andrew1cohen

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tayvan GTS, June BMW M4 Convert, Audi, Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Hi all: I talked to my rep at Porsche today. I let her know I could not take delivery of my GTS. She said I was her second just today. We talked about me switching to a CT4, which both my wife and I like. I'm just a little worried about the acceleration of the CT4.

For those with RWD Taycans and CT4's, what do you think of the acceleration and performance of the car?

It's quite heavy and I'm a little worried I'll be disappointed with the performance. For reference, I'm switching from a BWM M4 Convertable.

Thanks!
Sponsored

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
I have a CT4 and love it. No issues with the acceleration and I am moving over from a Panamera Turbo,

Reactions: B61

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
CT4 feels faster in every day driving than a more powerful ICE car due to no transmission and instant torque. You are thrust back in your seat off the line but it feels quite a bit slower for passing on the highway. Handling is better than your M4 on the streets while also being much more compliant and less jarring when hitting bumps or imperfect pavement.

Where are you located? Maybe you can hop a ride with a forum member this week.

PetroK

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX, Porsche Taycan 4CT
Country flag
I have CT4 and BMW iX, BMW feels a bit quicker. I love car overall, but I think GTS is probably sweetest spot price/performance

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
We have a CT4 - i drove a RWD and Turbo at the PEC, so the extremes around it :) I think it will be plenty fast - when you step on it, it goes like no ICE can! The only thing you will be missing is your head hurting a bit - the turbo really made you feel like you crossed your eyes too long! I dont regret and would rather put the difference to something else (like solar panels on my roof!)

The one big thing with the taycan is that everything else is pretty much the same. I usually recommend the S trims for Porsches as you get suspension and a tighter, more athletic feel - not with the taycan! example is the Cayenne vs Cayenne S - the base feels like a big truck.. the S is so much more alive in all departments!

phil.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
My received her CT4 last December. After driving it all winter, when it warmed up enough, I brought my 991.2 GT3 out of winter hibernation. First few minutes driving the car, I thought it was slow, just no low end torque compared to the CT4. The CT4 is a blast to drive, sure there's times I wish it had a bit more power. We did a long test drive of an S and I was worried the CT4 wouldn't be fast enough. Rolling passing seems to be the same or so close I can't even tell.

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
I have a RWD and came from an F80 m3.
I do not wish I had more power. I do wish it wasn’t so heavy. I’m not able to take the same corners with the Taycan that I did with my m3. Not to say the Taycan can’t handle the corner well or isn’t fun to drive - just know that you will feel the weight difference vs the m4.

other than that, I don’t miss anything from the m3

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I do not wish I had more power. I do wish it wasn’t so heavy. I’m not able to take the same corners with the Taycan that I did with my m3. Not to say the Taycan can’t handle the corner well or isn’t fun to drive - just know that you will feel the weight difference vs the m4.

Funny you say that. I had an E90 M3 before, and the Taycan is a light years better in both handling and steering. Feels much more planted relative to the M3.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
I have the CT 4s(marginally less power than the gts). I came from an E60 M5. I couldn't bear to have less HP than my previous car and I test drove the CT4. I decided I had to have more power on tap. I also didn't want FOMO of a 4S.

Fast forward, I've put on 5400 miles on my 2022 CT 4S. I objectively have more power than I need and should have. It's too much power to use on streets that have a 25mph limit. On the highway, foot down to pass and I'm in "get arrested" territory with kids in the car. I should have just bought the CT4 and saved me some money while still having enough power to pass with ease.

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Funny you say that. I had an E90 M3 before, and the Taycan is a light years better in both handling and steering. Feels much more planted relative to the M3.
Hmm. Maybe I’m not describing it well. I agree the Taycan feels super planted (like on rails) and the handling is superb. But I definitely feel the weight difference in turns. For example, on this one turn in my neighborhood I would barely use the brake in my m3 and get the rear to come out but in the Taycan I have to use the brake a lot more and therefore not as fun.

OP
OP

andrew1cohen

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tayvan GTS, June BMW M4 Convert, Audi, Alfa Romeo
Country flag
My M4 is a hard top convertible -- while not as heavy as the Taycan, it's +700 lbs on the F80 M3 (mine is ~4,300). So I wonder if I will feel the difference as much as on the M3?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Hi all: I talked to my rep at Porsche today. I let her know I could not take delivery of my GTS. She said I was her second just today. We talked about me switching to a CT4, which both my wife and I like.
Out of curiosity, what made you change your mind from a GTS (sedan or ST?) to CT4?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag

Speaking about corners…do you have PDCC?
My CT4 goes through corners like a train.

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
Currently have both...well did...my wife took over my Taycan CT4 but also have a 992.1 Carrera S and a F82 M4 coupe as my alternate drivers. They CT4 is plenty fast for daily driving and instant torque is there in spades. You will feel the weight a bit more than the M car though and there were times when driving my CT4 when I wanted a bit more accelearation but then you'd realize you already were going pretty quickly so honestly its a mute point I found out for almost 80-90% of my driving needs. That said a 4S is basically all anyone needs in the Taycan if there is any concern for power...and all above it are just pointless exercises in spending cash and electrons! LOL.

I did build several GTS options when announced and ST GTS and all were just prohibitively expensive for what I wanted for the car especially given I have other "go fast" options! Good luck!
Sponsored