• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 20, 2024 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 20, 2024, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Added my name to the second order and looking forward to using this bike rack! Thanks to Will and all the first order customer reviews.

Has anyone tried this rack on the bars? I already have one so would love to repurpose, if possible, instead of buying two new 1Up racks. Also known as Thule ProRide XT.

Also, I think it was mentioned earlier but can I squeeze a third bike on? It would be a youth 24” bike so handlebars and pedals would lie lower than the adult bikes.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bsclywilly

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Added my name to the second order and looking forward to using this bike rack! Thanks to Will and all the first order customer reviews.

Has anyone tried this rack on the bars? I already have one so would love to repurpose, if possible, instead of buying two new 1Up racks. Also known as Thule ProRide XT.

Also, I think it was mentioned earlier but can I squeeze a third bike on? It would be a youth 24” bike so handlebars and pedals would lie lower than the adult bikes.
The spacing of the bars would be the main constraint that determines whether you can use the Proride XT. They're 48" apart. I don't think it will work on an adult bike with the Thule/Porsche option. But perhaps with the smaller 24" wheel you could give it a try.

I doubt you will be able to squeeze 3 bikes on but I have also not tried a third rack. There might be a slight chance that there is a combination where the pedals and handlebars don't interfere with each other. How good are you at Tetris?

KarlFreund

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cambrian-ai.com
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
can someone remind me what lights are available? (Senior moment) and whether they disable the trunk and rear alerts? Thanks in advance! So excited to be getting so close thanks to Will!

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
can someone remind me what lights are available? (Senior moment) and whether they disable the trunk and rear alerts? Thanks in advance! So excited to be getting so close thanks to Will!
There are a lot of options out there (a number of suggestions in the thread) - here is what I did:

Link to parts here: #7

Link to install and video demo: #154 (and few posts in this thread before/after in same thread)

Link to final install and how I hid/tidied up the wiring: #158

This is a super simple plug and play solution that turns off beeps in reverse and all other car functions remain available (the trunk is still operable so be aware if bikes attached).

Note that because LEDs have a much lower draw the PCM will think that your 'trailer's incandescent' bulbs have failed (in actuality the LEDs are simply not drawing enough load) and you will get three "white" advisory notices in your dash view suggesting that the left & right turn signals and the rear brake light bulbs are not working when in fact they are just fine :)! Here are screenshots of the advisories - you may also get an (ignorable) LGW warning re trailer: #160

You can (as I currently do) totally ignore these advisories as the light system and all it's functions works perfectly. Simply clicking the "Return" button on your steering column 3 times on startup will get rid of these notices for the remainder of your trip. They will pop up each time you restart the car only.

Alternately if these advisories bug the heck out of you :), you can add inline/soldered load resistors to mimic incandescent loads and nullify the advisories - resistors attached either externally to the trailer plug (for cooling) or embed internally as @TaycanCook demonstrated here #22 .

Finally, whilst all I had were the advisory notices caused by lower load LEDs vs incandescent bulbs Taycancook apparently had an ACC error too - can't figure out as yet why this occurs as we have the exact same parts! He thus added load resistors to nullify all these minor errors including the ACC error.

Again, I decided in the end not to bother with adding load resistors as three clicks is a super simple solution in my case and the setup is that much simpler - but again, just a heads-up.

Cheers, C.

Last edited:

OP
OP
bsclywilly

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Was curious so tried putting three bikes on. Definitely doable. My daughters bike is just a 16” wheel but I think a larger bike would clear more easily with taller handlebars. 3 adult bikes would be another challenge depending on handlebar position.

Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy 750C3E00-81CA-4686-B7EB-1CB48D98D701

Pedal is pretty close to the tailgate though so I would probably put a strap across the top tubes for extra peace of mind.

Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy 6D29DAA0-CB88-4271-B9E1-97BE3AF92EAF

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Put on 450 miles with the yakima box. WIth the car and box fully loaded (box had about 100lbs of gear), cruising between 65 and 80, consumption was at 3 mi/kwh. I would normally get about 3.2 mi/kwh. The willy bars are instrumental in this setup.
Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy 20220807_224417

Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy 20220805_101347

Last edited:

action-ant

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
Put on 450 miles with the yakima box. WIth the car and box fully loaded (box had about 100lbs of gear), cruising between 65 and 80, consumption was at 3 mi/kwh. I would normally get about 3.2 mi/kwh. The willy bars are instrumental in this setup.
20220807_224417.jpg
This looks great--what did you do for the rear lights and the license plate mount?

Anthony

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
The led lights are CURT 53201. The license plate light/holder I picked up from amazon: link.

License plate holder is mounted on a piece of aluminum that I bolted onto my strut bars. You could also mount the plate holder directly onto the box directly using vhb tape (doubled up).

The lights are attached with vhb tape that comes with the lights.

Wiring wise, I used a 4 pin trailer wiring to attach to the license plate light. I used a splitter to let me hook up the license plate, and the curt lights, and that attaches to the carrofix harness.

Last edited:

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
(Dup from my Custom thread)

Well, a slow day in Paradise :) (!) but went ahead and painted the inner bright silver unfinished parts that are visible when you remove the covers to install the rear carrier :) Seriously minor stuff but just bugs me enough to do it and TBH it looks way better to me! Might need another angle to highlight but next time you have yours off you'll see what I mean!!

Here is a pic of the unpainted areas (stolen from Will's post as forgot to take a pic bef I painted mine!):
Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy BBF85B3F-7A01-4DB3-B8CE-E27C78F7BCE9

Painted versions:
Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy IMG_6800

OP
OP
bsclywilly

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Thanks to everyone who joined the second round of bars. Most have shipped out and been received now.

I still have 4 sets if anyone else is interested. Reply to this thread or DM me. Shipping to Europe can also be arranged.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Last edited:

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Can someone help me with an idea of what I’d be mounting the lights / plate on?

Would something like this work?
https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/aw/d/...d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWwp13NParams
Unfortunately the smart stick on LED’s that @Cianrob suggested don’t appear to be available in Switzerland…
@bsclywilly I wonder would it be possible to retrofit the 1Up LED lights, or the LED light plate mount?
https://www.1up-usa.com/product/led-light-bar-2/
https://www.1up-usa.com/product/led-light-bar-plate-holder-2/
Sponsored