• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 20, 2024 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 20, 2024, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

action-ant

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
Thanks Will for the response. If whoever is mounting the box follows up and posts results on how it all came together, I would really appreciate it as well. Looking to have a hard lockable box for extra cargo storage!

Ant
Sponsored

OP
OP
bsclywilly

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Thanks Will for the response. If whoever is mounting the box follows up and posts results on how it all came together, I would really appreciate it as well. Looking to have a hard lockable box for extra cargo storage!

Ant
@TaycanCook I’m also interested in what solution you find with the cargo box.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
@TaycanCook I’m also interested in what solution you find with the cargo box.
I think that it'll be a bit of time before I can finish this little project. I called around to all the REI around me this morning for the box and zero had them in stock. No ETA for them being in stock. I suspect it's supply chain related. I also realized another problem that might be interesting to solve. With a cargo box, it's really inconvenient to get into the trunk. With the tray solution you have, you can step onto the tray, whereas stepping on a box is a non-starter.

OP
OP
bsclywilly

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Thank you @bsclywilly you are my hero!

Picked up, @bsclywilly helped me do a trial install, everything worked perfectly. Then he helped me pack it in the trunk and even gave me some protective foam for the ride home.

PXL_20220612_225251660~3.jpg
You’re welcome! Great meeting you and the SO today. Likewise for @optik382 and @Busski who picked up their racks earlier.

I have to say, in my completely biased opinion, seeing you guys pull away is perfect confirmation that the CT is the best looking car out there! The pedestrian sound too is something I didn’t notice as much from inside the car but sounds awesome.

KarlFreund

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cambrian-ai.com
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hey Will! My rack was stateside prepping for delivery when they were recalled. Any chance you will do another production run? Thanks so much for all you are doing to help us all out!

OP
OP
bsclywilly

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Hey Will! My rack was stateside prepping for delivery when they were recalled. Any chance you will do another production run? Thanks so much for all you are doing to help us all out!
Hey, yes, we will definitely get another batch made. There is certainly enough interest.

If anyone else is interested, please let me know and that’ll give me an idea how many to order.

I’m also looking at alternatives to the 1up rack that would be available in Europe such as from Yakima and Thule. This second time I will probably just supply the bars and have individuals order their bike mounts (or cargo box) themselves.

@Albion @Old man @Swissbob @Artman @Tincan @nafzal80 I’m counting you as interested already.

KarlFreund

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cambrian-ai.com
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hey, yes, we will definitely get another batch made. There is certainly enough interest.

If anyone else is interested, please let me know and that’ll give me an idea how many to order.

I’m also looking at alternatives to the 1up rack that would be available in Europe such as from Yakima and Thule. This second time I will probably just supply the bars and have individuals order their bike mounts (or cargo box) themselves.

@Albion @Old man @Swissbob @Artman @Tincan @nafzal80 I’m counting you as interested already.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
If you’re even remotely on the fence about participating in this group buy… JUST DO IT. It has been a fantastic experience for me (and I believe for all the other participants of the first one). The rack is fantastic. Here are a couple of photos of my CT4 with rack and bikes.

Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy D5AE6E5D-44EB-4852-B858-F8FE2AF83480
Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy 2F0D9DC8-9C8E-4908-BC86-F62EE28D9BF3

Changer

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
My current car has a hitch rack and I can easily fold it and park in my garage. I am assuming all of you detach this rack when it is not in use…

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
My current car has a hitch rack and I can easily fold it and park in my garage. I am assuming all of you detach this rack when it is not in use…
Correct, but even if I could, I would never leave a bike rack attached to my Taycan for any longer than I needed to.

action-ant

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
Interested! Will, could you let me know any details on how a cargo box would be able to mount to the bars? Any specific mounting spacing/width that I need to keep in mind when looking at the various cargo boxes?
Sponsored