CT Owners - Plastic Fender Covers: Request of you to your service advisor or body shop

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Here’s another picture. I only count 3 pieces:

View attachment 20394
Indeed - that parts diagram a bit of a mystery - need to find that poster who has the black Turbo S CT to look at his fender-skirt ....

found it:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/taycan-turbo-s-cross-turismo-delivered.5957/

If you really zoom in (better to go to orig thread) do you see poss. two breaks here akin to what the parts diagram is suggesting - would mean the Turbo s setup would indeed be different! .. or is the ORDP just different?

Need to ask him!

Porsche Taycan CT Owners - Plastic Fender Covers: Request of you to your service advisor or body shop turbo s
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Also curious about the side ultrasonic park distance sensors. Those would likely need to be replaced with sedan parts as well as long as the mounting in the bumper is the same.
My heart is still set on removing the plastic arches rather than paint..

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Would be interesting to see how it looks with the plastic arches removed completely

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Would be interesting to see how it looks with the plastic arches removed completely
Absolutely but as another poster mentioned the baseboard/sills are a one piece unit as are front/rear bumpers that have receiving 'slots' for the fender arch plastic surrounds.

So when you remove the fender arches you will be left with step-outs with elongate holes that you'd need to deal with somehow. Could get very expensive if for example you wanted to install a sedan piece to replace them (assuming it fit) etc.

I do believe that the body is fully painted and clear coated under these plastic fender covers i.e. just held there with 3M tape - so technically should be able to polish it back to new. Perhaps just plugging the small narrow receiving slots on the baseboard/sill might look OK - but as you say, would need to see them off to determine a good solution. If that worked you'd also need to get the sedan white Euro side markers not the CT side markers if you had planned to swap them out.

murphy12345

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Indeed - that parts diagram a bit of a mystery - need to find that poster who has the black Turbo S CT to look at his fender-skirt ....

found it:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/taycan-turbo-s-cross-turismo-delivered.5957/

If you really zoom in (better to go to orig thread) do you see poss. two breaks here akin to what the parts diagram is suggesting - would mean the Turbo s setup would indeed be different! .. or is the ORDP just different?

Need to ask him!

turbo s.jpeg
@ciaranob did you ever get an answer on that mystery part? I only count 3 pieces for the front arches vs 4 pieces as described by the schematics

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@ciaranob did you ever get an answer on that mystery part? I only count 3 pieces for the front arches vs 4 pieces as described by the schematics
Unfortunately my car is still not back from custom shop (will be between now and Friday) so I can't look at mine in person however in browsing my pics of my car I still see very clearly only 3 pieces per arch.

Throwing in a few pics below from when the car arrived off the boat and was being inspected at the dealership i.e. raw OEM look bef. I painted arches etc as it is very clear re the three pieces only on my 4S front and back:

three main pieces on the from arch, from fromnt to back you have 2 large pieces either side of side marker and one smaller piece.

The two apparent equally sized 'smallest' pieces of similar size on either side that extend from the side skirt are in fact part to the skirt molding i.e. they are not separate pieces as it might seem from the pics.

Porsche Taycan CT Owners - Plastic Fender Covers: Request of you to your service advisor or body shop Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 2.41.00 PM

Another view of the front arch with again only 3 pieces above the skirt line.

Porsche Taycan CT Owners - Plastic Fender Covers: Request of you to your service advisor or body shop Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 2.42.13 PM

And here's the rear arch view - again 3 pieces above the skirt line with smaller piece separating two larger pieces.

Porsche Taycan CT Owners - Plastic Fender Covers: Request of you to your service advisor or body shop Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 2.41.32 PM

And another view of the continuous skirt mold (vs what at first might appear to be a separate piece a the skirt level - that gap was fixed!)

Porsche Taycan CT Owners - Plastic Fender Covers: Request of you to your service advisor or body shop Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 2.42.36 PM

murphy12345

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Unfortunately my car is still not back from custom shop (will be between now and Friday) so I can't look at mine in person however in browsing my pics of my car I still see very clearly only 3 pieces per arch.
@ciaranob Thx.
The porsche dealer sent me 4 pieces for the front wheel arches. Here is a pic with the original piece.

Porsche Taycan CT Owners - Plastic Fender Covers: Request of you to your service advisor or body shop IMG_3418

Here is the pic with smaller vs the original
Porsche Taycan CT Owners - Plastic Fender Covers: Request of you to your service advisor or body shop IMG_3420

What I may do is use the original piece and sand it down to smooth finish

I found this website that I shared with the dealer: https://www.porscheatlantaperimeter...ukey_driveline=0&ukey_trimlevel=0&modelYear=0

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@ciaranob Thx.
The porsche dealer sent me 4 pieces for the front wheel arches. Here is a pic with the original piece.

IMG_3418.jpg

Here is the pic with smaller vs the original
That is so odd - did he match your VIN against the parts being ordered as clearly they are not right for your CT, correct? You really ought to have that dealer swap out what you got with the proper kit.

And then the obvious question is what the heck does this 4-part kit fit?! - was not aware that any model (w/o the ORDP) had anything different re sizing of the parts (other than parking sensors being fit or not) on the arches - are you?

@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag

Visceral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 Turbo S. Spyder and CT4S on the way
Country flag
Did the Cross Turismo forum disappear, or have I lost it, or am I blind?

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did the Cross Turismo forum disappear, or have I lost it, or am I blind?
OK thats weird - we have an Audi Etron Forum but no Cross Turismo Forum - have we been hacked :)!
Sponsored