CT Rattle Fix from Rear Trunk - How-To

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
In case you hear interior rattling from the trunk area:

Here is one that had me fooled for a bit - fortunately have no issues as yet with any rattles in my CT except that after about 1 week of use I noticed a really annoying rattle from the rear (even that origin uncertain at first given the acoustics in the car!).

Had my wife sit back there and sure enough when I told her to try to press down on the rear trunk privacy tray, the rattle went away.

Issue was staring me in the face (literally) when fiddling with attachments there to see what it could be and for the first time noticed the rubber feet on the base of the raised portion of the privacy tray (the piece that angles up on opening of the rear trunk).

I had previously messed about in the trunk with various features including the bag hooks built in on the sides and by default (or so I had thought) with trunk open had set them back to closed or flush with body (was testing the LUNO mattress fit at the time and did not want them catching on anything).

So after seeing the rubber feet on the raised privacy tray cover, of course I immediately realized you should leave these hooks open by default as a foot base for the tray - Doh!

Did that, test dove and was returned to a state of peace and serenity :)

Apologies - long winded account for a simple mistake but something that can be easily overlooked (at least by me!).

Rubber 'feet' on base of rear trunk privacy tray that should sit on opened bag hook seen below:
Porsche Taycan CT Rattle Fix from Rear Trunk - How-To IMG_4751

Another view of the bag hook in open the position:
Porsche Taycan CT Rattle Fix from Rear Trunk - How-To IMG_4750

Last edited:

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
Thanks. I am having the same issue. Didnt have it when I picked up my car. Now i realize that i closed the bag hook, wondering why it was left open.

BROUbrou09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S, Audi e-tron
Country flag
Me too! Took me a bit to figure out that the bag hooks were also the stabilizers for the privacy tray. I couldn't find any reference in the manual to this trick, but maybe I missed it.

Pauhana99

First Name
JDF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S (December) Audi Etron, Jeep Gladiator.
Country flag
This post saved me a trip to the dealer! I was going nuts trying to figure out where the rattle was coming from. I thought the roof was loose. Saw this post, sure enough I too had pushed in those bag holder hooks thinking they should closed.

swejs

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster S; Skoda Superb; Taycan 4S CT ordered
Country flag
Super. I have this too but my hooks were folded in on delivery so I left them there. You’ve likely saved me £290GBP for an hours inspection refundable only if the fix is under warranty!! I’ll try them open tomorrow! 😁

swejs

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster S; Skoda Superb; Taycan 4S CT ordered
Country flag
Super. I have this too but my hooks were folded in on delivery so I left them there. You’ve likely saved me £290GBP for an hours inspection refundable only if the fix is under warranty!! I’ll try them open tomorrow! 😁
All quiet now. Amazing. Thanks

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
Unfortunately this did not fix the rattle on my new CT. I removed the privacy tray completely to confirm.

Before I go to the dealer, wondering if anyone else has/had a metallic rattle from somewhere in the rear trunk? Sounds almost like loose change when driving over rough pavement. I can't pinpoint where it's coming from other than somewhere behind the rear seats.

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Unfortunately this did not fix the rattle on my new CT. I removed the privacy tray completely to confirm.

Before I go to the dealer, wondering if anyone else has/had a metallic rattle from somewhere in the rear trunk? Sounds almost like loose change when driving over rough pavement. I can't pinpoint where it's coming from other than somewhere behind the rear seats.
I have an issue that might be related to yours. It sounds more like a chirping noise when going over larger bumps. Loose striker plate. Dealer has the car now and hoping they come to the same conclusion. See video below.

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
I have an issue that might be related to yours. It sounds more like a chirping noise when going over larger bumps. Loose striker plate. Dealer has the car now and hoping they come to the same conclusion. See video below.
Was afriad it might be that. Let me know how it turns out for you.

jonbek

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Amazing. I opened the rear once, saw the hooks open, closed them, and then drove away with a new rattle. This post... thank you! :)

$cooter

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo
Country flag
I also have the issue with a rattling noise from the tailgate area when driving on uneven surfaces or going over bumps.
I found a thread in a Macan forum suggesting to adjust the tailgate tension and make the tailgate slightly more snug. Anyone who have tried this or have an idea where to adjust it on the Taycan CT?

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I also have the issue with a rattling noise from the tailgate area when driving on uneven surfaces or going over bumps.
I found a thread in a Macan forum suggesting to adjust the tailgate tension and make the tailgate slightly more snug. Anyone who have tried this or have an idea where to adjust it on the Taycan CT?
I have not but, just to be sure, you have ruled out a loose privacy tray or other object(s) in the rear cargo area first, correct? I'd go as far as to remove the tray completely from the car and anything you might have in the hidden storage etc. to ensure to isolate the sound - but again suspect you've done this!

I'm very much a DIY person but if indeed an actual door seal/fit issue, this might be something the dealership should fix i.e. a call ahead might arrange for a quick visit/turn around?

Last edited:

$cooter

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo
Country flag
Yes, have taken everything out and noise is there. Drove with the tailgate open and I am quite sure it was silent then.
Sponsored