JuTheKi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 2022, RR P400e LWB 2018 "fully loaded"
Country flag
I have had it for two weeks now and the experience (if I leave out the ongoing alarmcase) has been abosolutely great. I’ve had over 150 different cars in last 30 years and this one is at top five, maybe at the top. Even the power has been enough at all situations, so my plan to pick most extras instead of 4S has been good for me.

Driving and drive feeling is always spot on, and you feel very confident with the car even in icy conditions. RWS plays big part of that experience, so pick it!

I am also very happy with my choices: Ice Grey, Bordeaux Red, 20” Turbo Aero Design wheels and Vesuvius grey sills or what you call them, no Offroad pack and no roof rails. The car lookes very sporty and sleek from every angle and really stands out from other cars nearby. You get it very low or very high, and even in normal position the car looks very sport and dynamic.

14 way seats with warming, ventilation and massage: I and my wife we found very good position. Warming is great even if the car is mostly in garage, my wife loves ventilated seats and I love massage, which works great and has many options.

4+1 seats: There is plenty of room in the back and even I (190 cm or 6 foot 3) can sit behind me. My children argue who gets to sit in the middle (oldest 12 yo) and even on longer trips nobody complains. That was a positive surprise for me.

More thoughts to come especially of those other extras I picked later.
Sponsored

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
I have had it for two weeks now and the experience (if I leave out the ongoing alarmcase) has been abosolutely great. I’ve had over 150 different cars in last 30 years and this one is at top five, maybe at the top. Even the power has been enough at all situations, so my plan to pick most extras instead of 4S has been good for me.

Driving and drive feeling is always spot on, and you feel very confident with the car even in icy conditions. RWS plays big part of that experience, so pick it!

I am also very happy with my choices: Ice Grey, Bordeaux Red, 20” Turbo Aero Design wheels and Vesuvius grey sills or what you call them, no Offroad pack and no roof rails. The car lookes very sporty and sleek from every angle and really stands out from other cars nearby. You get it very low or very high, and even in normal position the car looks very sport and dynamic.

14 way seats with warming, ventilation and massage: I and my wife we found very good position. Warming is great even if the car is mostly in garage, my wife loves ventilated seats and I love massage, which works great and has many options.

4+1 seats: There is plenty of room in the back and even I (190 cm or 6 foot 3) can sit behind me. My children argue who gets to sit in the middle (oldest 12 yo) and even on longer trips nobody complains. That was a positive surprise for me.

Great report Jussi - Makes me more confident in the practicality of my CT order.

OP
OP
JuTheKi

JuTheKi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great report Jussi - Makes me more confident in the practicality of my CT order.
Love A7 too, great car. You will be surprised how similar they feel on the road. Waited my CT for 7 months and it was all worth it ?

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag

Good choice. I did the same. I also picked a lot of options on a CT4. I took away almost every option on a 4S and it was still 10.000 euro more. After Reading a lot on this forum (and avoiding the posts that say the 4s is the sweet spot) and test driving a RWD I decided I would be happier a CT4 with a lot of options. Have fun with your car ! Mine will arrive end of February.

These forums are a great help once you realize you just have to find the thread that confirms what you already knew you wanted.

OP
OP
JuTheKi

JuTheKi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good choice. I did the same. I also picked a lot of options on a CT4. I took away almost every option on a 4S and it was still 10.000 euro more. After Reading a lot on this forum (and avoiding the posts that say the 4s is the sweet spot) and test driving a RWD I decided I would be happier a CT4 with a lot of options. Have fun with your car ! Mine will arrive end of February.

These forums are a great help once you realize you just have to find the thread that confirms what you already knew you wanted.
My kickstart for the order was that I wanted every single option I need, so I was happy to leave some extra Power out for that. CT4 feels IRL as fast as My chipped Cayenne Turbo with 580 bhp and 900 nm, because The Power is there immidietaly and all The Time.

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 MK 2 MR2 GT T-Bar, 2002 Volvo S80
Country flag
Great to hear you love it. The way my lease figures worked, it made more sense for me to go for the CT4S, the monthly payment difference was very small with the same spec :like:

OP
OP
JuTheKi

JuTheKi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great to hear you love it. The way my lease figures worked, it made more sense for me to go for the CT4S, the monthly payment difference was very small with the same spec :like:
Yes, do not get me wrong I would also get any Power upgrade If money is no object ?

