CT4 won’t charged while lifted

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Yesterday, when I parked my car in my garage while it was in lifted position. Plugged it in to my Wallbox to charge and the light became solid green indicating it was fully charged. Battery was at 77% but it wouldn’t charge. No possibility to select direct charge on the display. The Wallbox sent a message charging complete. Tried the standard Porsche EVSE. Same. Tried a lot of things and finally put it back to normal suspension level and it started charging. I don’t know if this is an intentional protection or a glitch.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yesterday, when I parked my car in my garage while it was in lifted position. Plugged it in to my Wallbox to charge and the light became solid green indicating it was fully charged. Battery was at 77% but it wouldn’t charge. No possibility to select direct charge on the display. The Wallbox sent a message charging complete. Tried the standard Porsche EVSE. Same. Tried a lot of things and finally put it back to normal suspension level and it started charging. I don’t know if this is an intentional protection or a glitch.
I seem to remember reading that somewhere in the Porsche Good To Know App as a normal feature but could be wrong.

I'll check my own car for next time.

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Thx. Couldn’t find it anywhere.

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
My 2020 Turbo S will charge for sure while lifted because I have done it many times when parking at a public charger when they have rubber or concrete stops to prevent you hitting the equipment.
Also at home because I lift it to wash the car, and I rarely use the button to lower the car afterwards, as I usually drive over 30km/h :giggle: and it does so automatically …

FredC057

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Fiat 500Ce, Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I’m charging all the time in lifted highest position in my garage.
I leave it lifted to go down and up the ramp of the garage entrance.
So that shouldn’t be the problem.
I have a CT4S MY21 even though I received it in Jan 22.
I’m using the Porsche charger.

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I’m charging all the time in lifted highest position in my garage.
I leave it lifted to go down and up the ramp of the garage entrance.
So that shouldn’t be the problem.
I have a CT4S MY21 even though I received it in Jan 22.
I’m using the Porsche charger.
Thx. Will try again maybe it was de smart lift function? And it won’t occurs when manual lift. It was initiated by the car because it had the problem with the Wallbox and Porsche EVSE

FredG

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
2022 CT4 here;
I use smart lift to come home daily to be able to ingress and egress into my driveway; Car charges in highest suspension setting without issues.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Must be something else…in profile charging settings.
IMO, there’s no logicsl explanation why lifted doesn’t charge.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Maybe just a coincidence? I also use smart lift due to my driveway and garage access. At home, it’s only ever charging while lifted.

If there is anything relating to lifting that might prevent charging, my guess would be jack mode.

SWORDER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Charging while lifting is definitely supported. In fact, in the early Taycan YouTube videos from a few years back, I remember one of the hosts saying it's prudent to lift the car when charging to avoid scraping the front bumper on the concrete blocks that're often present in front of the chargers.
Sponsored