once the fender overlay is removed you'd have no new piece to install/replace.

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
That was smart, why didn’t I think of that! Mine’s in the Atlantic on its way to California now, damn

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OK brain fart - ORDP? - OH, nevermind, got it - Off Road Design Package. :) I'm not sure you are going to need this again referencing the observation in the pic.

Here is what I was referring to copied from a post I made on the above thread:

Porsche Taycan CT Owners - Plastic Fender Covers: Request of you to your service advisor or body shop wheel 2-1

Last edited:

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
OK brain fart - ORDP?

wheel 2-1.png
ORDP=Off road design package

I saw those pics in the other thread. I don't think the lower bumper has a separate piece on top of the base. I think it's one piece. Again, haven't seen it in person but that's what those pics appear to me. If there was a separate piece, then I would expect that you would see it extend below the base piece to be secured. The CT also has CT specific front and rear bumper lower sections which further convinces me they would not be add on pieces.

You would still be left with a step on the side sills as those are clearly one piece and CT specific. But I looked up side sills for a Panamera and they were in the $400 (ready to paint) region so not a huge investment if you want to get the regular sills to complete the look.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
ORDP=Off road design package

I saw those pics in the other thread. I don't think the lower bumper has a separate piece on top of the base. I think it's one piece. Again, haven't seen it in person but that's what those pics appear to me. If there was a separate piece, then I would expect that you would see it extend below the base piece to be secured. The CT also has CT specific front and rear bumper lower sections which further convinces me they would not be add on pieces.

You would still be left with a step on the side sills as those are clearly one piece and CT specific. But I looked up side sills for a Panamera and they were in the $400 (ready to paint) region so not a huge investment if you want to get the regular sills to complete the look.
Yep figured out ORDP - more caffeine needed :) I will be looking at a forum members car tomorrow and hopefully get a better idea as to what is going on there and agreed, if putting a new sill/skirt on is the solution I'd have no prob with that either although a project!

Last edited:

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Yep figured out ORDP - more caffeine needed :) I will be looking at a forum members car tomorrow and hopefully get a better idea as to what is going on there and agreed, if putting a new sill/skirt on is the solution I'd have no prob with at either.
Of a CT? Post some pics up please if you do!

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
OK brain fart - ORDP? - OH, nevermind, got it - Off Road Design Package. :) I'm not sure you are going to need this again referencing the observation in the pic.

wheel 2-1.png
I just took a look at my car. I don’t believe the annotation in the above pic is correct. The wheel arch trim does not overlap the bottom, horizontal piece. Here are some quick pics:
Porsche Taycan CT Owners - Plastic Fender Covers: Request of you to your service advisor or body shop arch1
Porsche Taycan CT Owners - Plastic Fender Covers: Request of you to your service advisor or body shop arch2

Same at the rear:
Porsche Taycan CT Owners - Plastic Fender Covers: Request of you to your service advisor or body shop arch3a

Porsche Taycan CT Owners - Plastic Fender Covers: Request of you to your service advisor or body shop arch3

Last edited:
OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just took a look at my car. I don’t believe the annotation in the above pic is correct. The wheel arch trim does not overlap the bottom, horizontal piece. Here are some quick pics:
Ah - thanks for sharing - that really does look different to the stock photo I posted above - looks like a wider piece than in the pic but maybe angles and indeed kinked not overlapping. So looks like you either replace the skirt/sill etc for a flush look if the uppers come off clean but begins to be a project with bumpers and personally don't want to add plastic to hide 'steps' via the ORDP, not for me.

Seems simpler to just go back to the original plan of painting the plastic - I am leaning toward purchasing the primed Turbo S pieces (vs sanding mine) and painting body color - and I really do like the idea of this look vs trying to mimic a sedan look.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Man, this original concept shown at Geneva in 2018 in some respects looks better than the final design! It also has the smoother plastic wheel arch covers akin to the Turbo S model (which I guess this prob was). The ORDP pieces here are almost tolerable :)

More pics here:
https://www.guideautoweb.com/en/art...ion-e-cross-turismo-fully-electric-crossover/

Porsche Taycan CT Owners - Plastic Fender Covers: Request of you to your service advisor or body shop CT 2018 concept

Wish we had the concept's mirrors!

For comparison - perhaps subtle but prefer concept's plastic!:

Porsche Taycan CT Owners - Plastic Fender Covers: Request of you to your service advisor or body shop turbo s

Last edited:
OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@bsclywilly @Klepper

So the other reason I thought they were separate pieces (overlapping the skirt) was the parts diagram provided by Suncoast via Klepper's VIN for replacing the pieces with the Turbo S primed arch cover pieces - in the parts dig. you can see that the front arch covers have 4 pieces so the lowest (near door) would appear to be that which is not separate on Klepper's car or am I missing something? I wonder does the Turbo S have a different style skirt? With the basal piece being part of the skirt I only see 3 attachments for the front wheel on the CT in my build, correct? Odd!

Porsche Taycan CT Owners - Plastic Fender Covers: Request of you to your service advisor or body shop pastedImage

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Here’s another picture. I only count 3 pieces. I am not sure why the parts diagrams shows 4.

Anyways, you can check it out in person in a few hours @ciaranob !

Porsche Taycan CT Owners - Plastic Fender Covers: Request of you to your service advisor or body shop arch4a
Sponsored