• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 20, 2024 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 20, 2024, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
I'm in for just the bars. I'm looking to use it with a cargo tray. These appendages of mine don't know what to do with a non-motorized two wheeler.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bsclywilly

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Also if you are by yourself you would just need to install one tray?
Will you able to do a single rack version instead of two?
There will just be one length of extension bars. If you want to only run one tray rack, that's totally fine. Let me know you only want to order one tray. I run one tray on the end of the extensions and it's nice that the tailgate can clear the handlebar on my road bike. On a mountain bike it will depend a bit on your handlebar width.

OP
OP
bsclywilly

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
I'm in for just the bars. I'm looking to use it with a cargo tray. These appendages of mine don't know what to do with a non-motorized two wheeler.
Works great with the cargo tray too.

Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy IMG_7489

FYI, I'll let you order your own cargo tray and 1up will ship to you free if you get theirs. Will need the 60" one as the 48" is just a bit too short.

And thanks for being #10 on the list! For everyone else on the list, look for a DM on or before 4/22.

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Got it, I forgot about the 10% off on the trays. I need a little more time to see if my dealer will let me keep the factory bars that I have or not. Most likley I will want to purchase the bars from you.
I'm in for the bars.

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
There will just be one length of extension bars. If you want to only run one tray rack, that's totally fine. Let me know you only want to order one tray. I run one tray on the end of the extensions and it's nice that the tailgate can clear the handlebar on my road bike. On a mountain bike it will depend a bit on your handlebar width.
I would like to order two trays I was just checking if I was going by myself then I can only install one and it sounds like I can. Thanks for all the answers.

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
Count me in for a set of bars only!

Thanks so much for doing this!! :)

phil.

amamoy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Macan GTS, Range Rover, Ariel Atom
Country flag
Hi,

Those of you who followed my thread about my custom rear rack have shown alot of interest so I've put together this group buy. Deadline to sign up is 4/22!!

With no reliable ETA on the Porsche rack in sight, and issues and complaints that users have had with the Porsche unit, I had my rack quoted and have details below for anyone that wants to purchase the same setup.

The details are as follows:
  • Includes 2 fully assembled extension bars, anodized black, stainless steel hardware, and plastic finishing caps. Bars are 32" long, 3" longer than my prototype for added clearance to car.
  • Includes 2 1up roof tray racks with 1up hardware for universal mounting as well as hardware that will bolt on the extension bars flush, as pictured.
  • Load rating for the rack is 75lbs per bike. 3.1" tire width limit.
  • Expected shipping June 3rd.
  • $955 including shipping with $500 deposit once minimum 10 people have signed up.
  • Outside continental US we can sort out shipping rates separately.
I can also build you an optional trailer light plug that will deactivate rear PDC, LCA, and remote hatch opening. $50. You can also make this yourself by following the instructions I posted here.

The timeline I want to stick to to get your racks to you by early June is as follows:

4/22: If 10+ orders are confirmed, I'll provide instructions to send me the $500 deposit by venmo/paypal/zelle. I'll place the order for the 1up racks and the extension bars as soon as I get 10 deposits which may be before this date.​
5/3: 10 day lead time for machining. Should have pics of the bars in process and ready to ship.​
5/31: 4 week lead time for shipping extension bars from China. My wife was kind enough to use her factory contacts to set this up with a trusted machinist. Exhausted efforts to find a machinist in the US but our supplier will be lower cost and overall lead time about the same as reputable shops stateside. I'll also be doing some small machining work for the locking pins in the US.​
6/3: Packed and shipped out of California. Before this point I'll be getting your balance and shipping address.​
6/10: Delivered around this time via Fedex Ground.​

Please express your interest by replying below and I'll add your name to the below list. If you want the trailer plug, please specify, otherwise I'll assume you don't want it.

1. @Visceral incl. plug
  2. @thecoloradokid
  3. @Bry5on
  4. @Busski
  5. @Hirschaj incl. plug
  6. @bah1590 incl. plug
  7. @Mtljckt incl. plug
  8. @MarkSCville incl. plug, no trays
  9. @ciaranob incl. plug
  10. @TaycanCook no trays
  11. @dickp no trays
  12. @philbur no trays

Extension bar detail:
IMG_6999.jpg
bar end caps.jpg

Assembled on car:
rack bar top.jpg
rack bar bottom.jpg

IMG_7279e.jpg

@TaycanCook @philbur @MarkSCville @dickp @Sf-bay-taycan-seeker @Bry5on @landshark @Visceral @thecoloradokid @Busski @ciaranob @Mtljckt, you have expressed interest so cc'ing you here. Please also reply below to confirm if you're still interested!

Thanks and happy trails and rides...soon.
Will
I am in. Including plug please.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
bsclywilly

Hey Will,
I meant to ask - do we have a measure of how higher the bike rail floor is on this 1UP custom setup vs the 'dropped' tray floor that comes with the Porsche factory carrier?

I am speaking to the way the bikes sit lower on that factory rack as the carrier trays are angled down either side of the curved support tubes vs sitting fully above the straight tubes on your custom design.

Not an issue at all but was just curious as I am assuming it will sit 1-2 inches higher above roof line which is a good thing to be aware of!

OP
OP
bsclywilly

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
bsclywilly

Hey Will,
I meant to ask - do we have a measure of how higher the bike rail floor is on this 1UP custom setup vs the 'dropped' tray floor that comes with the Porsche factory carrier?

I am speaking to the way the bikes sit lower on that factory rack as the carrier trays are angled down either side of the curved support tubes vs sitting fully above the straight tubes on your custom design.

Not an issue at all but was just curious as I am assuming it will sit 1-2 inches higher above roof line which is a good thing to be aware of!
Looks like from Bry5on’s pic it might be 1-2”. Low entrance to the bat cave?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Looks like from Bry5on’s pic it might be 1-2”. Low entrance to the bat cave?
Nope :), was thinking about aerodynamics - more tucked in the better but don't think 1-2 inches is going to do anything dramatic!

optik382

First Name
Fletcher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2023 XC90 PHEV, 2022 Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
1up says their tray is good up to 54”. May be worth a call to them to see what they might suggest.

They have a tandem tray but that’s 89” long!

I too did consider a 2” adapter. I wrote about my thoughts on that in the linked thread in original post. Even contacted a couple hitch makers to see if they were interested before going this route.
Sweet! I'll take it, and the plug.

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
Super cool! Tempted even though I won’t have my CT for another 2 months :D

Would this be able to fit more than 2 bikes?

OP
OP
bsclywilly

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Super cool! Tempted even though I won’t have my CT for another 2 months :D

Would this be able to fit more than 2 bikes?
No. The two bikes are spaced 10” apart so unless you want to start removing pedals and rotating handlebars to fit a third tray (there is always a way) I wouldn’t recommend it.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Looking for rear tray solutions, I saw the yakima rear cargo box which had me also looking at the thule combi box. Looking forward to fitting a box to the back. Makes me second guess why I added roof rails to this build.

OP
OP
bsclywilly

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Makes me second guess why I added roof rails to this build.
What a drag... Speaking of which, I was seeing between 4-13% reduction in range with the setup I posted above. Better than the 15-30% range hit from a roof box. Man those Yakima and Thule boxes have some decent volume! Did not know about those options before.
Sponsored