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
We love our CT4 (rocket wagon!) was driving home yesterday through some onramp twisties and even with all the weight it ate them super flat with no issue - in my 993 its much more involved - maybe it just being so smooth and quiet. Only option I wish we got was the massage seats for my wife - technically her fault as I asked her if she wanted anything, but now its my official fault. She does love the heated steering wheel, comfort access, 360 cam and overall rocket performance for when she has to zip to work (Nursing management and one reason was to spoil her with an EV since she works 7 - now 5 mins away from the house). We did the roof rack and got the thule bars - whislter trip with gear + 4 kids is our first big test in Jan.. sailing and hauling our yeti + gear is the big challenge on space in the spring. Amazing machine! And couldnt think of a better car for our family - dropping gas stations and always having electrons from home charging is so awesome.

phil.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
We love our CT4 (rocket wagon!) was driving home yesterday through some onramp twisties and even with all the weight it ate them super flat with no issue - in my 993 its much more involved - maybe it just being so smooth and quiet. Only option I wish we got was the massage seats for my wife - technically her fault as I asked her if she wanted anything, but now its my official fault. She does love the heated steering wheel, comfort access, 360 cam and overall rocket performance for when she has to zip to work (Nursing management and one reason was to spoil her with an EV since she works 7 - now 5 mins away from the house). We did the roof rack and got the thule bars - whislter trip with gear + 4 kids is our first big test in Jan.. sailing and hauling our yeti + gear is the big challenge on space in the spring. Amazing machine! And couldnt think of a better car for our family - dropping gas stations and always having electrons from home charging is so awesome.

phil.
I also wanted the massage seats but it is not possible with the 18 way seats unfortunately.

OP
OP
JuTheKi

JuTheKi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

phil.
It is amazing,that you can drive through curves with ridiculous speed ab no effort at all. Heated se very good and fast, comfort Access and 360 ease up living ?, soft close doors is not an option yet, hope they get it in The future. Happy Miles to you and your family, in The end it is all your fault anyway ??

MAVG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 4s (going); MY22 CT 4s (on order)

I'd be curious to know which ones made the top 5! Please post them!

I too change cars often and will swap a 4s with a 4s CT (so far without seeingthe ST I thing the CT feels like the winner). I have always been into SUVs so get a bit of cold feet thinking I will miss SUVs as the family car but think the CT is a good mix of "supercar" with "suv" if that makes sense at all :)

@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
Love A7 too, great car. You will be surprised how similar they feel on the road. Waited my CT for 7 months and it was all worth it ?
This actually struck me on my first testdrive of the CT4 as well...how simmilar it in many ways felt like the A7 :)

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I have had it for two weeks now and the experience (if I leave out the ongoing alarmcase) has been abosolutely great. I’ve had over 150 different cars in last 30 years
"Over 150 cars in 30 years" averages to less than 10 weeks of ownership per car, assuming you have just one car at a time. That beats even Steve Jobs who switched cars every 6 months to avoid having to put plates on the car. So, are you going to sell it in 2 months, or do you keep a stable of cars (having 15+ cars at a all times on 3 year leases would also make the math work)? I am curious how you amassed owning over 150 cars in 30 years. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
JuTheKi

JuTheKi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'd be curious to know which ones made the top 5! Please post them!

I too change cars often and will swap a 4s with a 4s CT (so far without seeingthe ST I thing the CT feels like the winner). I have always been into SUVs so get a bit of cold feet thinking I will miss SUVs as the family car but think the CT is a good mix of "supercar" with "suv" if that makes sense at all :)
CT really is the absolute mix of both worlds. You could even have two CT:s with different approach: suvalike with offroad package, roof rack and bike and sportscaralike like mine?.

It feels today, that the honorary top 5 ( or a bit more) is (not in order), many great cars besides them but these are the ones in my mind:

Mercedes SL55 AMG 2003. The European hotrod with great motor, chassis and appeal. Sounds to kill for and pulls away like an EV. And you still get the roof off!

Porsche Cayenne Turbo 2011. Black is the only color. The king of everything. ”Get the f**k out of my way…” All Cayennes are great.

Maserati Ghibli D 2019, with Sport package and Skyhook dampers. in right colour stunning looks from any angle. Razor sharp driving with nimbleness and unique feel. And you can take family with you, too ?

Audi’s: S5 Cabriolet 2011, A7 Biturbo 2012, A8 Diesel V8 2011. All Audi’s have been great, I like them better than BMW’s and Merc’s And I never thought it would be so.

Honorable mentions: roadsters: SLK 3.2 AMG 2001, S2000 2001, All my TT’s (had every generation), Boxster S 2001. So much fun for so little money compared.

Still, I think Taycan Cross Turismo is better than any of those and combines diffenent car types best with no compromizes. Nr 1!
Sponsored