Current Taycan residual is 51% (and money factor equates to 10.5% interest)

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
for any of you wanting to know what Taycan GTS residual looks like:

-36 month residual is 51% of the MSRP, and the money factor equates to 10.5% interest.
Sponsored

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: akg

Icebergmikey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 850i, Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
Shat!!! Any idea what the 4S numbers are like? I’m still trying to decide if I want to buy or lease.

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4 RS; Panamera 4S; Cayenne E-Hybrid
Country flag
Porsche leases always suck, even more so for Taycan and the E-Hybrids now that the tax credit is gone. The interest rate (known as money factor for leases) is also very high for Porsche...always has been in the past, and it'll only get worse from here! Still, leasing is a great tool to minimize risk and take advantage of potential tax benefits.

Last edited:

HowDoYouChargeIt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 CT 4S
Country flag
Residual is what it is, if the car is worth more when the term is over you can buy it and sell it to a dealer or private party.

The interest rate blows. I think Porsche does it to protect the risk associated with the residual.

OP
OP
Redhot2474

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Residual is what it is, if the car is worth more when the term is over you can buy it and sell it to a dealer or private party.

The interest rate blows. I think Porsche does it to protect the risk associated with the residual.
Exactly , I’m giving my wife’s Range Rover lease back to dealer and Have about 10-12k of equity to roll into her new Rover

here’s a good article :
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/11/your-2019-leased-car-could-now-be-worth-7200-more-than-expected.html

diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Buy rate is 8.16%, but it used to be much less last month.

Turbo S is 43% RV on 36/12k.

You can lease other Porsches because some are high RVs, but Taycan is a joke to lease.

As a rule of the thumb, lower the model, higher RV.

VWF doesn't want this on their books

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
Buy rate is 8.16%, but it used to be much less last month.

Turbo S is 43% RV on 36/12k.

You can lease other Porsches because some are high RVs, but Taycan is a joke to lease.

As a rule of the thumb, lower the model, higher RV.

VWF doesn't want this on their books
43% yikes! Definitely a hard incentive to purchase unless you really need to lease. You're basically making the same payment as if you purchased without the direct equity.

Andy0565

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IPace
Country flag
I rarely see a justification for finance if you have the cash to buy. However, I secured my (UK) finance rate of 5.9% in October 2021 when I first put down a reservation deposit and with the current rate at 11.9% decided to go ahead with the deal whilst putting down the biggest deposit they would allow. (49%) (Took delivery yesterday)

My deal is over 4 years and basically the money I have invested that I would have used to pay the balance now needs to grow at more than 5.9% after tax to make the financing pay.

With inflation in the UK >10% and interest rates set to rise further, I think I have a better than evens chance of doing OK and if, at any time, I think I’ve made a bad call, I can pay off the loan with a penalty of 2 months interest.

And if Taycan values plummet over the next 4 years and my car’s worth less than the ‘balloon payment’ I can hand the car back, so my depreciation exposure is capped.

I believe I’ve made a sensible decision, naturally, but only because I secured this year’s loan at last year’s rate. But hey, there has to be some upside to waiting 14 months for a car you order.

Another point. Extras are a big problem in finance deals, so if you want to minimise your monthly payments, avoid getting carried away in the configurator!

Stoneageman

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
TBH I think lease is a safer way of buying the car because you can always give it back. I usually just look at the monthly and how much money I will be paying driving the car for 3 years. If lease is cheaper than loan for 3 years, I go with lease.
Sponsored