• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 20, 2024 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 20, 2024, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

optik382

First Name
Fletcher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2023 XC90 PHEV, 2022 Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I'm in. Just need to confirm you can support bikes with wheelbase up to 56". About 4" longer than most "normal" bikes. I use a cargo bike :)

I will be honest, I'd prefer if you just made a "Taycan CT to 2-inch standard trailer hitch adapter" which would work with so many cargo trays and bike racks out there. But, this'll work, and I really appreciate you doing this. Don't mean to sound ungrateful for this community service you're doing here. Thanks in advance!

Mtljckt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT, BMW i3s, X5, 540i
Country flag
Count me in too. I need two 1st ups though, since I can't order one separately, not available here. Thanks, well done!

OP
OP
bsclywilly

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
I'm in. Just need to confirm you can support bikes with wheelbase up to 56". About 4" longer than most "normal" bikes. I use a cargo bike :)

I will be honest, I'd prefer if you just made a "Taycan CT to 2-inch standard trailer hitch adapter" which would work with so many cargo trays and bike racks out there. But, this'll work, and I really appreciate you doing this. Don't mean to sound ungrateful for this community service you're doing here. Thanks in advance!
1up says their tray is good up to 54”. May be worth a call to them to see what they might suggest.

They have a tandem tray but that’s 89” long!

I too did consider a 2” adapter. I wrote about my thoughts on that in the linked thread in original post. Even contacted a couple hitch makers to see if they were interested before going this route.

JanOve

First Name
Jan Ove
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo 2022
Country flag
Hi,

Those of you who followed my thread about my custom rear rack have shown alot of interest so I've put together this group buy. Deadline to sign up is 4/22!!

With no reliable ETA on the Porsche rack in sight, and issues and complaints that users have had with the Porsche unit, I had my rack quoted and have details below for anyone that wants to purchase the same setup.

The details are as follows:
  • Includes 2 fully assembled extension bars, anodized black, stainless steel hardware, and plastic finishing caps. Bars are 32" long, 3" longer than my prototype for added clearance to car.
  • Includes 2 1up roof tray racks with 1up hardware for universal mounting as well as hardware that will bolt on the extension bars flush, as pictured.
  • Load rating for the rack is 75lbs per bike. 3.1" tire width limit.
  • Expected shipping June 3rd.
  • $955 including shipping with $500 deposit once minimum 10 people have signed up.
  • Outside continental US we can sort out shipping rates separately.
I can also build you an optional trailer light plug that will deactivate rear PDC, LCA, and remote hatch opening. $50. You can also make this yourself by following the instructions I posted here.

The timeline I want to stick to to get your racks to you by early June is as follows:

4/22: If 10+ orders are confirmed, I'll provide instructions to send me the $500 deposit by venmo/paypal/zelle. I'll place the order for the 1up racks and the extension bars as soon as I get 10 deposits which may be before this date.​
5/3: 10 day lead time for machining. Should have pics of the bars in process and ready to ship.​
5/31: 4 week lead time for shipping extension bars from China. My wife was kind enough to use her factory contacts to set this up with a trusted machinist. Exhausted efforts to find a machinist in the US but our supplier will be lower cost and overall lead time about the same as reputable shops stateside. I'll also be doing some small machining work for the locking pins in the US.​
6/3: Packed and shipped out of California. Before this point I'll be getting your balance and shipping address.​
6/10: Delivered around this time via Fedex Ground.​

Please express your interest by replying below and I'll add your name to the below list. If you want the trailer plug, please specify, otherwise I'll assume you don't want it.

1. @Visceral incl. plug
  2. @thecoloradokid
  3. @Bry5on
  4. @Busski
  5. @Hirschaj incl. plug
  6. @bah1590 incl. plug
  7. @Mtljckt

Extension bar detail:
IMG_6999.jpg
bar end caps.jpg

Assembled on car:
rack bar top.jpg
rack bar bottom.jpg

IMG_7279e.jpg

@TaycanCook @philbur @MarkSCville @dickp @Sf-bay-taycan-seeker @Bry5on @landshark @Visceral @thecoloradokid @Busski @ciaranob @Mtljckt, you have expressed interest so cc'ing you here. Please also reply below to confirm if you're still interested!

