Curious on any stats of Taycan getting stolen in Toronto GTA area.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
You won’t get any more from insurance, as they look to market data to value your loss anyway.
Unless it has a Return To Invoice benefit clause. Though if it's one like mine- "New Car Replacement if your car is less than 24 months old and written off or stolen and not recovered""- the OP's scheme is doomed to end with a replacement Taycan, even in the incredibly unlikely event that (1) it gets stolen in the first place and (2) even less likely, it doesn't get recovered.
Sponsored

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Anyone heard of any Taycan getting stolen in Toronto area? Just see another post somewhere about their Rover getting stolen.
Just thinking of what to get if i get full payout if my new Cross Turismo get stolen. 911 sounds about right given around the same insurance band, but will suck cause of the effort to set up the home charging station. Wish to get a even more expensive car but I am told that anything about $250K will be special insurance.
Let me guess, got bored with the Taycan, got a quote for a trade-in and now hoping to have it stolen instead? ;)

Bad news for you is insurance will only pay replacement value, and used Taycan prices have dropped. An exception is if you have a loan or lease with gap insurance - then if you owe more than it's worth, then insurance covers up to the amount owed. In case you were getting other ideas, arranging to get it stolen can get you zero money and a possible jail term. I'd suggest making peace with reality and the current value of your Taycan.

Good new for you, Taycan CT (which is what your profile says you have, I assume that means Taycan 4CT) has depreciated the least of all trims at this time. You say you can afford a car >$250K, you can handle Taycan CT depreciation then. Lesson for the future, most cars are not an investments, they depreciate, with the highest drop when new.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BJCanadaMax

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
Let me guess, got bored with the Taycan, got a quote for a trade-in and now hoping to have it stolen instead? ;)

Bad news for you is insurance will only pay replacement value, and used Taycan prices have dropped. An exception is if you have a loan or lease with gap insurance - then if you owe more than it's worth, then insurance covers up to the amount owed. In case you were getting other ideas, arranging to get it stolen can get you zero money and a possible jail term. I'd suggest making peace with reality and the current value of your Taycan.

Good new for you, Taycan CT (which is what your profile says you have, I assume that means Taycan 4CT) has depreciated the least of all trims at this time. You say you can afford a car >$250K, you can handle Taycan CT depreciation then. Lesson for the future, most cars are not an investments, they depreciate, with the highest drop when new.
Nope. i like the Cross Turismo. So good to know that it‘s not popular among thieves. What i really hope for is snow. I want to validate that the cross turismo walk on snow like a piece of cake
Sponsored

Last edited: