CT4S in Frozen Blue with Bordeaux Red Leather??? Is this too bright/am I too old!!!

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Not sure about BP. I emailed them and reported in a different post. All current chargers are 400V. The didn’t say that they were doing anything different in the future. I will be specking the optional 150W charger as I am really not sure where we stand. As mentioned, zap map just shows the Wattage, no how many volts they use.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Not sure about BP. I emailed them and reported in a different post. All current chargers are 400V. The didn’t say that they were doing anything different in the future. I will be specking the optional 150W charger as I am really not sure where we stand. As mentioned, zap map just shows the Wattage, no how many volts they use.
I'm sure I read somewhere (but can't find it) that even the new ones are 400V but also I've seen 800V mentioned too. The BP Pulse website doesn't help.

To avoid disappointment include the 150kW 400V booster and all bases will be covered as I'm sure there will be a mix out there.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Fascinating charging discussion!

Did not notice that had transpired after typing the below comment on the OP topic, until until after I had belatedly hit the Post button:

For my Turbo, I chose the Frozen Blue Metallic with Black over Gray Racetex (had to have animal-free for my style), and I absolutely adore it. Every time I see it, it's like falling in love at first sight all over again. Wild horses couldn't drag me away, and I will never regret my choice.

As far as dirt visibility, the light-colored soil of the New Mexico high desert is nearly invisible on my FBM (with some credit going to my full PPF and ceramic), and I'm not sure any other color would do this as well. For most purposes, it can pass as professionally cleaned and polished, even after driving though a bit of the mud-spatters that serve as rain around here.

Disclaimer and full disclosure: 1) Racetex is not offered in Red. 2) Although many forum members and others in the world are enthused about Red in general, it is not a color I favor for most purposes. 3) I agree with the comment above that conveys an opinion that the FBM is complemented best by a darker interior. 4) I felt that in the extreme solar radiation intensity falling on the high desert of New Mexico, the darker colors would produce less glare on the interior glass, which I believe has proven to be true per my Taycan test-driving (various interiors, including light and dark leather) and owner-driving (dark Racetex).

Last edited:

pmanson

First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S (on order)
Country flag
We were going for frozen blue with the bordeaux interior.

Then we saw the couple samples at the dealership and ended up going with mamba green with bordeaux.

If you like it I'd day go for it but I would say try and see the frozen blue in the flesh before you make a final decision.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
@E2 JBR my Taycan in Frozen Blue with Slate Grey interior with exterior accents.

In limited sunlight, the colour is milky, but in bright sunshine the colour is deeper and pops.
Yes. FBM has dense silvery/opalescent metallic flake, which almost dominates the pale blue (base color seems to be about a #cde9f7 color hex triplet). I love the way it changes with the lighting and ambient colorscape, probably because of the reflective silvery metallic.

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Yes. FBM has dense silvery/opalescent metallic flake, which almost dominates the pale blue (base color seems to be about a #cde9f7 color hex triplet). I love the way it changes with the lighting and ambient colorscape, probably because of the reflective silvery metallic.
Many of the Taycan colours have this duality. It’s beautiful ?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
We were going for frozen blue with the bordeaux interior.

Then we saw the couple samples at the dealership and ended up going with mamba green with bordeaux.
The watermelon! Love it! :cool:

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Light blue over red has a lively retro vibe, and was seen on some fun cars on both sides of the Atlantic around the late ‘50s. I recently ordered a CT 4S in it- I wasn’t expecting my wife to love it, but she said that, once she recovered from the initial shock, she didn’t think any other combo had quite the same impact (she meant that as a positive- I appreciate that others might disagree?).

I think it works best with as many black options as possible throughout and the minimum amount of other finishes. I can't wait to see how it turns out….<gulp!>

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
I'm going Gentian with Bordeaux, think will be great with Frozen too. Having had my test drive in a Bordeaux car its more subdued in real life than in many photos which can make it look garish.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I'm going Gentian with Bordeaux, think will be great with Frozen too. Having had my test drive in a Bordeaux car its more subdued in real life than in many photos which can make it look garish.
Love my Bordeaux!
Porsche Taycan CT4S in Frozen Blue with Bordeaux Red Leather??? Is this too bright/am I too old!!! IMG_3051

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Porsche Taycan CT4S in Frozen Blue with Bordeaux Red Leather??? Is this too bright/am I too old!!! FrozBlue with Bordeaux
:cool:
(This was the only Bordeaux Red & Black sample to hand- contrast stitching is a startlingly expensive option on the Taycan)
Sponsored