• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 20, 2024 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 20, 2024, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Hey, yes, we will definitely get another batch made. There is certainly enough interest.

If anyone else is interested, please let me know and that’ll give me an idea how many to order.

I’m also looking at alternatives to the 1up rack that would be available in Europe such as from Yakima and Thule. This second time I will probably just supply the bars and have individuals order their bike mounts (or cargo box) themselves.

@Albion @Old man @Swissbob @Artman @Tincan @nafzal80 I’m counting you as interested already.
@bsclywilly Count me in for round 2 too!
Sponsored

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Interested! Will, could you let me know any details on how a cargo box would be able to mount to the bars? Any specific mounting spacing/width that I need to keep in mind when looking at the various cargo boxes?

Any cargo box would need to be able to handle the 48" spread of these bars, center to center. Taking into consideration the clearance from the rear tail gate to where a box could be mounted, you'd have about 19 - 20" of "bar left". If mounting the yakima exo gear locker or a deep space 10 box, you're likely have to get creative with the mounting. You'd likely have 3 - 4" of overhang of the box on top of the bars.

Also bear in mind, that the box will be fixed into place. Access to the contents inside of the trunk is awkward with the box in the way so items stored in the trunk will need to be carefully considered.

OP
OP
bsclywilly

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Measured a Yakima EXO gearbox today. It’ll need an adapter to fit the bars. To clear the tailgate opening the mounting points in the bars (10”, 255mm spacing) would be where the arrows are below and the end of the box would overhang by a few inches.

Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy DF30F5B6-29BA-4A6F-83F3-8234B12C7FF9

One idea is to use some bottom mount drawer slides. This would allow you to get access between the trunk and box. But adds complexity as you’ll need to lock the position somehow. 150lb capacity in these ones but dirt and such might be a problem over time.
Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy 81804509-CA60-414E-81B3-BC750A895012

Widthwise it’s no problem to span the 48” (1220mm) spacing.
Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy AF6EFD30-225C-48E3-865B-1E60B6886B23

landshark

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hey, yes, we will definitely get another batch made. There is certainly enough interest.

If anyone else is interested, please let me know and that’ll give me an idea how many to order.

I’m also looking at alternatives to the 1up rack that would be available in Europe such as from Yakima and Thule. This second time I will probably just supply the bars and have individuals order their bike mounts (or cargo box) themselves.

@Albion @Old man @Swissbob @Artman @Tincan @nafzal80 I’m counting you as interested already.
Count me in for bar only as well. :cool:

Mtljckt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT, BMW i3s, X5, 540i
Country flag
I would get a spare set too, but I would very much like to see the slightly curved bar. Imo that would make this setup perfect. I know we discussed about the technical limitations but maybe with less of a rush, like it was rhe first time, it could be done. And the 1Up rack not being available in Europe makes the whole kit even more bad ass.
Adding this curved ending and perhaps a very thin mid brake stop would beat Porsche's design at all aspects. I would even patent this setup and sell it to them, if I were you. They will use it for the sedan too, I'm pretty sure the demand will be fantastic.

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag

Pandsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 650s, Mustang ME, Taycan CT4
Country flag