CT Wheels (20” Turbo S Design vs 21” CT Design)

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Here’s another freeze date approaching decision dilemma!

I had settled on going with two sets of wheels:
1) 20" Taycan Turbo S Design Wheels with summer tires ($2,380 option in USA)
2) 19” Taycan S Aero Wheels with winter tires ($4601 USA Tequipment)

Rationale for the two sets vs one has been discussed well here on the forum - avoiding all round compromise in grip with all seasons, and dealing with northeast US winter roads and potholes.

Having seen the 20” Turbo S Designs in the flesh, while they are the nicest (IMO) of the 20” size, they look better in photos than in real life.
I’m wondering if I should stretch my already stretched budget and go up to the 21" Cross Turismo Design Wheels (USA $4,680) with summer tires. These wheels are aesthetically the best of the whole bunch IMO, but my Goldilocks dilemma is over the trade offs of cost, marginal range impact, ride, fragility and repair/replacement cost. Would love to hear the forum’s thoughts on these trade offs!
Sponsored

jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
I have spent months weighing all the drawbacks of the 21" CT wheels. I am still committed to that spec. IMO, the stance of the CT and the design of the wheel arches make 21" wheels a must. The 20's look great on the sedan, but somehow get lost on the CT. I also want black wheels (a matter of personal taste).

If the CT wheels are too loud or too firm (which I doubt after driving a 4S on 21's), I can always get a set of replacement 20's and sell them off. I think they will be easy to flog and in great demand for CT and sedan.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
21" wheels will be noisier and the Michelin PS 4S tyres only available on 20" are maybe the best tyres for the Taycan. When that is said, the 21" options look cooler.

OP
OP
satchurator

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
21" wheels will be noisier and the Michelin PS 4S tyres only available on 20" are maybe the best tyres for the Taycan. When that is said, the 21" options look cooler.
@oalsaker Can you tell us about the Michelin PS 4S tyres? What makes them especially good compared to what’s available on the 21’s?

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag

OP
OP
satchurator

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag

MJDCT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I originally chose 20" Turbo S design wheels but after seeing the 21" CT design wheels in the flesh I had to have them so updated my order.
Please I did as the 20" Turbo S design wheels do not help the body shape of the car.
Sponsored