Thanks and happy trails and rides...soon.
Will
hi, here in Norway we are in need of new taillights behind the bikes and also a new licenceplate with lights, behind the bikes…. Is this something that can be added ? 😅

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
The timeline I want to stick to to get your racks to you by early June is as follows:

4/22: If 10+ orders are confirmed, I'll provide instructions to send me the $500 deposit by venmo/paypal/zelle. I'll place the order for the 1up racks and the extension bars as soon as I get 10 deposits which may be before this date.​
5/3: 10 day lead time for machining. Should have pics of the bars in process and ready to ship.​
5/31: 4 week lead time for shipping extension bars from China. My wife was kind enough to use her factory contacts to set this up with a trusted machinist. Exhausted efforts to find a machinist in the US but our supplier will be lower cost and overall lead time about the same as reputable shops stateside. I'll also be doing some small machining work for the locking pins in the US.​
6/3: Packed and shipped out of California. Before this point I'll be getting your balance and shipping address.​
6/10: Delivered around this time via Fedex Ground.​

Please express your interest by replying below and I'll add your name to the below list. If you want the trailer plug, please specify, otherwise I'll assume you don't want it.

1. @Visceral incl. plug
  2. @thecoloradokid
  3. @Bry5on
  4. @Busski
  5. @Hirschaj incl. plug
  6. @bah1590 incl. plug
  7. @Mtljckt

@TaycanCook @philbur @MarkSCville @dickp @Sf-bay-taycan-seeker @Bry5on @landshark @Visceral @thecoloradokid @Busski @ciaranob @Mtljckt, you have expressed interest so cc'ing you here. Please also reply below to confirm if you're still interested!

Thanks and happy trails and rides...soon.
Hey Will,

Great news and yes I am in and for the Plug too please.

Thx for all the hard work setting this up - just excellent,

Cheers, C.

OP
OP
bsclywilly

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We had a discussion about lights on my other thread here. There are some kits that can be bought if you need that such as this one https://www.amazon.com/Lets-Go-Aero-Universal-Trailers/dp/B079M9L7RF
There are indeed quite a few options including deceleration lights etc but all those I've reviewed need to be powered by the car in some way - with the plug you are providing access to any 'hitch' power would be negated, no? I'm not clear as yet exactly how we could power these light solutions other than find battery operated versions etc.

OP
OP
bsclywilly

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
There are indeed quite a few options including deceleration lights etc but all those I've reviewed need to be powered by the car in some way - with the plug you are providing access to any 'hitch' power would be negated, no? I'm not clear as yet exactly how we could power these light solutions other than find battery operated versions etc.
You can still power any lights with the hitch plug. If you're running lights, then you don't need to run a resistor on that circuit. The resistor just simulates a light in the circuit.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You can still power any lights with the hitch plug. If you're running lights, then you don't need to run a resistor on that circuit. The resistor just simulates a light in the circuit.
Whilst quite capable in all things mechanical, I have VERY basic skills when it comes to auto electronics - just don't enjoy that aspect - and the idea of me mucking up here on such an expensive car is very real:)!

I suspect (as we sort of know already from multiple queries here) there would be HUGE interest in modifying your plug with an option to have a (weather proof) light power connection somehow integrated - again this would only effect the price of the plug you offer and keep the main unit as listed - just a thought and I would certainly be 100% willing to pay whatever addl. cost that might involve - no pressure :)

OP
OP
bsclywilly

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Whilst quite capable in all things mechanical, I have VERY basic skills when it comes to auto electronics - just don't enjoy that aspect - and the idea of me mucking up here on such an expensive car is very real:)!

I suspect (as we sort of know already from multiple queries here) there would be HUGE interest in modifying your plug with an option to have a (weather proof) light power connection somehow integrated - again this would only effect the price of the plug you offer and keep the main unit as listed - just a thought and I would certainly be 100% willing to pay whatever addl. cost that might involve - no pressure :)
No problem. There isn't much damage you could possibly do. If you want wire leads it wouldn't be a problem to add them before I ship to you.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No problem. There isn't much damage you could possibly do. If you want wire leads it wouldn't be a problem to add them before I ship to you.
Can take this offline to not distract from the thread but was looking at something like these Curt LED lights but of course the 4 pin plug they use may not be very std. (although they suggest it is) - according to the description, on std hitch hook-ups they'd link to the car's brake, tail and indicator/turn lights which would make for a great solution, nice and simple/clean, however I suspect the pin layout in the Taycan plug prob not that simple to engage/link to?

https://www.amazon.com/CURT-53201-A...8FHX/ref=dp_prsubs_1?pd_rd_i=B07YXH8FHX&psc=1

Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 1.02.23 PM

Guessing you'd need to have this female receptor dialed into the car's relevant pins? Have no idea if our CT's use a 2 wire system or something different?

https://www.curtmfg.com/part/58345

Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 3.00.41 PM

Last edited: